View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
John Ireland to Wayne Ellington

"...we haven't talked to you since the thing with your dad......"

Seriously?? PLEASE get this man off the post game interviews. Please.

As somebody who's lost a parent I always refer to his death as situation or thing because it still bothers me to say his "death" or even worse in Wayne's case his dad's "murder", he probably just didn't want to use those words, calm down
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
lazard wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
lazard wrote:
Lakers up by 3 with 3 minutes to go:
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Hill FTs
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Young miss
OT

Saddest part is the 2 or 3 game winners Kobe hits this year will be more remembered than the 25 games that he helps he's team lose(happened with Jordan in Washington)

Happiest pat is Lin won't be here next year so you guys won't be here tearing down Kobe's play to make Lin look better.

anyone who shoots 3/11 in the 4th deserves to be ripped apart, whether its Kobe or any other player.

Rip him apart. I won't. 5 time Champ. 19 year legend. The 1 year rental for a draft pick isn't playing for the Lake Show next year, Kobe is.

This has nothing to do with Lin. Note that you were the one who brought him up above.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

lazard wrote:
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Hill FTs
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Young miss
OT

All we needed was one basket to seal the game. Everyone in the building knew where the ball was going, including the defense. We make it so easy for the other team.
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
pd24 wrote:
lazard wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
lazard wrote:
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Hill FTs
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Young miss
OT

Saddest part is the 2 or 3 game winners Kobe hits this year will be more remembered than the 25 games that he helps he's team lose(happened with Jordan in Washington)

Happiest pat is Lin won't be here next year so you guys won't be here tearing down Kobe's play to make Lin look better.

anyone who shoots 3/11 in the 4th deserves to be ripped apart, whether its Kobe or any other player.

Rip him apart. I won't. 5 time Champ. 19 year legend. The 1 year rental for a draft pick isn't playing for the Lake Show next year, Kobe is.

This has nothing to do with Lin. Note that you were the one who brought him up above.

Note it was all Lin fans ripping Kobe before I jumped in. You guys are not even Lakers fans. Makes me sick. You guys aren't about the purple and gold. Just about a mediocre point guard
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
freethrow wrote:
pd24 wrote:
lazard wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
lazard wrote:
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Hill FTs
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Young miss
OT

Note it was all Lin fans ripping Kobe before I jumped in. You guys are not even Lakers fans. Makes me sick. You guys aren't about the purple and gold. Just about a mediocre point guard

I saw a lot of people ripping Kobe's game tonight, and it was well deserved. I don't know why you feel the need to single out certain fans to antagonize them. Sounds like you're just here to make trouble.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

*sigh* Don't take the bait.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
freethrow wrote:
pd24 wrote:
lazard wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
lazard wrote:
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Hill FTs
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Young miss
OT

That's a strong word... check the join dates of those people... you probably lost your mind
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

It's just sad watching the twilight of Kobe's career.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan4life wrote:
TDRock wrote:
John Ireland to Wayne Ellington

"...we haven't talked to you since the thing with your dad......"

Seriously?? PLEASE get this man off the post game interviews. Please.

As somebody who's lost a parent I always refer to his death as situation or thing because it still bothers me to say his "death" or even worse in Wayne's case his dad's "murder", he probably just didn't want to use those words, calm down

Sorry for your loss, you aren't the only one BOTH of my parents are gone. Mom gone 1996, Dad gone 2006.

Just because I do not agree with you I'm not upset so I don't need to "calm down". I'm consistent in thinking Ireland is a mess, this is nothing new.

"We haven't spoken to you since your personal leave" doesn't mention death or murder AND doesn't sound like a teenager talking about a "thing".
lazard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

and he was playing so good the first 3 quarters...just couldn't resist the temptation.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:

He has said he didn't want to hang around as an 18 point per game guy but I think doing so would allow him to age so much more gracefully than pretending hes still 25. There are a lot of aging stars out there who are still doing well for their age but aren't trying to overdo it.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:

He has said he didn't want to hang around as an 18 point per game guy but I think doing so would allow him to age so much more gracefully than pretending hes still 25. There are a lot of aging stars out there who are still doing well for their age but aren't trying to overdo it.

I always knew Kobe would go out this way. He's not gonna dial it back one bit, just not in his makeup. Too bad it's hurting the team right now.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:

Kobe has nothing left to prove. He is one of the greatest players in the game of basketball. Exiting the stage the way he is doing right now is just sad to watch. I wish BS will stop playing Kobe so many minutes.
lazard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:

Kobe has nothing left to prove. He is one of the greatest players in the game of basketball. Exiting the stage the way he is doing right now is just sad to watch. I wish BS will stop playing Kobe so many minutes.

assuming BS has control of Kobe's minutes.
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:

I always knew Kobe would go out this way. He's not gonna dial it back one bit, just not in his makeup. Too bad it's hurting the team right now.

Team sucks. Playing with a backup point guard. Lol
Lam
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
freethrow wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:

Team sucks. Playing with a backup point guard. Lol

Just ignore those troll comments

i am lin friend and i think basketball is team ball. No need to blame teammates if some do not perform well. Learn it and do better next time
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
freethrow wrote:
pd24 wrote:
lazard wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
lazard wrote:
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Hill FTs
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Kobe miss
Young miss
OT

I regret to inform you all that pd24 will not be able to join us for a couple weeks. Let that be a lesson, not an encouragement...
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Kobe shot too much this game and didn't share the ball well but this idea that Lin is innocent is freaking crazy. Jeremy can't guard anyone. The other problem with this team is pathetic interior defense and rebounding.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:

lazard wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:

assuming BS has control of Kobe's minutes.

"Los Angeles Lakers coach Byron Scott said Wednesday that he and his star have, in fact, reached an agreement on the matter, but Scott declined to reveal the exact figure.

“His number was lower than mine,” Scott said after Lakers practice. “That surprised me. It helped me as well.”

Scott shared no specifics beyond saying the figure would be between 30 and 40 minutes per game."

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/16/kobe-bryant-and-byron-scott-agree-on-unprecedented-minutes-per-game-for-lakers-star/
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:

The mods here are legit. Lin fans, ya'll gotta stop getting so stirred up by trolls. The guy played pretty well tonight, no need to defend him from every little slight. He is a grown-ass man.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Edited: Never mind.

Last edited by Charisma on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
Kobe shot too much this game and didn't share the ball well but this idea that Lin is innocent is freaking crazy. Jeremy can't guard anyone. The other problem with this team is pathetic interior defense and rebounding.

i thought Kobe got the shots he wanted down the stretch, he just did not make them. I think he is still feeling out and try to get back the prime himself, not sure he will get back to that level though... uhm, Jeremy defended reasonably well tonight, he was bad in last game.... the whole team defended well tonight, not sure if you are talking about tonight or the season in general...
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Kobe's fault 100%

Up three with a minute or two left , misses all of his jumpers instead of driving to the basket and mixing it up.

Even his game winner attempt he had lane to drive but settled for the outside jumper. An we were in Bonus!

Tough stupid loss and Denver played poorly

He played great when he got the ball in the low post. I could tell when he was going to make a shot vs. brick one based on his positioning when he started his moves. He needs to be down in the low post more.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are just a bad team....
Good teams are able to pull out wins even when their offense isn't working.
Watching this game was probably more frustrating than the Clippers or Memphis games, since Denver was just as bad offensively, and this team doesn't encounter that many types of teams this season.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
This one's on BScott. That unit he had out there to start the fourth killed us.

And while it's easy to blame Kobe for those misses at the end, you have to wonder why he's taking those tough shots in the first place. Don't we run some kind of offense? Don't we run any plays? You can't tell me that Kobe iso is what BScott drew up on his clipboard...

There was one play fairly late in the 4th where Lin got Kobe the ball in the paint. Kobe didn't go up for the shot but left it for Hill who hesitated and then got fouled. Hill made 1 of 2 foul shots. I think Kobe should have shot it and probably would have got an and 1. That was a play.

Beyond that it was Kobe ISO or bring it up and get it to Kobe to ISO. Kobe's ISOs didn't come from moving the ball and getting it to him in a position for him to work less to get off his fadeaways and from less of a distance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60
Jump to: