Ding: Byron Scott's Overriding Faith in Kobe Bryant Has Lakers on Brink of Fracture
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Ding: Byron Scott's Overriding Faith in Kobe Bryant Has Lakers on Brink of Fracture

Ding skewers Kobe, Scott, and to some degree the FO
With his poised posture, authoritative calm and championship heritage, Byron Scott undoubtedly has leadership skills.

All that won't matter one bit, however, if Scott doesn't lead one man in particular.

Scott must lead Kobe Bryant if he wants the others to follow. Not just get along. Not just offer license and liberty. Lead.

And Scott's ledger on that front so far is as bad as the Lakers' one-win record under him, the worst 10-game start in franchise history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2270467-byron-scotts-overriding-faith-in-kobe-bryant-has-lakers-on-brink-of-fracture?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject:

Yawn. Are these ANALysts going to write new material that we already haven't heard 600 times?
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject:

lol Fracture? i thought it was completely broken already
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject:

Man please. All this Kobe hate recently is ridiculous. I'm sorry but Kobe passing the ball an extra 5-10 times wasn't going to win those games against the warriors. Not with the way this team plays defense.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Man please. All this Kobe hate recently is ridiculous. I'm sorry but Kobe passing the ball an extra 5-10 times wasn't going to win those games against the warriors. Not with the way this team plays defense.

Kobe could/should be the leader in the defense too... But he is not.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
CelticBuster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject:

"You want to build the team around Bryant's free rein on offense while he is encouraged to "rest"—Scott's own word—on defense,,"

Team ball also.

Watch thee 2006 playoffs, Kobe. We almost beat phoenix and should've if not for one defensive rebound with kwame, luke, lamar and smush
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject:

One thing I don't particularly like about Kobe is that he has a habit of giving it to other players and expecting them to just create 1vs5 like he does and be successful. That's his idea of sharing the ball. Just give up the ball and watch, no cuts, motion, screens for other players etc. He just watches then tries to bail them out and call for the ball when nothing happens due to a stagnant offense. The offense has no motion since kobes side is reserved for his iso and everyone else is clustered on the opposite side. Then when the team fails it serves as proof that his teammates are incompetent and require him to take over. This is not to say he doesn't make off ball plays once in awhile, just not often enough imo to perpetuate legitimate team play.

It's not entirely his fault, the coaches need a system in place but the offense right now is so freaking simple. It's watching as players go 1v1 with the occasional pick n roll or set.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

It's a lost season. Objectives:

1) Retain our draft pick

2) Accomodate Kobe's scoring drive

I don't have a problem with the status quo, though having Kobe on this roster of rejects guarantees a few extra wins. In fact, any effort to change that would be upsetting.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

If Kobe scores 44 a night, I'm still there. (bleep) the rest of this trash team.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

Kobe could/should be the leader in the defense too... But he is not.

Tell me how Kobe could make Jordan Hill even try defending Andrew Bogut?
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

Good, top five pick here we come
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
If Kobe scores 44 a night, I'm still there. (bleep) the rest of this trash team.

I hope he leads the league in scoring. As of now, the only real competition for him will be KD when he comes back IMO. And if he goes 27/5/5, I'll be very happy.

This team is the worst roster we have had in 35 years, Kobe is the only thing making it enjoyable to watch, so fire away Bruh!
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Good, top five pick here we come

LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I hope he leads the league in scoring. As of now, the only real competition for him will be KD when he comes back IMO. And if he goes 27/5/5, I'll be very happy.

This team is the worst roster we have had in 35 years, Kobe is the only thing making it enjoyable to watch, so fire away Bruh!

So you like being whipped by 30+ points every night? You don't care as long as Kobe keeps firing away scoring 44 points a night? Ok then..
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

So you like being whipped by 30+ points every night? You don't care as long as Kobe keeps firing away scoring 44 points a night? Ok then..

If we have to lose, I choose to lose with Kobe going down firing. Ever watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

If there was a way to win...I'd be all for it though. But tell me...is there really a way to win with this roster?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

the Buss family is still living in the past. we need Kobe to sell tickets, people only care about seeing Kobe, blah blah blah. i think the fact the siblings all grew up in the Hollywood glamor has some things to do with it. B Scott is your typical yes man, he's just happy he's back of being a NBA head coach.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

They only thing that matters this season is getting our pick back. So the usual song and dance about "Kobe doing too much" rings even more hollow this season. And who cares what anyone on this team thinks, most of them won't be here in a few years anyway. I was vehemently anti-tank last season, not this year. We have to lose, period.

!...
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

If we have to lose, I choose to lose with Kobe going down firing. Ever watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

If there was a way to win...I'd be all for it though. But tell me...is there really a way to win with this roster?

has Kobe and coaching staff even given this team (minus Kobe) a chance to succeed? we have a guy who does not play defense on the perimeter, while taking all the shots on the offensive end, and yet you're complaining about the roster? i'll bet my house that if you have LeBron on this team with the same roster, this is at least a .600 team.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

Just curious, was the last game interesting enough for you?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Just curious, was the last game interesting enough for you?

It was painful to watch, the fourth quarter was boring though, because Kobe didn't play.

Byron should have left him in. He would have 60+.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I find it hard to believe even the most ardent fanboy is sticking around to watch kobe put up meaningless points in losses. maybe if the games are closer...

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

I find it hard to believe even the most ardent fanboy is sticking around to watch kobe put up meaningless points in losses. maybe if the games are closer...

3 hours is a long time to throw away.

If I watch this season, it's to see Kobe launch shots.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

has Kobe and coaching staff even given this team (minus Kobe) a chance to succeed? we have a guy who does not play defense on the perimeter, while taking all the shots on the offensive end, and yet you're complaining about the roster? i'll bet my house that if you have LeBron on this team with the same roster, this is at least a .600 team.

.600 with THIS TEAM?!

In my Eddie Murphy (from RAW at the Rocky Movie voice) "i enjoy Lebron James too, but he is just a great player".

If what you said were true MJ might as well hand over the GOAT title to James. Put whomever you want Prime Kareem, Jordan Lebron or Kobe no way this team wins .600 games.

They lost: Randle, Swaggy P and Nash before the first 48 mins were played. Now we lost Ryan Kelly. A roster that was kinda deep but short on elite talent ... still lacks elite talent and now has no depth. James does not fix that by himself ... stop with the hyperbole. He is great but no one is THAT great.

And this was the clean version my initial reply would of been more at home on Spurstalk than LG ...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:

I am not sure what hate you are speaking of.
CelticBuster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

3 hours is a long time to throw away.

If I watch this season, it's to see Kobe launch shots.

Sf Unselfish, defensive stopper
Randle
Okafor

6th man Gerald Green
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: