Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
DALAKERSRULE wrote:
Bladers wrote:
magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
You see this is the problem.
A guy lauches 30 shots a game while shooting 35/36%
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

if he was shooting 50 shots and only hitting at a 1% clip. some of you will just find something to praise him on. its disgusting.

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar.
he doesnt have the same team pre injury post allstar . this is what yall act like you cant see.

Do you really need me to give you the roster?

Dwight, and gasol. two shot makers.

He doesnt have a single person on the court thats as good as those two guys. not even close.

So again, who is he supposed to pass too? nick has shown he can make shots and he will take shots. guess what kobe does now? passes nick the ball.

Wait try again. From my recollection gasol was injured during our winning stretch. Dwight just came from injury and was useless.
Look at dwights ppg to see.

Secondly after that, the rosters ain't any better than it is now.
All you see is a player who dominated with intelligencia not with bruteforce.
Kobe now is using bruteforce not his IQ.

Example is the fadeaway halfcourt three at the and of last night game.
This showcases exactly what i was talking about. a guy who doesn't care about winning and if they do win must win his way.

its disgusting.

1 min left, 16 seconds on the clock and you approve a fade away halfcourt shot? that is typical kobe this season. everyone have called him out on it.
i'm his biggest fan, check my post history.

but enough is enough. im tired of seeing us at the bottom of the league barrel. to you, kobe can take 50 shots and score 30 points and lose but will do no wrong according to you.

not me sir.

you better go get your eyes checked....do you know where the half court line is ??

how many shots did kobe put up in the first half? like 10?
and it was a two point game.

then he takes 10 in the 3rd while hitting only 1.

see what i mean?

20 shots kobe = easy win. godly efficiency. ball moves. team plays defense.
30 shots kobe = probable loss, horrific efficiency. stagnant offense. team plays lousy defense.

remember every miss shot is a failed possession and there is a limited amount of possession for each team in a game.

This is bs. Lakers haven't lost because Kobe takes a lot of shots, they lose because of their defense.

We've lost all games where Kobe took less than 20 shots, and by an average margin of 12 points...

In many of those games, where Kobe took a lot of shots and we lost, he didn't come out the gate firing and putting us in a hole, he started gunning when we were in a hole to keep up with the opposing team's scoring pace, because we couldn't play defense to stop them on the other end.

The Lakers defense has been historically bad, you think our team can keep up with the likes of the Clippers, Warriors, Rockets(with Dwight & Jones), Spurs & the Suns? They have way more weapons.

Kobe's playing himself into shape and his game has been improving. He was very efficient against the Hawks and though his shot was off @Houston, he was passing the ball around and got his teammates easy shots (3 consecutive assists to a wide open Hill), made big plays down the stretch.

We didn't have Kobe for most of the season last year, look where the team offense got us. Guys simply aren't that good on their own, Kobe has to be aggressive and try to put up as many points as he can when we're struggling on D. Hill, Wes, Booze & Young aren't enough to keep up.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

ForrestHump wrote:
Bladers wrote:
DALAKERSRULE wrote:
Bladers wrote:
magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

if he was shooting 50 shots and only hitting at a 1% clip. some of you will just find something to praise him on. its disgusting.

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar.
he doesnt have the same team pre injury post allstar . this is what yall act like you cant see.

Do you really need me to give you the roster?

Dwight, and gasol. two shot makers.

He doesnt have a single person on the court thats as good as those two guys. not even close.

So again, who is he supposed to pass too? nick has shown he can make shots and he will take shots. guess what kobe does now? passes nick the ball.

Wait try again. From my recollection gasol was injured during our winning stretch. Dwight just came from injury and was useless.
Look at dwights ppg to see.

Secondly after that, the rosters ain't any better than it is now.
All you see is a player who dominated with intelligencia not with bruteforce.
Kobe now is using bruteforce not his IQ.

Example is the fadeaway halfcourt three at the and of last night game.
This showcases exactly what i was talking about. a guy who doesn't care about winning and if they do win must win his way.

its disgusting.

1 min left, 16 seconds on the clock and you approve a fade away halfcourt shot? that is typical kobe this season. everyone have called him out on it.
i'm his biggest fan, check my post history.

but enough is enough. im tired of seeing us at the bottom of the league barrel. to you, kobe can take 50 shots and score 30 points and lose but will do no wrong according to you.

not me sir.

you better go get your eyes checked....do you know where the half court line is ??

how many shots did kobe put up in the first half? like 10?
and it was a two point game.

then he takes 10 in the 3rd while hitting only 1.

see what i mean?

20 shots kobe = easy win. godly efficiency. ball moves. team plays defense.
30 shots kobe = probable loss, horrific efficiency. stagnant offense. team plays lousy defense.

remember every miss shot is a failed possession and there is a limited amount of possession for each team in a game.

This is bs. Lakers haven't lost because Kobe takes a lot of shots, they lose because of their defense.

We've lost all games where Kobe took less than 20 shots, and by an average margin of 12 points...

In many of those games, where Kobe took a lot of shots and we lost, he didn't come out the gate firing and putting us in a hole, he started gunning when we were in a hole to keep up with the opposing team's scoring pace, because we couldn't play defense to stop them on the other end.

The Lakers defense has been historically bad, you think our team can keep up with the likes of the Clippers, Warriors, Rockets(with Dwight & Jones), Spurs & the Suns? They have way more weapons.

Kobe's playing himself into shape and his game has been improving. He was very efficient against the Hawks and though his shot was off @Houston, he was passing the ball around and got his teammates easy shots (3 consecutive assists to a wide open Hill), made big plays down the stretch.

We didn't have Kobe for most of the season last year, look where the team offense got us. Guys simply aren't that good on their own, Kobe has to be aggressive and try to put up as many points as he can when we're struggling on D. Hill, Wes, Booze & Young aren't enough to keep up.

I think the ideal shooting profile for Kobe is the one for the game against the Hawks, where he shot 10-18 FG, 3-7 3PT, and 5-5 FT for a total of 28 pts (and we won). His last effort against the Rockets was not great: 10-28, 1-7 3PT, 8-10 FT for a total of 29 points.
Shaqman55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

http://grantland.com/features/how-kobe-bryant-missed-shots-translate-new-nba-statistic-kobe-assist/

The Kobe Assist is REAL. Guys like JHill and Ed Davis will thrive off of it.

Stop sweating Kobe's percentages you darn loons!

This guy has not played pro ball in over 1.5 years and he's leading the league in scoring...after tearing his effing Achilles! He'll improve once he gets in mid-season form! I mean imagine not walking for a year and then sombody criticizing you cause your legs are wobbly... He's rehabing!!!

I mean Carmelo isn't even scoring as much and his percentages are crap too!

Give this mfer his due, he worked HARD to basically show barely any affects of two major injuries (one of them potentially career ending)
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar. dominated with a slew of gamewinners. yet calm cool and collected.

There is too much vitriol in your point of view.

The point of this thread is to give Kobe "praise" because of what he's doing at his age. If you think scoring that much is merely a matter of launching up shots, you have no idea how difficult it is to score that many points, that consistently. Factoring his age, his mileage, and his recent career "threatening" injuries, it's quite a feat regardless.

Remember when people were discrediting his 81 point performance? TMac was the only one who kept it real and focused on how exceedingly difficult it is to score 40 points, the fatigue involved in carrying that type of offensive load, etc. And he's someone's opinion you can trust.

Furthermore, Kobe has always been a gunslinger ... it's who he is. He's also a warrior, the most fierce competitor and hard worker in-season/offseason that any team could hope to have.

Did you catch his game against the Hawks? More efficient, no?

Nick Young's first game back too, right?

Again, too much vitriol.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar. dominated with a slew of gamewinners. yet calm cool and collected.

As soon as the Lakers FO punted this season away and surrounded Kobe with a worst roster than last year, he set his mind on chasing the scoring record.

I don't mind that thinking at all because this team is not winning a championship. Kobe shooting, scoring, keeping games close and entertaining is the only thing we have to look forward to.

Dilusional fans who actually think there is a shot at a title will complain about his shots, but realist will just enjoy the ride.

Another fun fun night...yep
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

As soon as the Lakers FO punted this season away and surrounded Kobe with a worst roster than last year, he set his mind on chasing the scoring record.

I don't mind that thinking at all because this team is not winning a championship. Kobe shooting, scoring, keeping games close and entertaining is the only thing we have to look forward to.

Dilusional fans who actually think there is a shot at a title will complain about his shots, but realist will just enjoy the ride.

Watch the highlights. All of the nights are fun then. But seriously, if you've trouble with Kobe being Kobe, or not conceding to age or injury, then, you never really enjoyed to the fullest what Kobe brought/brings to the basketball table. He is who he is and will always be.

He reminds me of Theloneous Monk. He played his style of Jazz Piano when people thought he was crazy and he played the same way when he was the most important Jazz musician in the World save perhaps John Coltrane and he played the same way when the Jazz World had seemingly passed him by.

But T. Monk is legend. Kobe is legend. Too bad so many can't appreciate that.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Watch the highlights. All of the nights are fun then. But seriously, if you've trouble with Kobe being Kobe, or not conceding to age or injury, then, you never really enjoyed to the fullest what Kobe brought/brings to the basketball table. He is who he is and will always be.

He reminds me of Theloneous Monk. He played his style of Jazz Piano when people thought he was crazy and he played the same way when he was the most important Jazz musician in the World save perhaps John Coltrane and he played the same way when the Jazz World had seemingly passed him by.

Kobe is legend, but that doesn't mean he is playing like one now.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Achilles tear, broken leg, 19th season, leading the league in scoring. Uh, yes he is.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Achilles tear, broken leg, 19th season, leading the league in scoring. Uh, yes he is.

I don't think Kobe would agree with you on that.
Magic2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

On historically bad shooting efficiency, while playing some of the worst perimeter defense in the league.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobe isn't playing good at all, he's taking a lot of shots to get those points. I don't like the way he's playing, being kind of selfish. He should let Lin get more shots.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Thanks for the comment and the analogy; I get your point, here's mine;

Just like learning table manners at home goes a long way for kids, Kobe has a unique opportunity to teach and set an example for this young team and others to come.. To do wha! Play the right way. Share the rock, tlet the open shooter take the shot and actually make it a ten effort. Catching MJ will come, is a done deal. But what he could do for the game, beyond himself, that would have greater meaning for the "team"; shooting low percentage shots, emmm, does nothing for me or him, I think.

I've followed Kobe since he broke into the league but IMO it would go a longer way if he showed, by example, how to play the game the right way. That does not mean bring his intensity down, but at 36 and already one of the very best of all times, he has nothing to prove out there by chucking up bad shots...

Again, my opinion....
Magic2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Just like learning table manners at home goes a long way for kids, Kobe has a unique opportunity to teach and set an example for this young team and others to come.. To do wha! Play the right way. Share the rock, tlet the open shooter take the shot and actually make it a ten effort. Catching MJ will come, is a done deal. But what he could do for the game, beyond himself, that would have greater meaning for the "team"; shooting low percentage shots, emmm, does nothing for me or him, I think.

I've followed Kobe since he broke into the league but IMO it would go a longer way if he showed, by example, how to play the game the right way. That does not mean bring his intensity down, but at 36 and already one of the very best of all times, he has nothing to prove out there by chucking up bad shots...

Again, my opinion....

This.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

He's shooting the worst percentage of his career and taking nearly as many shots per game when he scored 35ppg.
terpski
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is a great player, but all the great players changed their games later in their careers. Even Michael Jordan changed his game and took less shots later in his career.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Of course he wouldn't. And he wouldn't have after 2005-2006 either.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Magic2Kobe wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

On historically bad shooting efficiency, while playing some of the worst perimeter defense in the league.

And?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Again, my opinion....

So you, much like Magic, want Kobe to morph into Magic. As I said earlier, if that's what you get from Kobe, you've lost out on the essence that has made Kobe Kobe and what has set him aside from every player who has ever played the game.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject:

terpski wrote:
Kobe is a great player, but all the great players changed their games later in their careers. Even Michael Jordan changed his game and took less shots later in his career.

You need to go back over MJ's career stats.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Comparing this season to his 2005-2006 season makes my head hurt.

It just feels like him trying to play this way is emphasizing his flaws instead of being a graceful presentation of what he still can do. Like Nowitzki and Tim Duncan are still playing very good but I think they would both look really inefficient if they still tried to play their old way.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

It just feels like him trying to play this way is emphasizing his flaws instead of being a graceful presentation of what he still can do. Like Nowitzki and Tim Duncan are still playing very good but I think they would both look really inefficient if they still tried to play their old way.

I guess you and the others care about efficiency. That's the common refrain. That's just not important to me. What's important are pressure on the D, relentlessness, art, gracefulness, dominance, etc. In effect the game inside the game. I guess you could fault me for not caring about "team ball" but without a superstar to wow me, basketball is just another game. May as well watch soccer as watch the Spurs.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

And then Kobe has a great game on Sunday and we get the W. "The guy is incredible" "it's amazing and an honor to watch"

Rinse and repeat boys
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

Yeah, it makes mine hurt too, but because I remember how he didn't win the MVP and how much his game was criticized even then.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
And then Kobe has a great game on Sunday and we get the W. "The guy is incredible" "it's amazing and an honor to watch"

Rinse and repeat boys

Yep, I said it after the 1-14 game.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

To be blunt the scrubby play of the team is bad enough, watching the Kobe chuck fest is the topper that's making games very hard to sit through. At least Prime Kobe was making his bad shots, old Kobe just looks terrible. I was really hoping for a wiser Kobe this year, more like 2008 version. Too bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: