Kobe is a medical miracle.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

Kobe has done ALOT of inhumanly, impossible things on the court. He's definitely a freak a nature athletically but it's really his basketball IQ what separates him from the rest.

Plus he's a beast when it comes to his therapy. The guy is a mad scientist when it comes to taking care of his diet and pushing his workouts and recovery to an evolutionary level.

-Germany Procedure

-First NBA player to reach out to Hakeem to workout publicly

-First NBA player to wear the track tights (compression pants) under his game shorts during the game. Everyone else followed him an did the same. (Lebron, DWade, Melo)

-First player to wear the compression shirt with the padded shoulder ( when he had a sprained shoulder) when most players would just sit out Kobe and Vitti found this loophole which they stole from football.

The guy just does whatever it takes so his continued success is no surprise. Modern science and attention to detail.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject:

My favorite and who I consider to be the best ever Kobe Bean Bryant
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Laker Intervention wrote:
I wouldn't say medical miracle because it implies there's some genetic luck he has had and discounts any work he may have put himself into rehabilitation/maintaining health.

As a skills trainer, I've studied Kobe more than any other player in the league. I've also studied his dieting and work he put with Tim Grover and have read countless of texts on Kobe's dedication and work ethic. I'd rephrase the 'miracle' title to the most dedicated NBA player. His work ethic is insane, and I mean that literally. Everything he did to come back from the injury with the mileage he has is beyond what other athletes who experienced the same injury did.

That being said, he has a great threshold for pain and was blessed with talent, but he's no medical miracle. He just gives it his all - a true professional. In my opinion, that's more impressive.

This is why i didnt really have an issue when the FO offered him his current contract. Even if he's not the same or not considered the best player in the current league, his work ethic and his professional approach to the game is what you want in your team and hope the other players get influenced by it. Especially when the team is acquiring young talent, you want his dedication to set the tone for these young players hoping to make it in the NBA as a Laker.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Medicine has come a long way. And it certainly improves a guy's chances when he has taken care of his body. Dominique Wilkins wasn't so bad, either. He was quite a specimen too.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Right now back to normal 8/23...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject:

His field goal percentage is atrocious.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Potato-Mania
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
His field goal percentage is atrocious.

I can care less about fg% as long as shot selection is good. Tonight, it has been pretty bad.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Lets see LeBronze tear his achilles and miss an entire year then come back and avg 28 a night. LOL
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
Lets see LeBronze tear his achilles and miss an entire year then come back and avg 28 a night. LOL

Don't worry i'm sure LebronSPN will cover for him quite a bit.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is a medical miracle.

PROPHET wrote:

Lebron looks like he's slowing down now. He doesn't have the same explosion or lift I'm not sure if its the PEDS issue or not, he doesn't look as explosive.

I really do think Lebron is being more careful with his PED use now, which accounts for his pointless weight-loss this summer and his relative lack of explosion this season compared with recent years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: