Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Mental midgets complaining about Kobe shooting too much. Knuckleheads don't realize that he HAS to shoot a crap load, especially in the very beginning of the season to get his shot/bounce/rhythm back. He's doing an insanely remarkable job of that. Top 10 player in the league easily. Top 5 with his killer instinct and metal toughness.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Mental midgets complaining about Kobe shooting too much. Knuckleheads don't realize that he HAS to shoot a crap load, especially in the very beginning of the season to get his shot/bounce/rhythm back. He's doing an insanely remarkable job of that. Top 10 player in the league easily. Top 5 with his killer instinct and metal toughness.

If the Lakers winning percentage were reversed W/L's than maybe you get mileage. But bad shots, low FG% and losing? The game is not about any one player scoring it's about winnig, if that's not coming than Kobe's points behind bad shots and losing ain't worth crap...

I know we won't agree but basketball is about winning, nothing else...
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I've been extremely encouraged by the last couple of games. He has a certain degree of "snap" to his moves when he's feeling right, which he uses to get separation. I've seen more of that in the last two games, even if there was some questionable shot selection at times last night.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:

Can't do this, man.
Kobeling
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Can't do this, man.

He is defending kobe, so it's ok. I agree with him kobe top 10 easily!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I've been extremely encouraged by the last couple of games. He has a certain degree of "snap" to his moves when he's feeling right, which he uses to get separation. I've seen more of that in the last two games, even if there was some questionable shot selection at times last night.

Hopefully Kobe's shot selection improves now that he has a running mate in Nick...

We'll see...
Bladers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Janggoon8 wrote:
3-4 of his shots last night came right as he received the ball with about 3-4 seconds left. He launched a 75 footer because we ran out the clock. He would've been at around 24 shots.

He definitely showed that he's still as good as Harden (if not better).

Harden is straight garbage.
Kobe is easily still top 10 and can lead this team to a .500 record if he plays calm cool and collected. I still think alot of the blame goes to the coach.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
You see this is the problem.
A guy lauches 30 shots a game while shooting 35/36%
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

if he was shooting 50 shots and only hitting at a 1% clip. some of you will just find something to praise him on. its disgusting.

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar. dominated with a slew of gamewinners. yet calm cool and collected.

He's just coming back from two serious leg injuries and finding himself. His shooting percentage is 38.6% -- not 35-36%. Drop out the one game that he was sick, and it's slightly over 40%. And in his last three games, he is averaging 34 points per game at a 44% clip.

I think his recovery has been remarkable. If he keep up his recent pace, he'll end up shooting at about 43%--a bit below his career average, but not bad for a 36 year old who is consistently the first option and sometimes if forced to take desperation heaves late in the shot clock.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobeling wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Can't do this, man.

He is defending kobe, so it's ok. I agree with him kobe top 10 easily!

It's not.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

if he was shooting 50 shots and only hitting at a 1% clip. some of you will just find something to praise him on. its disgusting.

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar.
he doesnt have the same team pre injury post allstar . this is what yall act like you cant see.

Do you really need me to give you the roster?

Dwight, and gasol. two shot makers.

He doesnt have a single person on the court thats as good as those two guys. not even close.

So again, who is he supposed to pass too? nick has shown he can make shots and he will take shots. guess what kobe does now? passes nick the ball.

Don't feed the troll.

Not just the points, kobe is also contributing in every facet of the game more than any player at his age should be. Harden last night did a great job distributing the ball and controlling the flow of the game with his assists, only Kobe did it better and with a lot less turnovers for an overall 7 assists and not to mention 5 rebounds. What Kobe is doing this year is UNPRECEDENTED. To be doing the things he's doing at his age with his miles and injuries is legendary. If the worst thing you can say about kobe this year so far is that his shooting % is a little down ( it's going up too ) then that's amazing - especially in a year where stars percentages shooting are down accross the board for the most part. If you are at all somehow "disturbed" by the praise that Kobe is getting from fans then get used to it because it's going to keep coming, especially if they Keep winning. If he somehow gets THIS team into the playoffs at the end it's going to be "bananas"
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar. dominated with a slew of gamewinners. yet calm cool and collected.

He's just coming back from two serious leg injuries and finding himself. His shooting percentage is 38.6% -- not 35-36%. Drop out the one game that he was sick, and it's slightly over 40%. And in his last three games, he is averaging 34 points per game at a 44% clip.

I think his recovery has been remarkable. If he keep up his recent pace, he'll end up shooting at about 43%--a bit below his career average, but not bad for a 36 year old who is consistently the first option and sometimes if forced to take desperation heaves late in the shot clock.

Truth

The guy takes half court shots to beat the clock like its nothing, if he isn't concerned with crap like that affecting his FG% then neither should we, it's meaningless. In fact the fact that he's willing to take those kinds of shots should only bolster his legacy because he is of the mindset If he makes 1/100 of those half court heaves then it was worth it because you can't make it if you don't take it.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I think Kobe's goal this season is to pass MJ on the all time scoring chart. He need 262.

If he continues at 27 ppg he'll catch him in 9-10 games or so. I'll be happy to see him get there.

I hope his body holds up, I know his mind will. He's playing at a rate I don't think sustainable. I didn't think he'd be able to play at the level he's playing, so so much for that thinking.

Gotta remember, he's Kobe.

Go getum Mamba.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

If the Lakers winning percentage were reversed W/L's than maybe you get mileage. But bad shots, low FG% and losing? The game is not about any one player scoring it's about winnig, if that's not coming than Kobe's points behind bad shots and losing ain't worth crap...

I'd love to know why you think Kobe's shot selections have anything to do with the Lakers record - do you REALLY think the Lakers have even 1 win without Kobe? Think really hard about that before you answer
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
deal wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

I'd love to know why you think Kobe's shot selections have anything to do with the Lakers record - do you REALLY think the Lakers have even 1 win without Kobe? Think really hard about that before you answer

We won't know the answer but a bad shot he misses could have been a clean shot for an open man. So I ask myself, could those added potential points won one game? Two games? Maybe, maybe not. But a clean shot will always be preferred over a contested one; IMO, I'm probably not alone...
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's shooting a heck of a lot but I have a feeling that it's intentional as he's still trying to find his rhythm. We'll know more the more he plays and IMO, we'll get a better assessment of his peak closer to February/March time frame.

If he's still bricking it up, then we've got a problem. Everyone will know that he is no longer one to be feared.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
Kobe's shooting a heck of a lot but I have a feeling that it's intentional as he's still trying to find his rhythm. We'll know more the more he plays and IMO, we'll get a better assessment of his peak closer to February/March time frame.

If he's still bricking it up, then we've got a problem. Everyone will know that he is no longer one to be feared.

I think it'll get better now that Nick is back. Young gives Mamba a running mate, like I said before...
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

As soon as the Lakers FO punted this season away and surrounded Kobe with a worst roster than last year, he set his mind on chasing the scoring record.

I don't mind that thinking at all because this team is not winning a championship. Kobe shooting, scoring, keeping games close and entertaining is the only thing we have to look forward to.

Dilusional fans who actually think there is a shot at a title will complain about his shots, but realist will just enjoy the ride.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

As soon as the Lakers FO punted this season away and surrounded Kobe with a worst roster than last year, he set his mind on chasing the scoring record.

I don't mind that thinking at all because this team is not winning a championship. Kobe shooting, scoring, keeping games close and entertaining is the only thing we have to look forward to.

Dilusional fans who actually think there is a shot at a title will complain about his shots, but realist will just enjoy the ride.

Preach brotha LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Team 15 points represent!

Oh and now that he's producing heavily, those mopes have moved on to (bleep) about his FG%.

Btw, during his ridiculous 35.3 PPG season, he actually had a stretch where his FG% was around 40% or so.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

"Kobe is basically as good as Dion Waiters."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Once the squad resembles an offense (SwaggyP return certainly helps) Then I think Kobe will settle around 25 - 27 PPG and his fg% will go up.
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age

LAL4K3RS wrote:
I don't know how long he can keep this up, and I know he should not be putting this team on his shoulders but it is absolutely amazing that a guy his age is leading the NBA in points per game. You have Melo and BronBron trailing him in points per game and they are in their prime.

Nice to see his game is still the stuff of legends and I hope by the end of the year he is still in the top 5 in scoring. I would have to imagine he will be the oldest player to average that many points per game.

Epic

30 points per game on 30+ shots per game won't generate a whole lotta Ws.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

In the twilight of his career, Kobe finds another way to win
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/fran_blinebury/11/20/in-a-challenging-year-kobe-bryant-finds-another-way-to-define-winning/
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age

Boybees wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
I don't know how long he can keep this up, and I know he should not be putting this team on his shoulders but it is absolutely amazing that a guy his age is leading the NBA in points per game. You have Melo and BronBron trailing him in points per game and they are in their prime.

Nice to see his game is still the stuff of legends and I hope by the end of the year he is still in the top 5 in scoring. I would have to imagine he will be the oldest player to average that many points per game.

Epic

30 points per game on 30+ shots per game won't generate a whole lotta Ws.

Kobe's averaging around 23 shots a game
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject:

For me the fact that he has to shoot a lot make it's even more remarkable.
He's a 36 years old man, working A LOT to get his points, more than any other player in the NBA right now. He deserves to be the leading scorer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: