Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

sandeezy wrote:
did we ever even win two games on a b2b once last year ? I forget

I dont think so. It seems like they usually did real well in one and awful in the other.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

looking at the schedule some of the next group of games coming up we may have a chance to either steal or win.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

K2 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If we win at Dallas.. What does it mean?

There's glitch in the Matrix.

I'm quoting this. Wish I could Retweet it! LOL
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Not a good game by Lin. He played decent defense, especially in the 2nd half. But he didn't do anything on the offensive end.

Sure, coach wants the team to focus on defense. But to give Kobe and Swaggy more space he needs to hit a few shots.

Also, don't be afraid of missing. Look at Kobe. He missed a ton of shots, by they had to defend him because they know it can change in a second.

He should have tried a few pull-ups following a pick. There did not seem to be many chances for him to drive otherwise.

No room for a drive. Spacing was horrible. But yeah he should still attempt some jumpers.

Exactly what he should have done. He shot one that barely hit the front of the rim. Then he stopped.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
saw a tweet from ellington giving congrats on the win and RIPng his pops. Good to see he's back to thinking about hoops.

Dang... I think Swaggys return made me forget about Ellington.

Hope he was able to find his peace.
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Not a good game by Lin. He played decent defense, especially in the 2nd half. But he didn't do anything on the offensive end.

Sure, coach wants the team to focus on defense. But to give Kobe and Swaggy more space he needs to hit a few shots.

Also, don't be afraid of missing. Look at Kobe. He missed a ton of shots, by they had to defend him because they know it can change in a second.

He should have tried a few pull-ups following a pick. There did not seem to be many chances for him to drive otherwise.

No room for a drive. Spacing was horrible. But yeah he should still attempt some jumpers.

Exactly what he should have done. He shot one that barely hit the front of the rim. Then he stopped.

I was disappointed at Lin when I was watching the game as he seems to be not involved in the offense. just give it to Kobe and look.

He is having a bad stat too. But then I see that Parker is 2 for 7 with 3 assist 2 TO tonight

Jameer Nelson is 2 for 12 with 4 assist and 4 TO.

So I am thinking. Even star player would have bad game. Lin is not even at star level yet. He was always having problem back to back game. Plus the Rocket clearly know his weakness and have a plan on how to stop Lin.

Some player keep shooting to try to get a better stat line in that situation. Lin do not do that on wasting shot for himself to hurt the team. and he always try hard to play D.

Especially after a win, probably do not need to be too harsh on Lin.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Kobe and Nick missed a couple at the end. He should learn from Kobe and Nick. Shoot if it is a good or even semi good shot. Hopefully Lin will pick up the spirit from Nick and Kobe. Having said that, he did play decent D tonight
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:

I wish we beaten them with Dwight Coward and TJones but anywho good win.

There offensive punch is probably better without Dwight anyways. That team can flat out shoot.

Love how our guys came together defensive tonight.
An I'm gonna eat my plate of crow right now, WESSSSSSLEY!!!!!!!!!

Kobe, Swaggy, Wes, Ed and JHill lineup is BEASTY!

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

He knew his legs were not there and wouldn't force it. Good effort on D still.
swoosh-it
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Win against Rockets deserves dancing bananas!!!

Ugly and bruised game, but a WIN!
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject:

Daryl Morey put an appreciation video to honor Lin during one of the first quarter time out, since then Lin did not score a point...
good move, Daryl...Lin's emotion took over, he went soft on Rockets
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Daryl Morey put an appreciation video to honor Lin during one of the first quarter time out, since then Lin did not score a point...

It was a calculated maneuver
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

It was a calculated maneuver

nawh, it was a good gesture... Lin probably rode a lot emotion with this game
rockets killer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject:

Dwight the child abuser coward teddy bear
Terence stomp homeless jones

Bullies who prey on the weak and run for cover from kobe's death stare

Last edited by rockets killer on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
rockets killer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject:

It starts with the d ! No easy layups
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject:

Rough few days for rockets fans. Blown out by Grizzlies by 30 points, Howard child abuse allegations, then runs from the media with fake injury. Terry mouths off and can't back it up on the court. Harden chokes and literally gives the game away.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject:

WE FREAKING WON ON A BACK 2 BACK!!

HAHAHH SCREW THE ROCKETS!!!
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
WE FREAKING WON ON A BACK 2 BACK!!

HAHAHH SCREW THE ROCKETS!!!

Didn't think it would happen so early this season, but you know we're gonna surprise a few teams. Kobe's influence is beginning to show with this roster. We're everybody's trap game yo!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Rough few days for rockets fans. Blown out by Grizzlies by 30 points, Howard child abuse allegations, then runs from the media with fake injury. Terry mouths off and can't back it up on the court. Harden chokes and literally gives the game away.

plus the farther they sink the higher the value of the 1st round pick that we got from them in the Lin trade.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I was disappointed at Lin when I was watching the game as he seems to be not involved in the offense. just give it to Kobe and look.

He is having a bad stat too. But then I see that Parker is 2 for 7 with 3 assist 2 TO tonight

Jameer Nelson is 2 for 12 with 4 assist and 4 TO.

So I am thinking. Even star player would have bad game. Lin is not even at star level yet. He was always having problem back to back game. Plus the Rocket clearly know his weakness and have a plan on how to stop Lin.

Some player keep shooting to try to get a better stat line in that situation. Lin do not do that on wasting shot for himself to hurt the team. and he always try hard to play D.

Especially after a win, probably do not need to be too harsh on Lin.

Lin definitely had a bad game. While I'll take Kobe and his ISO's over Harden anyday there are still too many times I see Lin wide open for a corner 3 with Kobe drawing a double team but not passing. Those times last night Kobe made brilliant fallaway contested shots. But they were 2's. I'd rather a Lin uncontested 3 over a Kobe contested 2.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

Anyone wanna make a argument that the out-come would have been different if Howard/Jones played? I don't think so.... Howard and Jones are both liabilities offensively and usually get there points off of put-backs and alley-loops and hardly do much in the low-post.....
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
freethrow wrote:

plus the farther they sink the higher the value of the 1st round pick that we got from them in the Lin trade.

Exactly...the pick is protected if it lands between 1-14, but i doubt the rockets turn out to be that bad.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Anyone wanna make a argument that the out-come would have been different if Howard/Jones played? I don't think so.... Howard and Jones are both liabilities offensively and usually get there points off of put-backs and alley-loops and hardly do much in the low-post.....

Oh, c'mon. You really want to argue that Dwight and Jones wouldn't be a difference over Black and Motiejunas in a game that came down to the last few possessions?

As awkward as it is, Dwight does have a post game and he would have killed Hill. They pretty much had to rely on their perimeter players to put up all the points. They needed offense from Beverley of all people. McHale had to go small most of the 2nd half hoping to outrun us and just get something at the rim or get hot from the 3.

No way we outrebound them 47-38 if Dwight and Jones are healthy. We played pretty sloppy and inefficiently and we're lucky we got a win last night.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Come on, we've seen the impact that dwight has - little to none.

Actually, I think Black had a pretty good game on D taking Dwight's place. Excellent for an undrafted rookie.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

brunel wrote:
Oh, c'mon. You really want to argue that Dwight and Jones wouldn't be a difference over Black and Motiejunas in a game that came down to the last few possessions?

As awkward as it is, Dwight does have a post game and he would have killed Hill. They pretty much had to rely on their perimeter players to put up all the points. They needed offense from Beverley of all people. McHale had to go small most of the 2nd half hoping to outrun us and just get something at the rim or get hot from the 3.

No way we outrebound them 47-38 if Dwight and Jones are healthy. We played pretty sloppy and inefficiently and we're lucky we got a win last night.

Like mentioned... no one knows how Howard/Jones would have done in yesterdays game... just because there good players doesn't mean they would have made a difference...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71
Jump to: