Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60

View previous topic :: View next topic  
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
freethrow wrote:
This one's on BScott. That unit he had out there to start the fourth killed us.

And while it's easy to blame Kobe for those misses at the end, you have to wonder why he's taking those tough shots in the first place. Don't we run some kind of offense? Don't we run any plays? You can't tell me that Kobe iso is what BScott drew up on his clipboard...

There was one play fairly late in the 4th where Lin got Kobe the ball in the paint. Kobe didn't go up for the shot but left it for Hill who hesitated and then got fouled. Hill made 1 of 2 foul shots. I think Kobe should have shot it and probably would have got an and 1. That was a play.

Beyond that it was Kobe ISO or bring it up and get it to Kobe to ISO. Kobe's ISOs didn't come from moving the ball and getting it to him in a position for him to work less to get off his fadeaways and from less of a distance.

BScott more or less said in the postgame interview that he called for those Kobe isos to end the game, so I can't blame Kobe for simply running the play that his coach calls.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
It's just sad watching the twilight of Kobe's career.

He has said he didn't want to hang around as an 18 point per game guy but I think doing so would allow him to age so much more gracefully than pretending hes still 25. There are a lot of aging stars out there who are still doing well for their age but aren't trying to overdo it.

I always knew Kobe would go out this way. He's not gonna dial it back one bit, just not in his makeup. Too bad it's hurting the team right now.

There's a reservoir. He played beautifully in the first 3 quarters. He can be a great playmaker, just not be the closer all of the time. He can alternate scoring and playmaking with Swaggy and Lin. He wears down by the 4th, we've seen this play out a few times where he has a good percentage shooting and plays a balanced game until the 4th where he takes it upon himself to put the team's scoring on his shoulders and just doesn't make shots that he had energy to make earlier in his career.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
Kobe shot too much this game and didn't share the ball well but this idea that Lin is innocent is freaking crazy. Jeremy can't guard anyone. The other problem with this team is pathetic interior defense and rebounding.

I thought Lin played solid defense tonight overall. It was Lin not asserting his offense more that I criticize because in the 3rd, he was showing that he could put pressure on the Nuggets with his scoring and he was in a great rhythm. It didn't help that Byron put him in pretty late in the 4th after his hot 3rd.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
Kobe shot too much this game and didn't share the ball well but this idea that Lin is innocent is freaking crazy. Jeremy can't guard anyone. The other problem with this team is pathetic interior defense and rebounding.

I thought Lin played solid defense tonight overall. It was Lin not asserting his offense more that I criticize because in the 3rd, he was showing that he could put pressure on the Nuggets with his scoring and he was in a great rhythm. It didn't help that Byron put him in pretty late in the 4th after his hot 3rd.

if i were Byron, I would let Jeremy attack Lawson every trip down, Lawson picked up his third foul in the middle of third...
lakeshow83
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject:

I've been coming on this forum for a few years now but never registered. I've also observed the hate and disrespect shown to a certain lakers legend. Tonight's game was heartbreaker considering we had several chances to close the door on the nuggets, but blaming Kobe alone is downright silly and agenda driven. Kobe missed big down the stretch I will be the first admit and they were pretty good looks too. Kobe didn't get it done And get it, but what about those teammates he was supposed to be passing to instead of shooting? Jlin had a very good defensive game and pretty efficient offensively but was 0-4 from 3 which was exactly where he was on the floor while kobe iso'd. Swaggy P shot under 20% for the game from field!!! Wes shot 30% from the field!!! Who on would want jhill
Shooting in crunch time? Now who was he suppose to pass to? Could bscott have called another play? Probably. Could Kobe have just moved the ball to the open man? Maybe oh wait they single covered him so there was no open man!!! Last but not least taking those shots is exactly what the laker fo pay him 48mil to do. If there is complaint about kobe's game tonight you only have to look at one stat 43 minutes played 38 in regulation. If Kobe were only playing 35 min per night he might make more of those crunch time shots us laker fans are used to but playing him like he's still 25 is flat out moronic. No player 36 yrs old should be asked to play almost 40 min per night. Or you could complain about the offensive rebound that led to a 4 point possession which btw is what actually lost us the game.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject:

lakeshow83 wrote:
I've been coming on this forum for a few years now but never registered. I've also observed the hate and disrespect shown to a certain lakers legend. Tonight's game was heartbreaker considering we had several chances to close the door on the nuggets, but blaming Kobe alone is downright silly and agenda driven. Kobe missed big down the stretch I will be the first admit and they were pretty good looks too. Kobe didn't get it done And get it, but what about those teammates he was supposed to be passing to instead of shooting? Jlin had a very good defensive game and pretty efficient offensively but was 0-4 from 3 which was exactly where he was on the floor while kobe iso'd. Swaggy P shot under 20% for the game from field!!! Wes shot 30% from the field!!! Who on would want jhill
Shooting in crunch time? Now who was he suppose to pass to? Could bscott have called another play? Probably. Could Kobe have just moved the ball to the open man? Maybe oh wait they single covered him so there was no open man!!! Last but not least taking those shots is exactly what the laker fo pay him 48mil to do. If there is complaint about kobe's game tonight you only have to look at one stat 43 minutes played 38 in regulation. If Kobe were only playing 35 min per night he might make more of those crunch time shots us laker fans are used to but playing him like he's still 25 is flat out moronic. No player 36 yrs old should be asked to play almost 40 min per night. Or you could complain about the offensive rebound that led to a 4 point possession which btw is what actually lost us the game.

Yeah. Kobe's team mates struggled too. Kobe alone should not be blamed. Even younger players like Lebron struggles when he plays 40 minutes and above.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
bws94 wrote:
freethrow wrote:

And while it's easy to blame Kobe for those misses at the end, you have to wonder why he's taking those tough shots in the first place. Don't we run some kind of offense? Don't we run any plays? You can't tell me that Kobe iso is what BScott drew up on his clipboard...

There was one play fairly late in the 4th where Lin got Kobe the ball in the paint. Kobe didn't go up for the shot but left it for Hill who hesitated and then got fouled. Hill made 1 of 2 foul shots. I think Kobe should have shot it and probably would have got an and 1. That was a play.

Beyond that it was Kobe ISO or bring it up and get it to Kobe to ISO. Kobe's ISOs didn't come from moving the ball and getting it to him in a position for him to work less to get off his fadeaways and from less of a distance.

BScott more or less said in the postgame interview that he called for those Kobe isos to end the game, so I can't blame Kobe for simply running the play that his coach calls.

called for Kobe isos... brilliant coaching. lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LIN17
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject:

This video sums it all up. Kobe can miss 11 shots in a row and still have the confidence to shoot the 12th one. Gotta give him props for that.

Kobe: "Get the F**K out of the way."

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8B37FD54701148531863149817856_3d1e351ee16.0.1.11766395576332570309.mp4?versionId=oY_49UgH6YHbYro0gWCUJ42qh6IqbcTK

LOL at Swiggy's reaction. He is like "Yeah, okay... cool."

Lin's expression was just "Aw, f**k it."
Avada
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject:

LIN17 wrote:
This video sums it all up. Kobe can miss 11 shots in a row and still have the confidence to shoot the 12th one. Gotta give him props for that.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8B37FD54701148531863149817856_3d1e351ee16.0.1.11766395576332570309.mp4?versionId=oY_49UgH6YHbYro0gWCUJ42qh6IqbcTK

That's not admirable. That's just him being a stubborn fool.
trunkz550
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject:

People also forget that boozer got a dnp tonight. We may have needed some of his scoring although his D sucks.
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

Avada wrote:
LIN17 wrote:

That six seconds is a most descriptive vignette of the problem... not so much Kobe (Kobe is Kobe and has earned the right to be Kobe) but an abdicating coach not in charge LETTING Kobe "be Kobe"... the coach is to blame here, not Kobe who's competitive spirit and belief in himself must be channeled at this stage of his career, and if you don't have the testicular fortitude to do it, don't sign up to coach the Lakers and collect the paycheck to stand and fold your hands stoically on the sidelines.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject:

angus wrote:
Avada wrote:
LIN17 wrote:

That six seconds is a most descriptive vignette of the problem... not so much Kobe (Kobe is Kobe and has earned the right to be Kobe) but an abdicating coach not in charge LETTING Kobe "be Kobe"... the coach is to blame here, not Kobe who's competitive spirit and belief in himself must be channeled at this stage of his career, and if you don't have the testicular fortitude to do it, don't sign up to coach the Lakers and collect the paycheck to stand and fold your hands stoically on the sidelines.

It's still a parody of a huddle.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:

you must like lin because he was effective on defense this game. you must not know about Kobe. Kobe is Kobe. it would be easier for him if he just ran some plays instead of just ISOs.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
angus wrote:
Avada wrote:
LIN17 wrote:

It's still a parody of a huddle.

I was hoping it really was some sort of comedy parody when I first heard about it. I somehow missed this during the actual game so I didnt know it really happened.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
bws94 wrote:
freethrow wrote:

the thing is just because you have an iso called for you doesn't mean you HAVE to shoot the ball. You can pass to an open team mate, or pass to get better position and the ball back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60
Page 60 of 60
Jump to: