++++ Lakers at Dallas ++++ 11/21/14 5:30PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I can't see the postgame interviews. Did Byron blame it on "effort" again?

Yes, he said two many mental errors, guys relaxed, did not want to give effort at the end of a long road trip
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

He said we had mental errors even before the end of 1st quarter. He also mentioned that we did not execute what they talked about in the 1.5 day before the game

ETA
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan · 1m1 minute ago
Byron Scott not happy with Laker defense. "I saw a lot of dumb plays...Stupid decisions."

Thanks cheesy.

Byron, I didn't see you benching anyone for said dumb plays.
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

He said we had mental errors even before the end of 1st quarter. He also mentioned that we did not execute what they talked about in the 1.5 day before the game

Again, not even a hint of his own taking responsibility for abysmal apparant offensive and defensive schemes, not a thing ever hinted about maybe there needs to be more passing-ball-movement when your star player has another disaster chuck fest and openly ignores the hot hand when shooting so poorly himself...
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Byron also said guys did not run what we supposed to run, but he did not detailed on anything... He said the mav is a championship caliber team, he does not feel so bad about the loss. He never said he was out coached, which is probably the biggest mismatch.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
xenojoey wrote:
Bryon is the top defensive coach in the league

Byron is the top defensive coach in his mind

Byron defends The Tank better than any other coach in the league..yes.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

ETA
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan · 1m1 minute ago
Byron Scott not happy with Laker defense. "I saw a lot of dumb plays...Stupid decisions."

Thanks cheesy.

Byron, I didn't see you benching anyone for said dumb plays.

take out a scrub; insert another scrub; = same results
WOX_69
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Well, well, well, so much for you vaunted "Swag Effect". I can't believe some of you wanted that inefficient chucker Nick Young back. Terrible defense all around, and if he gets undeserved credit for those two wins then I'm going to pin this huge blowout loss on him. I hate Nick Young. "Swaggy P" needs to go.

I can't believe some of you wanted him back. And we have three more years of this, folks. Trade him ASAP.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject:

WOX_69 wrote:
Well, well, well, so much for you vaunted "Swag Effect". I can't believe some of you wanted that inefficient chucker Nick Young back. Terrible defense all around, and if he gets undeserved credit for those two wins then I'm going to pin this huge blowout loss on him. I hate Nick Young. "Swaggy P" needs to go.

I can't believe some of you wanted him back. And we have three more years of this, folks. Trade him ASAP.

You first

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3A6p1WCYAAWFAu.jpg

Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject:

angus wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Again, not even a hint of his own taking responsibility for abysmal apparant offensive and defensive schemes, not a thing ever hinted about maybe there needs to be more passing-ball-movement when your star player has another disaster chuck fest and openly ignores the hot hand when shooting so poorly himself...

That is what I think Scott sucks. Never seems to take responsibility. Always blame the player. If player is making dumb mistake, and if he is so smart. He need to help the player.

Rick is a good coach. he shown that when DAL beat MIA for the championship. When he see something is working he enforce it.

Scott's plan? Just give it to Kobe. Even if players are doing it themselves. As a coach, why don't you stop them. Unless you are also thinking it is a good way to win the game doing that.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Too many Kobe brinks......
Type Raba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Laker Intervention wrote:
Type Raba wrote:
Okay, so a lot of this is just incomplete. 1) You hedge based on the opponent, not all PGs are the same - but you still don't hedge so hard. It's about angles and being able to retrieve to your big. We simply hedge the same way regardless of the opponent. This isn't flexible or adaptable, to the opponent.

2) You JUST MADE MY ARGUMENT. Because Boozer isn't quick or long enough for a good hedge - it's the very reason why you shouldn't hedge aggressively with him. In these scenarios - the big simply doesn't trail the pg along with the opponent big. He takes a 45 degree angle to the side so you're already taking away that first dribble's trajectory lane. Then you just retrieve without your PG ever getting beat. We let the opponent actually go around the screen.

3) How can you quote my whole thing and say you disagree but only bring out one thing about Boozer? Because you did not refute anything I said about Byron holding Kobe accountable or Kobe's bad man/help defense. I'm assuming then you were just referring to the way we guard the pick n roll.

So yeah, I agree with you on Boozer - but then that makes my point - because you don't put a player into something his weak at. There are many ways to hedge on a screen. The Clippers do it in a very different way than the Grizzlies. IT's about adapting to personnel - that's coaching.

The other team's coach we played tonight is one of the best to adapt.

1.) we hedge the same way because of the philosophy or because of the players inability? i say lets try starting davis and see which is the problem. look back at this game and almost all the pnr was with boozers man. tyson chandler is a great screener, but they gameplanned to abuse booz by pnr with dirk.

2.) so bench boozer! its not like his offense puts us over the top to keep him a starter. its not like he's a life long laker you "respect" by keeping him a starter. its not like he's signed long term so maybe the team can grow together. etc. etc. etc. boozer is problem #1, 2 and 3!!!

3.) i agree with what you said about kobe. but he is who he is. imo no point in talking about something that wont change. boozer's spot can be given to davis our best defender...

Don't get me wrong. I agree Davis needs more run than Boozer. But it's still not the most efficient way to hedge. I forgot to mention that Thibbs doesn't teach his players to hedge by allowing the first dribble. You get in that angle and not allow it at all. THAT'S HEDGING. What Boozer is even attempting to do isn't it.

So if Davis is in, he'd do a better job but he still has to hedge the correct way. It's not just about the slow feet, leaping ability, and wingspan - it's simply defensive fundamentals. But yeah, I'd be mistaken to argue with you that Davis shouldn't be in. That being said, our bigs have to hedge the correct way. When Sacre is in he also gets beat a lot cos the wrong angle - giving the PG the first dribble.

While I agree in some regards to Kobe. It's not too late for him to put more attention to detail. Yes he's old, but as I said you're also sending a wrong message to the locker room. You hold people accountable regardless if you think he'll change, it's what you do to set an example for the team. The favoritism isn't going to translate well.

i dont disagree with you. the problem is the personnel. boozer specifically. for all we know BS can have the perfect strategy but when you ask booz to pull it off, all you get is

if davis starts and still cant stop the pnr with his movement and length, then perhaps BS should think of something else. but right now, i will give scott the benefit of the doubt and blame old man booz.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I just got back from the game saw this massacre up close and personal and I agree with B Scott it was about effort, I saw some of the worst closeouts on the 3point line as Ive ever seen in my basketball playing coaching and watching life.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

WOX_69 wrote:

bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

It looked competitive in the first half although defense sucked on both teams. The 3rd quarter was a complete meltdown. Why? 4th quarter was garbage time from end to end.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 5 minHá 5 minutos
The Lakers have 16 20-point losses over the last 2 seasons. They had 15 such losses in their previous 7 seasons.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
I just got back from the game saw this massacre up close and personal and I agree with B Scott it was about effort, I saw some of the worst closeouts on the 3point line as Ive ever seen in my basketball playing coaching and watching life.

I didn't see the game only boxscore summary. Thanks for your input so how disappointing is it that the focus since day one D hasn't progressed and may have gotten worse? No tweaks or changes? Just sad.
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Even though this game was not really decided by the ref. But I wonder if people agree that Lin really got ripped by the ref this season.

I see so many no call when Lin got foul. Some very obvious ones are the one at the end of LAC game when D Jordan got all body. The Rocket offensive foul when Lin receive a pass in mid air and then hit somebody when landing. The offensive foul on a jump shot tonight and ref said he kicked.

How many times do you see Crawford kick and got the and 1? I said 99% of the time if somebody else doing the kick and Lin was near then it will be a foul on Lin. Compare to Crawford or Harden who you can't breath air to them otherwise you will be called for a foul. NBA ref are crazy and they operate by what they guess instead of what they see.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Type Raba wrote:
DrumR wrote:
We're playing a 2-3 zone against a team raining 3s

Now you're getting it. EITHER ITS THE COACHING OR THE PLAYERS ARE INCAPABLE.

I personally think it's the coaching. If we would just commit to a specific scheme and hang our hat on it we could at least hold players accountable

Of course it's coaching! You do the zone against a team that can't shoot and is killing you inside....

His alternative to not being able to guard the pick n roll is the 2-3 zone. The alternative to not being able to guard the pick n roll is to stop HEDGING so hard with the bigs. We double on every single pick. It's blowing my mind how an NBA coach is getting away with this for 10+ games.

We won't beat teams this way. We'll only win by teams beating themselves by MISSING OPEN SHOTS. This isn't a winning formula.

As far as transition D. That's on players too. But here's the biggest problem: Kobe is glaringly a problem on defense and Byron ISN'T holding him accountable. You lose the locker room this way. He'll have no respect from his team cos' Kobe can get away with anything. This isn't leadership.

disagree. replace boozer with davis who's more mobile and that way you can hedge properly. thibs defends the pnr this way and its no coincidence booz was warming the bench for him. in fact scare hedged beautifully in the 2nd. he sucks but he hustles. booz doesnt move his feet, cant elevate, he just shoots all day...

Jackpot!
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:

I didn't see the game only boxscore summary. Thanks for your input so how disappointing is it that the focus since day one D hasn't progressed and may have gotten worse? No tweaks or changes? Just sad.

The Problem is the Guards are getting beat so bad that everyone is cheating off of their man to try to protect the paint and they are leaving 3 point shooters wide open giving teams the 3 in this new NBA is not a smart strategy too many players can shoot 3s.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

BS should rest Kobe more so he can be more efficient. I like what Jim Carrey does to Dir. Keep their legs fresh.
gold555
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I kinda agree that Lakers should have better result than it looks.
But a few issues are hard to solve.
No. 1 is coaching. How come our def is still (bleep), while you pointed def is our focus from day 1? Many many details are showing that coaching team did not make it work. Not only just execution problem.
No. 2 Kobe's minutes. I will still blame coach and his plan. We all know the Fisher role. But the coach obviously does not stand on the Fisher role.
I can somehow understand Kobe never say to take rest, but coach should smartly do it.
No. 3 use our little talent big, then teamwork is the key.
Ellington Davis need more minutes, even Clarkson, even how to use Lin.
There are many things can be adjusted.

For ppl keep bashing lin some nights, you simply do not understand his underdog character. When Melo, Hardon, Kobe are dominating the ball, he simply lost himself. Linsanity happens because he was facing no BB future.
His own words like I am gona play my style. Only under that situation he can be brave enough to play the ball, not only because of Dantoni system.
Right now Kobe play his ball game, which means Lin is in the same situation in Houston or Nicks with Melo. Again his own words, some lack of trust is the problem to him. It is hard to change a person's personality/character, but I wonder if a counselor can help him to behave a dominating way, like those super stars. You know sometimes it works once you break though that.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

Raydiation wrote:
Even though this game was not really decided by the ref. But I wonder if people agree that Lin really got ripped by the ref this season.

I see so many no call when Lin got foul. Some very obvious ones are the one at the end of LAC game when D Jordan got all body. The Rocket offensive foul when Lin receive a pass in mid air and then hit somebody when landing. The offensive foul on a jump shot tonight and ref said he kicked.

How many times do you see Crawford kick and got the and 1? I said 99% of the time if somebody else doing the kick and Lin was near then it will be a foul on Lin. Compare to Crawford or Harden who you can't breath air to them otherwise you will be called for a foul. NBA ref are crazy and they operate by what they guess instead of what they see.

I agree with this. I've never seen a player get so little respect from the refs.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

lakerpr wrote:
BS should rest Kobe more so he can be more efficient. I like what Jim Carrey does to Dir. Keep their legs fresh.

The Mavs are super deep their 3 string players could start for our team, D the lakers front office put together a poorly constructed team.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:

The Problem is the Guards are getting beat so bad that everyone is cheating off of their man to try to protect the paint and they are leaving 3 point shooters wide open giving teams the 3 in this new NBA is not a smart strategy too many players can shoot 3s.

Not just the guard. It is bad switching and rotation. I felt like Boozer is setting screen for Dallas by not moving his ass.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42
Jump to: