Ding: Nash key to recruiting Durant in 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
The Wizards will be the heavy favorites to get Durant. They have Wall(top 5 PG), Beal(top 5 SG), and Gortat at C. I don't think there's anything the Lakers could do to convince Durant to come here.

Even if we make the playoffs that won't be enough. The Wizards just have a better roster and they're in a easier conference, it's also his hometown team. We just have to build through the draft and hope to find a star, that's the only way we will be great in the next five years.

Kobe with fuel left in the tank, Randle and a top 3 15" pick and being a Laker over Wall/Beal/Gortat IMO. I think being a Laker along with a top end coach could sway him, along with Kobe/15' top 3 pick and randle?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
The Wizards will be the heavy favorites to get Durant. They have Wall(top 5 PG), Beal(top 5 SG), and Gortat at C. I don't think there's anything the Lakers could do to convince Durant to come here.

Even if we make the playoffs that won't be enough. The Wizards just have a better roster and they're in a easier conference, it's also his hometown team.

Kobe with fuel left in the tank, Randle and a top 3 15" pick and being a Laker over Wall/Beal/Gortat IMO. I think being a Laker along with a top end coach could sway him, along with Kobe/15' top 3 pick and randle?
I doubt it, the Wizards roster and that being his hometown team is just too good to pass up. I don't think OKC stands a chance either with Westbrook injury concerns. The Wizards are already a contender without him, with him they would probably be the favorites. I do think we will be better next year and have a good chance at getting Derozan in 2016.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
TBH i don't see Durant coming here

Then we will blame you.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Even if we make the playoffs that won't be enough. The Wizards just have a better roster and they're in a easier conference, it's also his hometown team. We just have to build through the draft and hope to find a star, that's the only way we will be great in the next five years.

Durant is a Thunder for the next few years, no one else is a heavy favorite to get him.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I don't think getting Durant is likely or something we should bank on in the least, though. Just don't see it happening. I just don't see us stealing him from OKC or him choosing us over the Wiz. Everything would have to go right from now to 2016. Randle comes back and has a big season, we nab the no. 1 pick and Okarfor looks like the real deal, etc.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Durant is a Thunder for the next few years, no one else is a heavy favorite to get him.
The Wizards have a great roster and his high school coach is there. He's only under contract for one more year with the Thunder, the Wizards have a better chance then just about anyone. There's not a better roster out there then Wall, Beal, and Gortat for Durant. The west is too tough, this will be the Warriors conference for the next 5 years. East is a easier path for Durant to win.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

I hope Durant doesn't talk to Pau Gasol.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:

It's more than likely he will.
Kobeling
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Nash will recruit Durant in 2026. He will tell him this is where the great players come to retire, like he did.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Oh c'mon! Does anyone actually buy this? Ding is just name-dropping the Lakers and KD to get hits on his article from desperate Lakers fans.

Nash's expiring contract and the conditions we put on the draft pick we traded to Phoenix for him are bigger keys to the Lakers future.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject:

hell, i would even open to have Nash as our head coach if Durant comes here because of him.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject:

They trying to fool the fans into thinking that the Nash trade was not terrible.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:

Pau just needs to show him the rings the Lakers got him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject:

this is ridiculous man, Ding you're an idiot.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Durant is just going to be another pipe dream and a waste of time like Carmelo Anthony was

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
Wouldn't this be considered tampering?

LakerLogic wrote:
They trying to fool the fans into thinking that the Nash trade was not terrible.

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
this is ridiculous man, Ding you're an idiot.

I agree. I don't believe an ounce of what Ding is spewing. It's just Steve Nash's publicist trying to save face for his client. I don't believe anything that this clown has to say about how Steve Ca$h will help later. If anything this could actually hurt our chances on Durant.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I think Durant has a better chance of going to the Big Apple than he has coming here. Being Jay-Z is his agent afterall....
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

we have absolutely 0% chance at KD.
even if we retool with young guys with great potential like a lineup of
R.Jackson, Randle, Towns --- KD will choose D.C.'s roster over ours.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Ding is the laker equivalent to Arash. They are "beat writers" with a homer agenda. Talk to me when KD signs on the dotted line, leaving Ibaka, Jones, RUSS and MORE MONEY on the table in the process
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

We need talent above all if we want a shot at a star like Durant. Money is always the first consideration for these guys, Durant isn't going to take a huge payout to go anywhere, but talent is number two. Even if Durant wants to leave OKC (and he might, if they can't compete by the time he hits free agency), he's going to go to a team that already has talent, not one that promises to somehow build around him the next year or two. The Wizards will have a tough pitch to beat, and depending on how far the cap goes up, we might have more competition we don't know about yet. Nash's input could help, but it would only be as an edge over another team that's in a similar position as us. I doubt Durant comes here on a hope and a prayer we can put players around him at some future date.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Only way we have a legit chance at Durant is if we can get a top 5 pick this year and sign some good 2nd tier talent or 1 big time superstar in summer 2015.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

"Hey Kevin. Come to the Lakers. We suck ass but at least we won't dump you when your contract becomes an albatross."

By far the most compelling argument KD will hear, I'm sure.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

This. If we don't improve our roster until 2016 and with that I don't mean a superstar, we have no chance against Wizards. None.
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
Who Takes The Blame wrote:
TBH i don't see Durant coming here
I could, i dont see him being scared of that Lakers Legacy like Howard. I think Durant would love to take on that challenge to be hanging from the rafters.

Just wondering. Why did Pau leave too? And Melo didn't sign. LBJ didn't want to come over.

Could it be that guys aren't afraid of playing in LA or anything about being compared to greats - rather than the fact that the Lakers have a team right now that no one who wants to win a championship would have any business playing on?

You know people said the same thing about the Royals in baseball. Not one "star" player but they got all the way to game 7 of the World Series.

Maybe it's a byproduct of today's society. You (general) want everything fast and already prepared. All laid out for you like a deli spread. How about just back your team and stop desperately panting after free agents who have loyalty to nothing execpt money.

Stoping making the franchise look like a desperate HS girl with no date for the prom. Chasing losers like Dwight Coward and Marshmellow Anthony.

Let these guys we have grow. If the lakers get a good pick them terrific. Groom Randle, and the Pick. There are some very solid pieces on this Roster. Ed Davis is a PnR beast and a defensive ace. Let him put on some size and he'll be better than Coward in 2 years. Lin is a solid starting PG for the next 5 years garuntee 15PPG/6 APG with good efficiency. Wes Johnson could be a good option to stretch the floor.

Groom Clarkson as a 2 guard. Keep Swaggy as the 6th man.

All this team is really missing is a good starting caliber defensive center and some bench depth.

Buying titles no longer is garunteed just look at the Yankees since 09.

Grow what you have one position at a time. This team is closer than you think.
For the whole real truth about Jeremy Lin and his toxic tenure with Houston and Kevin Mchale to a new beginning with the Lakers read my post on Pg 108 in "Official Jeremy Lin thread" posted 11/20/14 at 7:39pm.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Love looks like a likely signing this coming summer... have a friend of mine who is a UCLA booster and he told me that he's not happy at Cleveland as of now. Doesn't want to be the 3rd wheel, has chemistry issues with some of the cavs, coach has made him a spot up shooter lol and doesn't like Cleveland particularly.

Add Randle.

Add a top 5 pick... hopefully Okafor.

If Durant sees that the Lakers have a young frontcourt of Randle, Love and Okafor and he can comfortably play SG... he's coming. I'm calling it now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: