LAKERS -at- MAVS - 11-21-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobeling
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
kobes been garbage all year. the shots he took tonight
He needs to pass the freakin ball, and take better shots. win or lose, atleast play as a team with ball movement. constant isos everytime with 2 defenders on him, missing wide open teammates ugh

Offense wasn't the team's problem, it was defense.

And Kobe did pass the ball, and rebounded well too.

Thanks for the completely laughable non-analysis though.

Please don't feed the troll.
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
bws94 wrote:
giving up 42 points in the 3rd should make them mad. Kobe seemed impressed with them in his post game. Lin seemed far less accepting of the defensive meltdown saying while the Mavs shot well, his team has to play the 3 better. Byron did his usual they didn't do what we talked about. The game was competitive by the half, a shootout won't work but the team was not out of the game by half so some attention to defense and a lot to scoring would have given the team a better chance.

The zone didn't work at all. At all.

Lin's offensive approach should be used in all of his games from here on in. Use the pick and pop, use the mid-range, drive when it is there, shoot 12 shots minimum and he would have had it not been a blowout. And I agree, he passed up a few shots he should have taken, especially because he had it going. Kobe's minutes need reducing. Scott brought in Lin way too late in the 2nd and leaves Kobe in too long, constantly playing full first quarters. What's up with that? Too much Price too, especially when he's not doing much. Too little Davis who didn't have his usual impact in last night's game. Too much Sacre, another jump shooting big man.

Byron's defensive schemes really aren't working. He may need to go back to the drawing board or make huge revisions. And I'm not sure Byron can make effective tactical half-time adjustments. He sure hasn't shown it yet.

It was a disgraceful showing really.

Lakers didn't play too bad in the first half. Yes, we were down 9, but if Sacre hadn't thrown that one terrible pass, we could have been down only 1 or 2.

Third quarter was terrible. I don't think the zone is the way to go against teams that can move the ball and shoot the 3 like that.

I do not understand BScott's comment. He went zone and of course you do not defend well against 3pt. Zone takes away penetrations and post ups, but makes it easier to shoot the 3s.

After more than 3 games, it worries me that we do not seem to have a consistent basic defense set-up.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject:

Kobeling wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
kobes been garbage all year. the shots he took tonight
He needs to pass the freakin ball, and take better shots. win or lose, atleast play as a team with ball movement. constant isos everytime with 2 defenders on him, missing wide open teammates ugh

Offense wasn't the team's problem, it was defense.

And Kobe did pass the ball, and rebounded well too.

Thanks for the completely laughable non-analysis though.

Please don't feed the troll.

Just because someone thinks 6-22 shooting isn't good for the team doesn't make them a troll. I agree Kobe did attempt to get the dream involved via assists but he passed up team mates open looks to shoot long range fallaway contested jumpers too too often. The Defense was atrocious. That is teamwork that the players and coaches need to work out.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB for writing these T&Rs for the good, bad and ugly games alike. I missed the game. Sounds like 3 point defense was the biggest culprit in allowing 140 points.

That said, I don't like the iso ball either, particularly when it entails highly contested outside jump shots on a low percentage, reduced ball movement, and longer rebounds that feed the other team's transition game. I'm not sure if that factored in to this game or not though, having missed a very good game to miss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: