Kobe is a medical miracle.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Kobe is a medical miracle.

Lets put this into perspective.

In most cases career ending achilles surgery
36 years old

How good would he be if he didn't have to deal with what is usually a career ending injury?

Its funny to me how many people just argue if hes shooting too much and whatnot like the injury never happened. Like he isn't 36 yeara old.
As far as I know, Nique was the only one able to bounce strong after the same injury.

Like most people have said when it happened, if anyone can do it and bounce back strong, its Kobe. And they were right.

ESPN...buncha idiots.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is a medical miracle.

LakersNewEra wrote:

36 years old

How good would he be if he didn't have to deal with what is usually a career ending injury?

Its funny to me how many people just argue if hes shooting too much and whatnot like the injury never happened. Like he isn't 36 yeara old.
As far as I know, Nique was the only one able to bounce strong after the same injury.

Like most people have said when it happened, if anyone can do it and bounce back strong, its Kobe. And they were right.

ESPN...buncha idiots.

ESPN is on the Lebron train....so of course they aren't going to write nice things about Kobe.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

#40thbestplayer
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is a medical miracle.

LakersNewEra wrote:

36 years old

ESPN...buncha idiots.

Yeah it's pretty much that
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

He is still a bit rusty (missed fts and layups) but he's slowing getting better. With Nick playing, the efficiency will improve too
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

The error was never in saying "the players who have torn their Achilles were never the same after they returned", it was when those people compared Kobe to other athletes to begin with.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is a medical miracle.

lakersken80 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

36 years old

ESPN...buncha idiots.

ESPN is on the Lebron train....so of course they aren't going to write nice things about Kobe.

Better start jumping to Davis train,
From what I can see, Lebrun has 1-2 years of peak left, and I can assure u he won't be nearly as good as Kobe at age 36
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is a medical miracle.

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

36 years old

ESPN...buncha idiots.

From what I can see, Lebrun has 1-2 years of peak left, and I can assure u he won't be nearly as good as Kobe at age 36

Lebron looks like he's slowing down now. He doesn't have the same explosion or lift I'm not sure if its the PEDS issue or not, he doesn't look as explosive.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Espn is low on journalistic integrity these days
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is a medical miracle.

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

36 years old

ESPN...buncha idiots.

Agreed. He's already started his decline.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject:

I remember an interview where Kobe said that the reason he worked so hard on his finesse game, was so that he would still remain effective even after his athleticism waned.

We're seeing this (bleep) now. This (bleep) is gonna play until he's 40. Unreal.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
#40thbestplayer

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
I remember an interview where Kobe said that the reason he worked so hard on his finesse game, was so that he would still remain effective even after his athleticism waned.

We're seeing this (bleep) now. This (bleep) is gonna play until he's 40. Unreal.

Damn right that is Kobe for you, always steps ahead of everything
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject:

If he keeps this up, he'll play till he's 50. Leading the league in scoring after two very serious injuries and 36 years old. Obvious All-Star, likely 1st Team All-NBA, at worst 2nd.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject:

No miracle, just unbelievable work ethic. People may argue over who's the GOAT. But Kobe is the indisputable hardest worker in the history of sports.

I have witnessed top MBA professors and business psychology gurus use Kobe as a model for his insane work ethic and his ability to visualize success. They would describe how mentally picturing specific success is actually just as critical as practicing jumpers.

Enjoy him. He's the only (not just the last) Mohican.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject:

Kobe looked amazing last night. I hope he keeps it up.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject:

He is my god
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

He is a freak. It's crazy what he still can do on the court...99% of the players of his age would just surrender and call it a career if they happen to tear an achilles tendon after 17 nba seasons. What a legend
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe is a medical miracle.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

36 years old

ESPN...buncha idiots.

Agreed. He's already started his decline.

No doubt. Lebron at 33 or 34 will only be a memory of the player he once was, he will still be a heck of a player, but will not fill stat sheets as he is was in the last few years.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't say medical miracle because it implies there's some genetic luck he has had and discounts any work he may have put himself into rehabilitation/maintaining health.

As a skills trainer, I've studied Kobe more than any other player in the league. I've also studied his dieting and work he put with Tim Grover and have read countless of texts on Kobe's dedication and work ethic. I'd rephrase the 'miracle' title to the most dedicated NBA player. His work ethic is insane, and I mean that literally. Everything he did to come back from the injury with the mileage he has is beyond what other athletes who experienced the same injury did.

That being said, he has a great threshold for pain and was blessed with talent, but he's no medical miracle. He just gives it his all - a true professional. In my opinion, that's more impressive.

Last edited by Laker Intervention on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

I don't know if he's a medical miracle. He's just a guy who works harder than anyone else, and has been flexible enough to adapt his game. He's looked much better than I expected this season, but I think that's more of a testament to his intelligence and work ethic than anything else.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject:

Hate to sound ungrateful, but I expected this.

Sure Kobe was hurt last season but prior to that he was proving the doubters wrong. Going into kobe's 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th , and 17th seasons the media always kept sayng "when is he gonna slow down", "he's past his prime", and "he has a tone of mileage".

He's had doubters for so long. Throughout his career people have underestimated him constantly, by comparing him to what's "normal". Kobe isn't the rule, he's the exception.

Hope Kobe stays healthy for years to come.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

BLACK MAMBA RULE #1:

Never underestimate or doubt the heart of a true champion!
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

Kobe miracles to much.
Spirit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
#40thbestplayer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: