Lakers have been awarded a $4.85 million disabled player exception for Steve Nash
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Lakers have been awarded a $4.85 million disabled player exception for Steve Nash

According to @WindhorstESPN, the Lakers have been awarded a $4.85 million disabled player exception for Steve Nash. http://t.co/UVGqmGcR4b
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers have been awarded a $4.85 million disabled player exception for Steve Nash

Purp 32 wrote:
According to @WindhorstESPN, the Lakers have been awarded a $4.85 million disabled player exception for Steve Nash. http://t.co/UVGqmGcR4b

So no trade then?
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject:

we got 2 disabled player exceptions now...we'll probly get another one for x-henry. but who are we gonna sign? nobody out there who can make an impact and salvage this disappointing start.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers likely will use that exception to match salaries just in case a big trade scenario comes up.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Wish we could be awarded our draft picks back.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
The Lakers likely will use that exception to match salaries just in case a big trade scenario comes up.

I don't think it can be combined with anything else.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers will most likely use that to bid on Kirilenko once he's traded and or waived by his new team.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

There was some small speculation that Nash didn't need to sit out the year that Lakers just thought it was best he do so. I guess this proves it that he really can't play.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
The Lakers will most likely use that to bid on Kirilenko once he's traded and or waived by his new team.

The Lakers would be to smart to bring in a guy like AK47... and he will also probably would want to play for a contender... we have no chance to get him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I think they still have the option to trade right? As long as they don't use the exemption $$??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Here's one thought about the 4.85M exception... there is no one out there that is worth that exception besides maybe Ray Allen or Andrew Bynum.... I think the Lakers will likely hold onto it... and not use it.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

The Lakers would be to smart to bring in a guy like AK47... and he will also probably would want to play for a contender... we have no chance to get him.

One big hole for the Lakers is the SF position which is AK47's spot. The exception would be more than enough to make a bid on him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Why would we want AK47 given the state of our team and the state of his career?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
kentu_tiro wrote:

One big hole for the Lakers is the SF position which is AK47's spot. The exception would be more than enough to make a bid on him.

One big hole, eh? Only one? We have 10 big holes to fill. We suck.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

we need a backup pg and perhaps another starting/backup sf really bad...Ronnie price and ellington are garbage. AK47 and ray allen would be instant upgrades over Wesley Johnson too.
baker7007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I think the Lakers can use the exception AND trade Nash.....CBA loophole. Can anyone confirm? Emplay? Larrycoon?
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
we need a backup pg and perhaps another starting/backup sf really bad...Ronnie price and ellington are garbage. AK47 and ray allen would be instant upgrades over Wesley Johnson too.

So with your plan we'll try to make a push for the playoffs only to finish 10th in the west and miss the playoffs plus loose our draft pick to Phoenix. Lets dig a deeper hole. Great!
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

So with your plan we'll try to make a push for the playoffs only to finish 10th in the west and miss the playoffs plus loose our draft pick to Phoenix. Lets dig a deeper hole. Great!

it's still early..if we make a couple of tweaks to the roster and everybody put their acts together we can still make the playoffs. but it's obvious the team doesn't want to win this year. I don't really care if lakers make any more moves, they don't have a winning attitude right now. might as well just tank and get the 2nd worst record behind philly who's tanking harder than we are.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Here's one thought about the 4.85M exception... there is no one out there that is worth that exception besides maybe Ray Allen or Andrew Bynum.... I think the Lakers will likely hold onto it... and not use it.

Second time I've seen you bring Drew up today. Aside from his obvious injury history, do we know if he can even play? How long has it been since he's played at all? Much less play for any significant amount of time in a season?

IMO we don't need any more health question marks we've got plenty.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Spend it on Antoine Walker.

We don't want wins. If the Lakers actually spend it on a player who will help them win games, we'll know that the "stealth tank mode" is fan invention.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

How about Dorell Wright? He seems to have fallen out of the rotation in Portland and is a SF that can shoot which is something we need.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

No to both. Ray is old and worthless and Bynum is broken down and worthless.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

it's still early..if we make a couple of tweaks to the roster and everybody put their acts together we can still make the playoffs. but it's obvious the team doesn't want to win this year. I don't really care if lakers make any more moves, they don't have a winning attitude right now. might as well just tank and get the 2nd worst record behind philly who's tanking harder than we are.

You should have a long look at other team's roster and how they play basketball. We aren't a few tweaks away from contending for a playoffs spot. Plus Ray Allen is never coming here and adding old (or very old) injury prone players don't solve much.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

If by a few tweaks you mean adding a few superstars, then yes we are a few tweaks away from the playoffs. They can "want" to make the playoffs as badly as they want to, but we have the 2nd worse roster in the nba.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: