Child-Abuse investigation case against Dwight Howard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

(bleep) this (bleep). Send his ass to jail.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

Suprised no media is calling NBA out on this, NHL still has Voynoz suspended even though looks like no charges are gonna be filed

in the NBA be built like a greek god beat the crap out of your 6 yr old with a belt buckle and we will let it play out in court, but be secretly taped and baited by your angry mistress and say some unpopular yet totally legal beliefs and we will make you sell your personal and private assett lol

makes tons of sense screw the welfare of a child over the public perception of the beliefs of a delusion and desperate man lol
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

Getting slapped is worse in some ways I find....its so humiliating the shame is worse than the pain....I think my moms plastic spatula wacks on the hand were OK lol she always got more upset than me and I knew I had def done something wrong....I just think its a slippery slope, like can you always say you'll be in control or won't go too far...hmm
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

With all the kids he has, plus all the pissed of baby mommas, he better keep some attorneys on retainer.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

paul george must be happy everyone's forgot about him knocking up that stripper and trying to force her to abort
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject:

Some kids don't need spanking. Some kids do. But never to the point where there is bruising or bleeding involved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject:

I agree - there are many who need to learn respect and behavior. Parents need to be allowed to be parents. And teachers need to be allowed to be teachers.
But I'm fairly certain that corporal punishment is not the right method to do that. It may be the laziest, at least as long as you kids are small and didn't have karate training yet...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

HyperX wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
LOL...using a belt on your kid is not child abuse. It's much needed..especially with the current generation of delinquent youth.

I am no Dwight fan (as the record will attest)...but is bothers me when other people decide to chime in and tell parents how to discipline their kids.

That's up to the parent. And yes, sometimes corporal punishment is needed.

My wife and I just shake our heads at how kids that my daughter goes to school with open disrespect their parents.

1. One girl told her mom to shut up in front of other parents.

2. Another one decided to call his mom a "(bleep)", and threw a tantrum.

3. Yet another, told her parents "she hated them and to (bleep) off".

These are middle schoolers and no their parents don't spank them.

I'm sorry, I disagree with this. There are a ton of ways to discipline your kids without using a belt buckle until the child is bruised and battered. Even spanking with the open hand is better than using a metal device.

I know a lot of respectful and well mannered children and none of them have been hit by a belt buckle.

Sure, you need to keep them in line, but using the belt buckle is not the solution.

I have two of them. But as was mentioned before, my wife and I have always been with them to teach them right and wrong. Neither of us were around just every now and then. There are more effective ways of discipline that don't rely on fear, and as we are seeing with Howard and AP, if your kids are disciplined on fear you can expect them to discipline their kids on fear.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Kobe should also be arrested for child abuse.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I've scoured the internet for a High Res version of that clip. Anyone?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if the kid asked his mother who that man was that whipped him.

JB, Dawson looks like he just got a lash from the buckle end of a belt.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I usually don't like to comment on non-basketball issues such as these - but what I can say is just because your parents do it doesn't mean you are right to do it as well.

Education is needed here for Dwight and parents who do this. Then if pattern repeats - jail.

I disagree.

If Howard used the buckle-end of the belt, then he deserves jail. No community service crap, straight to (bleep) jail. Have you ever seen what a belt buckle can do to a child when he or she is whipped? The buckle digs into the flesh with each strike while the prong causes puncture wounds.

I have two kids so I would rather not know what that looks like - but yeah I had a buddy growing up who got the "belt" a few times and it's awful.

The only reason I said that is to me the age old defense on this stuff is "Well my parents did it to me". In which case you tell them, sorry that just won't work. I actually wouldn't have an issue with Dwight going to jail over it. At the same time over here there are so many races (Ca is quite multicultured) that I have seen so many instances in my life going to the park or on a train and seeing a parent slap or abuse their child. It's almost cultural thing. And what happens over here is that the parent is given a clear warning that what works in their country won't fly in Canada. And if it repeats - jail. That's sort of what type of law we abide by here considering if we jailed every parent for first reported abuse - I'd venture to guess a large portion of the parents from Asia/Middle Eastern background would be in prison. The "grey" area for me would be judging those people with those backgrounds the same way as if they grew up the way I did. It's literally normal to get slapped and beaten from time to time in some these cultures. For me growing up that wouldn't have been normal or ok at all. For these kids? Yes. I talk to co-workers who brag about how they are better people because they got beaten up by their parents. What do you think happens when these same people have kids?

Then again strict application of the law could greatly help. If word gets around that parents who abuse a child are straight in jail they would probably be a lot less of it happening. I don't know AP. I'm just glad I'm not making the calls on these domestic issues. For the life of me what would make one want to strike their kid with a belt, I have no clue. Choking Bart, Homer Simpson style now, I've had those temptations sometimes
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I usually don't like to comment on non-basketball issues such as these - but what I can say is just because your parents do it doesn't mean you are right to do it as well.

Education is needed here for Dwight and parents who do this. Then if pattern repeats - jail.

I disagree.

If Howard used the buckle-end of the belt, then he deserves jail. No community service crap, straight to (bleep) jail. Have you ever seen what a belt buckle can do to a child when he or she is whipped? The buckle digs into the flesh with each strike while the prong causes puncture wounds.

I have two kids so I would rather not know what that looks like - but yeah I had a buddy growing up who got the "belt" a few times and it's awful.

The only reason I said that is to me the age old defense on this stuff is "Well my parents did it to me". In which case you tell them, sorry that just won't work. I actually wouldn't have an issue with Dwight going to jail over it. At the same time over here there are so many races (Ca is quite multicultured) that I have seen so many instances in my life going to the park or on a train and seeing a parent slap or abuse their child. It's almost cultural thing. And what happens over here is that the parent is given a clear warning that what works in their country won't fly in Canada. And if it repeats - jail. That's sort of what type of law we abide by here considering if we jailed every parent for first reported abuse - I'd venture to guess a large portion of the parents from Asia/Middle Eastern background would be in prison. The "grey" area for me would be judging those people with those backgrounds the same way as if they grew up the way I did. It's literally normal to get slapped and beaten from time to time in some these cultures. For me growing up that wouldn't have been normal or ok at all. For these kids? Yes. I talk to co-workers who brag about how they are better people because they got beaten up by their parents. What do you think happens when these same people have kids?

Then again strict application of the law could greatly help. If word gets around that parents who abuse a child are straight in jail they would probably be a lot less of it happening. I don't know AP. I'm just glad I'm not making the calls on these domestic issues. For the life of me what would make one want to strike their kid with a belt, I have no clue. Choking Bart, Homer Simpson style now, I've had those temptations sometimes

What was the kid doing?
Could he be planning a school shooting, like in columbine?

The guys who should be arrested are the ones that don't pay their children support duties, even after going to court.

And kudos to guys like Nick Van Exel whose son is in jail for murder, given the magnificent education he have him.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
LOL...using a belt on your kid is not child abuse. It's much needed..especially with the current generation of delinquent youth.

I am no Dwight fan (as the record will attest)...but is bothers me when other people decide to chime in and tell parents how to discipline their kids.

That's up to the parent. And yes, sometimes corporal punishment is needed.

My wife and I just shake our heads at how kids that my daughter goes to school with open disrespect their parents.

1. One girl told her mom to shut up in front of other parents.

2. Another one decided to call his mom a "(bleep)", and threw a tantrum.

3. Yet another, told her parents "she hated them and to (bleep) off".

These are middle schoolers and no their parents don't spank them.

What you describe is bad parenting. True. But if these parents used spanking, they'd be even worse.

A good parent manages without spanking. There are other ways to make the child understand what he/she did wrong.

A bad parent may have no idea how to treat the child. And then reverses to spanking. But that does not make the parenting suddenly better. It (almost) never does. A bad parent is still a bad parent and in the next day will make all the same mistakes again.

There is just no excuse to spanking. Shows only lack of communication skills.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

And you see where that kind of discipline lead - no respect for the elder (up to the point of elbowing someone smaller than him), a total fear of respnsibility, and now abusing his own children.

Kobe, why did you mistreated that baby

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Gleedaniel13
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject:

He cannot really control his emotions with this one. Poor Dwight, but rich in money.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

We're in a state of cultural flux and well meaning people are caught in the middle. Intent means a lot and the outrage at D12 and AP is just an example of people trying jumping on a bandwagon in order to make themselves feel better.

Corporal punishment was thought for many, many years to be the way to show your child the love of not allowing them to go out and be killed by acting up in public.

Now we know more than we did and we have fairly good evidence that the same ends can be had without striking your child. WPL was right. D12 doesn't need jail, he needs education first.

And on the same note. Massa Goodall sho got a thing up his but when AP wasn't sorry enough to Massa about spanking his children. Talk about white paternalism. (bleep) joke.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

Funny you would use race in a situation where AP was doing exactly what 'massa' would do to his 'property'.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

And you see where that kind of discipline lead - no respect for the elder (up to the point of elbowing someone smaller than him), a total fear of respnsibility, and now abusing his own children.

Kobe, why did you mistreated that baby

LOL!

!...
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Funny you would use race in a situation where AP was doing exactly what 'massa' would do to his 'property'.

No, it's not funny. It's historically ironic in that for many old black folks, the reason they whipped their children was because they knew that if their children went out in public and for example, said "Hey Baby," to a white woman, that might lead to being Emmett Till.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

No, it's not funny. It's historically ironic in that for many old black folks, the reason they whipped their children was because they knew that if their children went out in public and for example, said "Hey Baby," to a white woman, that might lead to being Emmett Till.

It is both a moral and a parental failing to resort to such brutal violence against a defenseless child.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

I think it's important to distinguish between ignorance and malice when punishing people like Howard and Peterson. I am vehemently against violence against children that's justified under the specious pretense of "loving them" or "teaching them". I do not believe, however, that guys like Peterson or Howard do this with malice. Peterson, for example, told the police exactly what he did. He didn't attempt to cover it up, because he didn't think it was wrong.

It is my opinion that this mentality is definitely more pervasive in minority households, both in my experience growing up in a Puerto Rican household, and in coaching Mexican-American, Central-American, and African-American kids in South Central LA. Whopping your kids actually has positive connotation, at least in my experience. It's your attempt to teach them right from wrong, although I disagree that it's a survival mechanism these days, as KBCB asserts.

It's a WOEFULLY flawed mentality that needs to change, but I think that education is a more effective and appropriate solution than punishment.
Kobeling
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Little boys brains in big bodies, much like any person who holds some power over other people, often go on power trips.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I think it's important to distinguish between ignorance and malice when punishing people like Howard and Peterson. I am vehemently against violence against children that's justified under the specious pretense of "loving them" or "teaching them". I do not believe, however, that guys like Peterson or Howard do this with malice. Peterson, for example, told the police exactly what he did. He didn't attempt to cover it up, because he didn't think it was wrong.

It is my opinion that this mentality is definitely more pervasive in minority households, both in my experience growing up in a Puerto Rican household, and in coaching Mexican-American, Central-American, and African-American kids in South Central LA. Whopping your kids actually has positive connotation, at least in my experience. It's your attempt to teach them right from wrong, although I disagree that it's a survival mechanism these days, as KBCB asserts.

It's a WOEFULLY flawed mentality that needs to change, but I think that education is a more effective and appropriate solution than punishment.

It would help if their fathers were actually around and slept in the same house. Howard and Peterson both have multiple kids around the country, with multiple women. They most likely see them a handful of times, if ever.

We live in a time when 72% of blacks come from a single parent household. 72%! Of course kids are going to act out when there isn't anyone to show them what's right or wrong. And of course their mothers, or grand mothers or whoever is in their lives are going to take more drastic measures to keep them in line. So, how about these guys just keep their pants zipped up or actually stick around after they bring a kid into this work?
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

So he beats 6 year old boys and sleeps with 16 year old girls? Thank God this clown isnt around attaching his BS to the Lakers brand.

I'm all for disciplining your kids but a belt buckle? C'mon man have some decency.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: