Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age

I don't know how long he can keep this up, and I know he should not be putting this team on his shoulders but it is absolutely amazing that a guy his age is leading the NBA in points per game. You have Melo and BronBron trailing him in points per game and they are in their prime.

Nice to see his game is still the stuff of legends and I hope by the end of the year he is still in the top 5 in scoring. I would have to imagine he will be the oldest player to average that many points per game.

Epic
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject:

This can't be right? I was told before the season began by people here that he wouldn't scratch more than 15...
Bladers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

You see this is the problem.
A guy lauches 30 shots a game while shooting 35/36%
and gets praised.

i mean wtf?

if he was shooting 50 shots and only hitting at a 1% clip. some of you will just find something to praise him on. its disgusting.

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar. dominated with a slew of gamewinners. yet calm cool and collected.

Last edited by Bladers on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age

LAL4K3RS wrote:
I don't know how long he can keep this up, and I know he should not be putting this team on his shoulders but it is absolutely amazing that a guy his age is leading the NBA in points per game. You have Melo and BronBron trailing him in points per game and they are in their prime.

Nice to see his game is still the stuff of legends and I hope by the end of the year he is still in the top 5 in scoring. I would have to imagine he will be the oldest player to average that many points per game.

Epic

His only challenger for the scoring title will be KD when he returns. I remember in 2010-2011, Kobe gifted the scoring title to KD. The Lakers were playing the Warriors in the last game of the season, and if Kobe had played and scored 38 points, the title would have been his. He chose to sit out instead. I suspect that this year will be a different story.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

if he was shooting 50 shots and only hitting at a 1% clip. some of you will just find something to praise him on. its disgusting.

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar.

Lakers lead league in offensive rebounds, giving Hill, Boozer and Davis easy put backs still gets the 2 pads those guy stats only lessens Kobe % he doesnt care why should you
magickobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar.
he doesnt have the same team pre injury post allstar . this is what yall act like you cant see.

Do you really need me to give you the roster?

Dwight, and gasol. two shot makers.

He doesnt have a single person on the court thats as good as those two guys. not even close.

So again, who is he supposed to pass too? nick has shown he can make shots and he will take shots. guess what kobe does now? passes nick the ball.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

BScott's running him into the ground though, playing him 35+ minutes per game. That's not sustainable at his age, especially if he wants to extend his career beyond his current contract and have a chance at catching Kareem in all time scoring.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Why did you even open this thread if not to troll?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
BScott's running him into the ground though, playing him 35+ minutes per game. That's not sustainable at his age, especially if he wants to extend his career beyond his current contract and have a chance at catching Kareem in all time scoring.

pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:

This whole minutes thing is funny only losers like LEBron complain and wanna play less minutes if playing an extra 3 minutes in a game here or there secures a win then so be it, anyway half the time 75% of the last 2 minutes of each half in NBA game is standing around I dont see the problem
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

I say WTF to this post. Without any other viable option, Kobe had a license to chuck. With Swaggy P as another viable option, Kobe's numbers look a lot more efficient.

Back to OP's intent, I would not have thought that Kobe had an achilles injury.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
freethrow wrote:

This whole minutes thing is funny only losers like LEBron complain and wanna play less minutes if playing an extra 3 minutes in a game here or there secures a win then so be it, anyway half the time 75% of the last 2 minutes of each half in NBA game is standing around I dont see the problem

Bladers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject:

magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

he doesnt have the same team pre injury post allstar . this is what yall act like you cant see.

He doesnt have a single person on the court thats as good as those two guys. not even close.

So again, who is he supposed to pass too? nick has shown he can make shots and he will take shots. guess what kobe does now? passes nick the ball.

Wait try again. From my recollection gasol was injured during our winning stretch. Dwight just came from injury and was useless.
Look at dwights ppg to see.

Secondly after that, the rosters ain't any better than it is now.
All you see is a player who dominated with intelligencia not with bruteforce.
Kobe now is using bruteforce not his IQ.

Example is the fadeaway halfcourt three at the and of last night game.
This showcases exactly what i was talking about. a guy who doesn't care about winning and if they do win must win his way.

its disgusting.

1 min left, 16 seconds on the clock and you approve a fade away halfcourt shot? that is typical kobe this season. everyone have called him out on it.
i'm his biggest fan, check my post history.

but enough is enough. im tired of seeing us at the bottom of the league barrel. to you, kobe can take 50 shots and score 30 points and lose but will do no wrong according to you.

not me sir.

Last edited by Bladers on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Wait try again. From my recollection gasol was injured during our winning stretch. Dwight just came from injury and was useless.

All you see is a player who dominate with intelligencia not with bruteforce.

This showcases exactly what i was talking about. a guy who doesn't care about winning and if they do win must win his way.

its disgusting.

1 min left, 16 seconds on the clock and you approve a fade away halfcourt shot? that is typical kobe this season. everyone have called him out on it.

but enough is enough. im tired of seeing us at the bottom of the league barrel

Where have I heard that before?
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
freethrow wrote:

It depends on how long Kobe plans on playing. I see him playing for three or four more years after this season. We've already seen a couple of games this year where he clearly ran out of gas in the fourth quarter, where all his shots were short. Not to mention playing tired increases chance of injury. If you wanna say minutes don't matter, look up the minutes log leading up to his achilles injury.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
pmacla wrote:
freethrow wrote:

It depends on how long Kobe plans on playing. I see him playing for three or four more years after this season. We've already seen a couple of games this year where he clearly ran out of gas in the fourth quarter, where all his shots were short. Not to mention playing tired increases chance of injury. If you wanna say minutes don't matter, look up the minutes log leading up to his achilles injury.

he to me doesnt fully have his legs back yet and is gauging based on how his body responds and works now to get his shot back, alot of trial and error going on around the New Year I expect to see a much more efficient shooting % from him
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age

LAL4K3RS wrote:

Epic

The real question is... Was it really the most likely thing to happen based on what we already knew about Kobe based on the last 19 years of data about only him, or were you led to believe by a bunch of naysayers, pundits inventing things like mileage, living room doctors, and stats about players that were nothing like Kobe in the first place to believe it was unlikely?
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
DALAKERSRULE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

its disgusting.

but enough is enough. im tired of seeing us at the bottom of the league barrel. to you, kobe can take 50 shots and score 30 points and lose but will do no wrong according to you.

not me sir.

you better go get your eyes checked....do you know where the half court line is ??
Marty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Dominate points and advanced age.
Bladers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject:

DALAKERSRULE wrote:
Bladers wrote:
magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

its disgusting.

not me sir.

you better go get your eyes checked....do you know where the half court line is ??

how many shots did kobe put up in the first half? like 10?
and it was a two point game.

then he takes 10 in the 3rd while hitting only 1.

see what i mean?

20 shots kobe = easy win. godly efficiency. ball moves. team plays defense.
30 shots kobe = probable loss, horrific efficiency. stagnant offense. team plays lousy defense.

remember every miss shot is a failed possession and there is a limited amount of possession for each team in a game.
Kobeling
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

its disgusting.

not me sir.

Reported for saying bad things about our leader, the one and only, Kobe.
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:

3-4 of his shots last night came right as he received the ball with about 3-4 seconds left. He launched a 75 footer because we ran out the clock. He would've been at around 24 shots.

He definitely showed that he's still as good as Harden (if not better).
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Kobe will continue to shot. Right now his FG% is one of the lower ones on the Lakers but side he's putting so many shots, well there go your points. This does not mean he is being necessarily an effective shooter this season...

I'm sure that if he did away with a lot of this ill advised shots, his efficiency would boom...
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Lakers lead league in offensive rebounds, giving Hill, Boozer and Davis easy put backs still gets the 2 pads those guy stats only lessens Kobe % he doesnt care why should you

Yup that is by design. He told before that sometimes he will shoot over double teams if he think his team mates has a good chance to grab the rebound if he miss. Kobe told that he being a good offensive threat gives his teammates good chance for a rebound.
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I think it's only normal for an all time great like Kobe to test his legs and cuck up shots like this. I know its to the detriment of team chemistry and guys like Lin and others to gaining confidence while Kobe chucks up so many shots but as an unabashed Kobe supporter this is how i justify it to myself. At the expense of winning 2 or 3 more games by spreading the ball more and letting guys get involved, Kobe is getting his rhythm and timing back... a lot of the hero shots he's missing are ones he used to make regularly, he hasn't played in 2 years and needs to find his "ceiling" and get his shot and timing back. Kobe finding himself took priority over wins and team chemistry in the infancy of this season because like it or not we'll need Kobe to Kobe to do ANYTHING this year.

Lin, Boozer and Swaggy will get there's as the season goes on and Kobe feels confident in what he's able to do, which is looking to be quite a lot. By the end of the season Kobe will be shooting much less and probably still averaging the same PPG as Lin starts to get Kobe some more easy baskets. Ive noticed Kobe and Lin run a lot of small to small PnR plays which is nice to see.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: