Lebron James: embarassing fumble in the clutch vs Spurs costs CLE the game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Lebron James: embarassing fumble in the clutch vs Spurs costs CLE the game

Lebron, because of his lack of skill, does something quite embarrasing on Wednesday!

Meanwhile...Kobe (#40) is doing this:

============
(opens fridge door)
(grabs ice cold beer)
(Sits on recliner...reclines)
(takes a sip)
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject:

But he was teaching the young pups how to win.....
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject:

Cavs lost 3 in a row and are 5-6 now. I always keep in mind that Miami started 9-8, but the Cavs will never play defense like that team.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

What ever happened to him, he has regressed a whole lot. He is not scary no more.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

That was clearly a choke job, but every player has them at some point. Nevertheless, there was a noticeable decline last season in terms of his quickness, and it looks like it wasn't just weight related. He's also struggling with having to play with a far more ball dominant guard than Wade. It would all work if the Cavs could play defense, but as configured I don't see them ever becoming as good as Miami during James' first three seasons there.

James was a key reason why Miami fell short last season. He can run away from Wade, but he cannot distance himself from his own decline. Outstanding player? Yes, but not as dominating.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject:

No PED's no glory for lebron. its quite clear to me right now
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm beginning to wonder whether it is attributable to PEDs as well, but then Lebron lost some explosiveness last season, prior to the massive weight loss. That's why I sort of accept the cover story that he lost the weight to compensate. But I am very suspicious.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

HGH testing!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is still in teaching mode...
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lebron is still in teaching mode...

That quote really should haunt him. Windhorst really needs to recalibrate his journalistic standards. His reputation was that he was not in the Lebron camp, despite being a semi-follower. He's at the crossroads: Taking a hard line means freezing himself for the Lebron PR machine, but it also means restoring credibility. I haven't taken Windhorst seriously for years, despite the rep.
JaySole
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
HGH testing!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Love isn't locked up for next year....wonder if he'll consider bolting if this team turns out to be a disaster this year.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/chris-bosh-dwyane-wade.jpg

Too soon?
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Let's say he puts up 2 more great seasons, but the Cavs fail to get out of the ECF, then he enters a steady decline and they never win a ring. I wonder how his legacy in Cleveland will be perceived.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Its early but the cavs look bad defensively. I always thought he was gifted great defensive teams with his early cavs and heat teams. His defensive prowness isnt enough to change any bad-average defensive team around. Unlike some of his nut huggers claimed.

Although he's a very good perimeter defender, He was never a game changer on that end but instead was a piece that benefited from his teammates and the schemes his coaches utilized.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject:

it's way too early.

with that said, I don't think they're as good as the original Heat trio.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

Actually James' first Cleveland team was a better fit. They played very good defense, and didn't demand the ball. Gloria James jokes aside, Delonte West was actually a much better fit than Kyrie Irving. West could function adequately as a PG when needed, didn't need the ball to be effective on offense, and was the best post scorer on that Cavs team (a James weakness back then). He was a very good defender. This Cleveland team collectively has more offensive punch but then I don't see them capable of playing defense like those old Cav teams.

Could the Cavs turn it around? Yes, the EC is absolutely anemic this season. Even though they haven't the defensive abilities physically, they could certainly compensate with better intensity and team defense. To get there they will have to listen to Coach Blatt. Supposedly James isn't a Blatt supporter, and if that is true then James is part of the problem.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

Too much damn pouting by him. I can't imagine an in his prime kobe acting this way.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Actually James' first Cleveland team was a better fit. They played very good defense, and didn't demand the ball. Gloria James jokes aside, Delonte West was actually a much better fit than Kyrie Irving. West could function adequately as a PG when needed, didn't need the ball to be effective on offense, and was the best post scorer on that Cavs team (a James weakness back then). He was a very good defender. This Cleveland team collectively has more offensive punch but then I don't see them capable of playing defense like those old Cav teams.

Could the Cavs turn it around? Yes, the EC is absolutely anemic this season. Even though they haven't the defensive abilities physically, they could certainly compensate with better intensity and team defense. To get there they will have to listen to Coach Blatt. Supposedly James isn't a Blatt supporter, and if that is true then James is part of the problem.

If James isn't a Blatt supporter, Blatt has zero chance of succeeding there.

You can tell by how they play that they're not listening to him. Stylistically, this team bares no resemblance to his previous teams.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

That first Cavs team that LBJ was on was built around him....
This particular Cavs seem seems like its the Cleveland imitation of the Miami superfriends, except Kyrie probably could care less about Lebron, and Kevin Love is just tagging along because he needs somebody to carry the load for once.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

I think Lebron is just letting his team struggle by design.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Don't know if they didn't have a timeout to advance it midcourt, but I hope they didn't because that was a lousy play having a guy who isn't the best dribbler in the world take it up thru a halfcourt trap. Should've had their point back there to speed it up with Bron up court a bit breaking off to receive the ball, being that it's about a 90% chance he could've shoved a defender off to get himself open without being whistled.

But whatdoIknow? The Lakers suck too. Hrm...
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:

Imagine what he'll be like in 7 years. Damn sure won't be 27/5/4.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject:

I wonder how this team would look with Wiggins instead of Love.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: