A thought: They hate him now, because he truly doesn't care what they think...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: A thought: They hate him now, because he truly doesn't care what they think...

But he can do that, because he knows he's already won the war. Everybody's talking about "Today's NBA". It's the common way to say the NBA2K, Fantasy league, NBA on ESPN.com, numbers never lie, contrived historical precedents, every other month league rankings, are more important than watching games and actually winning anything NBA. He doesn't fit! He just doesn't fit! He didn't fit from the beginning of the change through now. Not his age, not the previous precedents of numbers showing what should be happening with "his mileage", his injury history, his way of doing things. Orange is the new black, but this dude, just WILL NOT stop wearing THE REAL black. The old black. "Why won't Kobe Bryant just retire, leave us alone with our analysis, and let us have the sport to ourselves???" is probably what they ask in the dark before falling asleep.

He has 5 rings. They said he would never win 1. Then they said he would never win again without Shaq. When he got to the finals in '08, they said he couldn't do it again. When he did it again... They said, of course... he couldn't do it again. Now days... He's the 40th best player.... because his PER and/or TSP don't add up to what others (most of which have never done or won anything except a ranking) feel it takes to be a "good player" in "Today's NBA". Only in "today's NBA" can someone be "The Best -------- (fill in the blank) In The NBA" on a day to day or week to week basis. With everybody looking for the new guy to talk about. Except again, Kobe has blinders on. He feels basketball is basketball. He doesn't care about what numbers say he should be doing over his gut, skill, instinct, and knowledge.

They try to embarrass him with video, commentary, articles, memes, false perceptions, outright lies, fabrications, etc... to try and change him. But he just won't conform. Their world would implode, if he were to lead his team to anything other than the lottery doing things HIS WAY. God forbid, a championship. It would destroy the universe they constructed. But what they all fail to realize... Every critic, hater, pundit, or stat geek scratching his head at Bryant... He doesn't care, because he already won 5 rings doing it HIS WAY. From the beginning as a 13th pick, they were saying it would never happen. He will retire shortly having a minimum of 5 rings and a extensive list of accolades that can't be taken away... So he doesn't care that he doesn't fit what others think basketball should look like.

I bet he loves that he shoots when you say he shouldn't and still gets a W. Dare I say, his greatest ally on the court is the stats many other players are worried about over the actually winning. He'll take looking bad and winning a game, over having an efficient and pretty stat line with a loss. To him it's that old school thing called leaving it all out there on the floor. He laughs at your 6/24 in game 7 of 2010 Finals, while laughing harder at the 23,15,2 and a ring. He doesn't care that it was ugly, only that the Lakers needed every one of his 23 points that allowed them to have more than Boston and a win. He's more confident than ever in HIS WAY, because he's already won the war with it. Everything else at this point to him, is just gravy. So let's all just sit back and try to enjoy that gravy for the next 2 years.
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Thought, nobody hates him
Rugbar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: A thought: They hate him now, because he truly doesn't care what they think...

THE_TWELFTH wrote:

I bet he loves that he shoots when you say he shouldn't and still gets a W.

No one hates him. We just think the Lakers would get more wins if he shot less, because shooting with an efficiency that's worse than 29 out of 30 NBA teams kind of sucks. But everything's relative. He'd have a good percentage on the Sixers!
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Okay, NOBODY "hates" Kobe (which is a fallacy) or his game. Maybe I should change it to "dislike" or "don't fancy" so we can get to the point being made. There are an increasing number of critical articles being written with the sub-context, of Kobe having no shame in his game.

Rugbar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
There are an increasing number of critical articles being written with the sub-context, of Kobe having no shame in his game.

Gee, I wonder why.
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A thought: They hate him now, because he truly doesn't care what they think...

Rugbar wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:

No one hates him. We just think the Lakers would get more wins if he shot less, because shooting with an efficiency that's worse than 29 out of 30 NBA teams kind of sucks. But everything's relative. He'd have a good percentage on the Sixers!

I'm sure Kobe also believes that if he makes more than he misses it's good for the team. He's just not willing to stop shooting because he misses one. o two, or three... or 10.

THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Rugbar wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
There are an increasing number of critical articles being written with the sub-context, of Kobe having no shame in his game.

Gee, I wonder why.

Agreed... But my point is about why he doesn't, and a this point shouldn't even try to care what others think.

K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Kobe is still the snitchdevil rapist ballhog to a majority of NBA fans. It gets worse for him when he threatens the legacy of an established brand deity like Michael Jordan.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Actually, most NBA fans don't think that often about Kobe.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Based on general internet browsing I disagree
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Kobe is (to quote a former LG member "lakerfiend") like Israel. Nobody has lukewarm feelings when he's the topic.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Rugbar's troll voice sounds familiar. Which previously banned poster is he, I wonder?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

And yet if you go to the NBA.com homepage, and look at the NBA Twitter section, Kobe is almost without fail, one of the top 3 most tweeted about POIs in the NBA.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A thought: They hate him now, because he truly doesn't care what they think...

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
But he can do that, because he knows he's already won the war. Everybody's talking about "Today's NBA". It's the common way to say the NBA2K, Fantasy league, NBA on ESPN.com, numbers never lie, contrived historical precedents, every other month league rankings, are more important than watching games and actually winning anything NBA. He doesn't fit! He just doesn't fit! He didn't fit from the beginning of the change through now. Not his age, not the previous precedents of numbers showing what should be happening with "his mileage", his injury history, his way of doing things. Orange is the new black, but this dude, just WILL NOT stop wearing THE REAL black. The old black. "Why won't Kobe Bryant just retire, leave us alone with our analysis, and let us have the sport to ourselves???" is probably what they ask in the dark before falling asleep.

He has 5 rings. They said he would never win 1. Then they said he would never win again without Shaq. When he got to the finals in '08, they said he couldn't do it again. When he did it again... They said, of course... he couldn't do it again. Now days... He's the 40th best player.... because his PER and/or TSP don't add up to what others (most of which have never done or won anything except a ranking) feel it takes to be a "good player" in "Today's NBA". Only in "today's NBA" can someone be "The Best -------- (fill in the blank) In The NBA" on a day to day or week to week basis. With everybody looking for the new guy to talk about. Except again, Kobe has blinders on. He feels basketball is basketball. He doesn't care about what numbers say he should be doing over his gut, skill, instinct, and knowledge.

They try to embarrass him with video, commentary, articles, memes, false perceptions, outright lies, fabrications, etc... to try and change him. But he just won't conform. Their world would implode, if he were to lead his team to anything other than the lottery doing things HIS WAY. God forbid, a championship. It would destroy the universe they constructed. But what they all fail to realize... Every critic, hater, pundit, or stat geek scratching his head at Bryant... He doesn't care, because he already won 5 rings doing it HIS WAY. From the beginning as a 13th pick, they were saying it would never happen. He will retire shortly having a minimum of 5 rings and a extensive list of accolades that can't be taken away... So he doesn't care that he doesn't fit what others think basketball should look like.

I bet he loves that he shoots when you say he shouldn't and still gets a W. Dare I say, his greatest ally on the court is the stats many other players are worried about over the actually winning. He'll take looking bad and winning a game, over having an efficient and pretty stat line with a loss. To him it's that old school thing called leaving it all out there on the floor. He laughs at your 6/24 in game 7 of 2010 Finals, while laughing harder at the 23,15,2 and a ring. He doesn't care that it was ugly, only that the Lakers needed every one of his 23 points that allowed them to have more than Boston and a win. He's more confident than ever in HIS WAY, because he's already won the war with it. Everything else at this point to him, is just gravy. So let's all just sit back and try to enjoy that gravy for the next 2 years.

Like I said. Kobe is the most compelling persona in the history of the game. No player has even come close to his combination of skill, heart, clutch, dominance, stubbornness, scorn, ridicule, highs and lows and keeping it real.

He truly is Frank Sinatra's singer in "My Way."
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Rugbar's troll voice sounds familiar. Which previously banned poster is he, I wonder?

Take your pick. When a person comes to the site for one reason and one reason only, i.e. to trash Kobe, that is by definition trolling? If so, we might as well have our chain mail and broad swords.
magickobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: A thought: They hate him now, because he truly doesn't care what they think...

Rugbar wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:

dont say WE. You believe that fairytale.

This is the wrong team for him to shoot less. anytime he's played with gasol and shot a lot. people cried about it. but also forgot to mention it was a game where gasol was not being aggressive. if you are in the game for 30+ mins and you're not aggressive. Shame on you. And we know gasol had enough touches to be aggressive. look at nick young. aggressive on the first pass from kobe. not the tenth.

He shoots a lot to show a sign of aggression so the opponent's team defense can focus in on him. In addition if your teammates are playing scared. You have to pick up the slack. thats what greats do.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

alot of the negativity and critical articles are coming from the fact that Kobe is about to pass BSPN's original golden child MJ on the all time scoring list, alot is being done to diminish how he has gotten there and how he isnt MJ.

Well news flash MJ wasnt Kobe either, they have similarities but MJ scored alot of his buckets within 10 feet of the basket and from the line while the majority of Kobe's buckets have come from 16 feet and out and much more from the 3 pt line and less fta per game than MJ

Most never mention or know that Kobe has made over 1000 more 3 pters in his career, yes his shooting % is less than than MJ's he took tougher shots, yes he took more games he didnt start first 2 years in the league than had to share the ball with Shaq, Bulls where so bad when MJ came in league that he had free reign game one and when Orlando Woolridge or any other player took too many shot away from MJ they got rid of them.

Is Kobe the perfect player no, is he the best ever thats a debate that can never be answered by "stats" alone, but he isnt this pariah that the media and some Lakers "fans" and posters here have made him out to be, he has done alot for the Lakers and is a living the legend and quite frankly it is sickening that his swan song he is getting more critiscim than celebrating not only what he has done but the remarkable things he is doing at age 36 coming off the achilles

Unfortunately, Kobe will not be truly appreciated by many until he is gone from the league for a good 5 years
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm not entirely sure which group of "haters" you are talking about. I think you are talking about the stat guys. They don't really hate him (with exceptions like Hollinger). They think that his effectiveness is overrated. Kobe is an easy target for the new wave of quantitative analysts. Like it or not, this is the wave of the future, and the present for that matter. As I've said in several other threads, Kobe's standing is likely to erode over time for just this reason. The same thing has happened in baseball.
Kobeling
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Kobe is still the snitchdevil rapist ballhog to a majority of NBA fans. It gets worse for him when he threatens the legacy of an established brand deity like Michael Jordan.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Well written!! I agree 100% OP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ffsrofll333
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject:

great read, nice one op!
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm not entirely sure which group of "haters" you are talking about. I think you are talking about the stat guys. They don't really hate him (with exceptions like Hollinger). They think that his effectiveness is overrated. Kobe is an easy target for the new wave of quantitative analysts. Like it or not, this is the wave of the future, and the present for that matter. As I've said in several other threads, Kobe's standing is likely to erode over time for just this reason. The same thing has happened in baseball.

I believe stat guys "hate" Kobe, because he's an obstacle to their movement. Fans who have been watching basketball before 2000, are not buying the "Kobe's really not THAT good" argument. They've seen the best NBA on court performances over the decades with their own two eyes, long before there was an advanced stat movement... and aren't buying the "but if you look at his PER, TSP, stats per 48, or per 100 possessions the Lakers would be better off if he didn't play at all" arguments. If a guy is on court doing things you've never seen before, winning titles, and dominating opponents every night on t.v., and then the next day some supposed expert who was just a glorified blogger says "he sucks".... People are waaaay hesitant to buy into whatever that guy is selling. Instead, they feel like something is lost in translation and that guy is clearly not watching the same thing as them. doesn't know the game, or is using a flawed method to reach his conclusions. So basically, Kobe is the stat argument not passing the smell test to a large portion of pre NBA2K basketball fans. When he's gone, the last of the old school way of being considered good, great, or the best will be gone. Al video will be considered a lie, because somebody's numbers say different. I do believe one day, somebody will read the statistical analysis of Kobe's 81 point game, say no big deal... And then one day watch the video, and be like WTF???? That was AMAZING!!!

Last edited by THE_TWELFTH on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Kobe does whatever he decides, it's the way he's always played back to when he was a rookie..

Some people like it, some don't; but it's not something that drives Kobe...it's just his way...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
I believe stat guys "hate" Kobe, because he's an obstacle to their movement.

Kobe has been as much of an obstacle to their movement as a barbed wire fence is to the north wind. If anything, he has been a boon to their movement because his extreme style of play is easy to deconstruct.
ROTL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:
I believe stat guys "hate" Kobe, because he's an obstacle to their movement.

Kobe has been as much of an obstacle to their movement as a barbed wire fence is to the north wind. If anything, he has been a boon to their movement because his extreme style of play is easy to deconstruct.

LMAO, made up stats are not the of the future.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: