Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
brunel wrote:
Oh, c'mon. You really want to argue that Dwight and Jones wouldn't be a difference over Black and Motiejunas in a game that came down to the last few possessions?

As awkward as it is, Dwight does have a post game and he would have killed Hill. They pretty much had to rely on their perimeter players to put up all the points. They needed offense from Beverley of all people. McHale had to go small most of the 2nd half hoping to outrun us and just get something at the rim or get hot from the 3.

No way we outrebound them 47-38 if Dwight and Jones are healthy. We played pretty sloppy and inefficiently and we're lucky we got a win last night.

Like mentioned... no one knows how Howard/Jones would have done in yesterdays game... just because there good players doesn't mean they would have made a difference...

Huh? So basically, I give you some reasons how talented players vs. DLeague hacks can alter the course of a game, and you say, nah, I'm not listening, I'll just believe what I want to believe because no one know anything. ummm, ok.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
brunel wrote:
Oh, c'mon. You really want to argue that Dwight and Jones wouldn't be a difference over Black and Motiejunas in a game that came down to the last few possessions?

As awkward as it is, Dwight does have a post game and he would have killed Hill. They pretty much had to rely on their perimeter players to put up all the points. They needed offense from Beverley of all people. McHale had to go small most of the 2nd half hoping to outrun us and just get something at the rim or get hot from the 3.

No way we outrebound them 47-38 if Dwight and Jones are healthy. We played pretty sloppy and inefficiently and we're lucky we got a win last night.

Like mentioned... no one knows how Howard/Jones would have done in yesterdays game... just because there good players doesn't mean they would have made a difference...

T Jones definitely has many off games. I don't think he would have made a difference. DH it depends. Houston often tries brute force to push the ball to Howard, sometimes with great success. Had they been doing that they wouldn't have made all those 3's in the 1st half. I suppose we will find out in January. What if we had Randle? What if Lin had a better game--he was had open looks for 3's that were passed up. Too many ifs. Lakers made mistakes and still found a way to win. Not all their players played well and they still won. That is the mark of a good team.
Nick Young may not be the greatest but he definitely offers another scoring option that is opening up the floor.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Not a good game by Lin. He played decent defense, especially in the 2nd half. But he didn't do anything on the offensive end.

Sure, coach wants the team to focus on defense. But to give Kobe and Swaggy more space he needs to hit a few shots.

Also, don't be afraid of missing. Look at Kobe. He missed a ton of shots, by they had to defend him because they know it can change in a second.

He should have tried a few pull-ups following a pick. There did not seem to be many chances for him to drive otherwise.

No room for a drive. Spacing was horrible. But yeah he should still attempt some jumpers.

Exactly what he should have done. He shot one that barely hit the front of the rim. Then he stopped.

I was disappointed at Lin when I was watching the game as he seems to be not involved in the offense. just give it to Kobe and look.

He is having a bad stat too. But then I see that Parker is 2 for 7 with 3 assist 2 TO tonight

Jameer Nelson is 2 for 12 with 4 assist and 4 TO.

So I am thinking. Even star player would have bad game. Lin is not even at star level yet. He was always having problem back to back game. Plus the Rocket clearly know his weakness and have a plan on how to stop Lin.

Some player keep shooting to try to get a better stat line in that situation. Lin do not do that on wasting shot for himself to hurt the team. and he always try hard to play D.

Especially after a win, probably do not need to be too harsh on Lin.

EVERYONE has bad games. The key is to bounce back and I think Lin does-will. He had some open looks from the 3 point line that Kobe passed up on and make contested 2's. I'd rather have 3 points but 2 is okay. I think as Kobe spots and trusts Nick Young and Lin more often the floor spacing will open and allow for more much needed.drives to the basket
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
T Jones definitely has many off games. I don't think he would have made a difference. DH it depends. Houston often tries brute force to push the ball to Howard, sometimes with great success. Had they been doing that they wouldn't have made all those 3's in the 1st half. I suppose we will find out in January. What if we had Randle? What if Lin had a better game--he was had open looks for 3's that were passed up. Too many ifs. Lakers made mistakes and still found a way to win. Not all their players played well and they still won. That is the mark of a good team.
Nick Young may not be the greatest but he definitely offers another scoring option that is opening up the floor.

That is what I was telling the other poster....... there are always what ifs in almost every NBA game..... you either win or lose..... the Lakers weren't even that Impressive and still won....
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Not a good game by Lin. He played decent defense, especially in the 2nd half. But he didn't do anything on the offensive end.

Sure, coach wants the team to focus on defense. But to give Kobe and Swaggy more space he needs to hit a few shots.

Also, don't be afraid of missing. Look at Kobe. He missed a ton of shots, by they had to defend him because they know it can change in a second.

He should have tried a few pull-ups following a pick. There did not seem to be many chances for him to drive otherwise.

No room for a drive. Spacing was horrible. But yeah he should still attempt some jumpers.

Exactly what he should have done. He shot one that barely hit the front of the rim. Then he stopped.

I was disappointed at Lin when I was watching the game as he seems to be not involved in the offense. just give it to Kobe and look.

He is having a bad stat too. But then I see that Parker is 2 for 7 with 3 assist 2 TO tonight

So I am thinking. Even star player would have bad game. Lin is not even at star level yet. He was always having problem back to back game. Plus the Rocket clearly know his weakness and have a plan on how to stop Lin.

Some player keep shooting to try to get a better stat line in that situation. Lin do not do that on wasting shot for himself to hurt the team. and he always try hard to play D.

EVERYONE has bad games. The key is to bounce back and I think Lin does-will. He had some open looks from the 3 point line that Kobe passed up on and make contested 2's. I'd rather have 3 points but 2 is okay. I think as Kobe spots and trusts Nick Young and Lin more often the floor spacing will open and allow for more much needed.drives to the basket

Yeah, hope Lin has a strong game Friday. Lin thread got locked. Mods had to do it, it was getting stupid there. Mods are great here.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Yeah, hope Lin has a strong game Friday. Lin thread got locked. Mods had to do it, it was getting stupid there. Mods are great here.

As lon as Lin has more good games than bad I think the Lakers will improve their record. What I like about Lin is he improves all the time. His 3's went from 32 to 34 to 36 the last 3 years. They said he couldn't go left and now he's developed and off hand around the basket. They said he couldn't defend but actually he's gottnen pretty good. We'll see. The Lakers WILL need teamwork on D and less hero ball to beat Dallas but I have some hope.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
bws94 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
qiantom wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

As lon as Lin has more good games than bad I think the Lakers will improve their record. What I like about Lin is he improves all the time. His 3's went from 32 to 34 to 36 the last 3 years. They said he couldn't go left and now he's developed and off hand around the basket. They said he couldn't defend but actually he's gottnen pretty good. We'll see. The Lakers WILL need teamwork on D and less hero ball to beat Dallas but I have some hope.

if you select your shots that carefully, you improve your % too... I only care how he impacts winning... so far it has been disappointing since the bruise knee cap injury of last season... he has been up and down, disappearing in many games...that's not a sign for an improving player.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Not to toot my own horn, but I said this

Forum: LA Lakers Lounge Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:14 am Subject: ++++ Lakers at Rockets ++++ 11/19/14 6:30PT
Lakers by 5. Jason Terry get to eat vegetarian crow!
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:

if you select your shots that carefully, you improve your % too... I only care how he impacts winning... so far it has been disappointing since the bruise knee cap injury of last season... he has been up and down, disappearing in many games...that's not a sign for an improving player.

Hmm. So choosing your shots carefully is a bad thing. He should just chuck away or drive the lane when 2 bigs are there?
poiuyt
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: ESPN RPI

Check this out. After the win against Houston, ESPN has us at #14 in the league on their RPI rankings, and #1 in Strength of Schedule.

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
Page 71 of 71
Jump to: