Analysis of the 4th Quarter in Denver w/ videos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject:

You stole this from /r/nba

But really, good post. THIS is type of criticism I can respect. Not the veiled, horse (bleep), half assed garbage ESPN and their ilk spews out.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Lin really needs to learn to play better off the ball.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:

But really, good post. THIS is type of criticism I can respect. Not the veiled, horse (bleep), half assed garbage ESPN and their ilk spews out.

I know. Really appreciate the post OP.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

I just want to reiterate that I did not create this post and wrote this in the OP. It is from reddit user dichloroethane. I even bolded this and and put a link to the source at the bottom. I also pm'ed the creator and let him know I posted it here.

It was well thought out enough that I thought LG would enjoy it as well given how lively the debate is here.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

i think coach failed this team... in the fourth quarter, those were all ISOs, Iso kobe, Iso Lin, Iso Ellinton, that's not not easy basketball for anybody...
Mikster
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
fafan wrote:
Don't know if this is true:

"Jeremy Lin tries to talk to Kobe to set a play. Kobe says "get the (bleep) out the way, 3 point don't worry I got this". Kobe wasn't be disrespectful, just saying he got this. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTowOz_MFA8

Nowhere in the lip reading or audio suggests at all that he said that.

Look Young's face like what the heck

LOL I notice that too..His face tell me that he doesn't want any part of this.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
Teammates cutting is a myth. Byron does not practice offense, so random cutting is probably even worse than Kobe ISO because it takes away things that Kobe could do. Plus, no one on this team is ever known for cutting to the basket. It can happen a couple of plays a game, but it will never be of much importance to the offense.

There are many other things that could be done to improve the offense. Shoot and make corner 3s, for example.

Yep. The cutting works best AFTER Kobe makes his move. Meaning if he can get to the basket, the defense will over commit and a cutter or trailer should be wide open. If they cut when he is posted up on the baseline, they're just bringing more defenders to that side of the floor and there's no passing lanes because he's way over on one side of the floor. If he does want to drive, it's too crowded to get anywhere so he probably has to shoot over two people instead of one.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject:

DALAKERSRULE wrote:
This is actually a very good breakdown.

not to mention that Kobe was probably fouled on some of the shots or when he took it to the rim, do you not think that guards like James Harden would have gotten the call on some of those drives ?/

how come no one is talking about the offensive rebound we gave up, that resulted in a 4 point play , that is what really put us in trouble.

Most of the time Harden jerked his head or went down against the Lakers the other night, no whistle was blown. If he was on the Lakers there would probably be threads about the referees hating him.
bevwenz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

I just want to reiterate that I did not create this post and wrote this in the OP. It is from reddit user dichloroethane. I even bolded this and and put a link to the source at the bottom. I also pm'ed the creator and let him know I posted it here.

It was well thought out enough that I thought LG would enjoy it as well given how lively the debate is here.

Tell him to come here and defend his post cuz he is imitating BScott for absolving Kobe of primary responsibility for the failures in #3,#5 and #12. If I was in a film session and was given the blame for the shooter's obvious failure in those 3 cases...think you could literally see the steam coming out of my ears.
DALAKERSRULE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
12 wrote:
DALAKERSRULE wrote:
12 wrote:
12 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
12 wrote:
Lack of talent... Lack of IQ... I'm surprised when people say Lin is one of the smartest players because he went to Harvard. During games, all I see him do is turn it over and stand in corners. When he cuts, he gets the ball, a smart player would know to keep cutting. When he dribbles and tries to create, he often turns it over, a smart player would know to stop turning it over.

Then we have the likes of Ellington, Wes, Clarkson and Price who have very unreliable jump shots. As a matter of fact, put Lin in that group too. You can't win in this league with unreliable jump shooters.

Yesterday, GT asked a question and the thread was locked so I couldnt respond. He asked if the other guys are so ineffective that Kobe is forced to take the load on himself? To answer that question, history has proven that Kobe is a closer, and those other guys are bonafide scrubs. After watching this breakdown, I can see why Kobe doesn't trust these guys. I wouldn't trust them either. With the game on the line, I'll go one on 3 before giving these losers the ball.

Kobe is in a shoot out, unfortunately all he has are butterknives.

Lin is shooting 48%, very un-reliable. Kobe avg's more TO's than anyone on the team. Talking about IQ, Kobe's supposed to be really smart yet he jacks up 30 shots a game, and 2/3rd's of those shots are awful...real smart.

Do you ever watch these games? Lin stands in one place for entire plays without trying to get involved. There are games where he takes 4 shots and calls it a night. I believe it was in 2006 when Kobe took himself out of game 7 against Phoenix by doing what Lin does every night. If Kobe took 5 open lay ups and 2 open threes, he'd average 70% too. But it's impossible to explain that to someone who never played the game. WATCH THE GAMES!!

Kobes turn overs are expecting someone to cut and throwing the ball to that place. A huge reason for that distrust. Lin's turnovers are because of his inability to handle the ball and getting it stolen or driving into traffic and getting blocked. And Kobe's IQ is something the Titans of this game appreciate and marvel at, I wouldn't expect someone who's never played a competitive game to understand.

I'm not trying to make Lin the reason for our losses. I'm just explaining why Kobe doesn't trust these guys and why he chooses to shoot 40 shots over giving them the ball.

There is a troll in this thread.......that is all I am going to say !!!

I'm not a troll. I don't have an agenda either. Sure, I'm a fan and I often have some bias but I don't purposely try to look for arguments. I'm sad you feel that way because I honestly enjoy and respect your posts...

I don't think he was referring to you.

12 I was not referring to you at all, there is a poster on this thread that only joined a few days ago, and most of his post are anti Kobe, the agenda is pretty clear....
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

DALAKERSRULE wrote:
SweetP wrote:
12 wrote:
DALAKERSRULE wrote:
12 wrote:
12 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
12 wrote:
Lack of talent... Lack of IQ... I'm surprised when people say Lin is one of the smartest players because he went to Harvard. During games, all I see him do is turn it over and stand in corners. When he cuts, he gets the ball, a smart player would know to keep cutting. When he dribbles and tries to create, he often turns it over, a smart player would know to stop turning it over.

Then we have the likes of Ellington, Wes, Clarkson and Price who have very unreliable jump shots. As a matter of fact, put Lin in that group too. You can't win in this league with unreliable jump shooters.

Yesterday, GT asked a question and the thread was locked so I couldnt respond. He asked if the other guys are so ineffective that Kobe is forced to take the load on himself? To answer that question, history has proven that Kobe is a closer, and those other guys are bonafide scrubs. After watching this breakdown, I can see why Kobe doesn't trust these guys. I wouldn't trust them either. With the game on the line, I'll go one on 3 before giving these losers the ball.

Kobe is in a shoot out, unfortunately all he has are butterknives.

Lin is shooting 48%, very un-reliable. Kobe avg's more TO's than anyone on the team. Talking about IQ, Kobe's supposed to be really smart yet he jacks up 30 shots a game, and 2/3rd's of those shots are awful...real smart.

Do you ever watch these games? Lin stands in one place for entire plays without trying to get involved. There are games where he takes 4 shots and calls it a night. I believe it was in 2006 when Kobe took himself out of game 7 against Phoenix by doing what Lin does every night. If Kobe took 5 open lay ups and 2 open threes, he'd average 70% too. But it's impossible to explain that to someone who never played the game. WATCH THE GAMES!!

Kobes turn overs are expecting someone to cut and throwing the ball to that place. A huge reason for that distrust. Lin's turnovers are because of his inability to handle the ball and getting it stolen or driving into traffic and getting blocked. And Kobe's IQ is something the Titans of this game appreciate and marvel at, I wouldn't expect someone who's never played a competitive game to understand.

I'm not trying to make Lin the reason for our losses. I'm just explaining why Kobe doesn't trust these guys and why he chooses to shoot 40 shots over giving them the ball.

There is a troll in this thread.......that is all I am going to say !!!

I'm not a troll. I don't have an agenda either. Sure, I'm a fan and I often have some bias but I don't purposely try to look for arguments. I'm sad you feel that way because I honestly enjoy and respect your posts...

I don't think he was referring to you.

12 I was not referring to you at all, there is a poster on this thread that only joined a few days ago, and most of his post are anti Kobe, the agenda is pretty clear....

Thanks for the clarification SweetP and DLR. It's a relief.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: