Lakers have been awarded a $4.85 million disabled player exception for Steve Nash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I am hoping/praying Mitch and the management gives us something to cheer on... with the possibility of adding a really solid player with that Nash exception... then if they also add another good player with a possible Nash trade.... the Lakers will diff play a lot more better with a few new juices added to the roster.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I am hoping/praying Mitch and the management gives us something to cheer on... with the possibility of adding a really solid player with that Nash exception... then if they also add another good player with a possible Nash trade.... the Lakers will diff play a lot more better with a few new juices added to the roster.

Uhm, you cant use the exception AND trade him.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks...
indy_dave000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Seems Pacers, Lakers and Thunder can't catch no breaks on injuries.

As a Pacer fan I'm shocked the team is 6-8 , so far this season Paul George , David West, George Hill and C J Watson have yet to play a game. Rodney Stuckey has missed 7 games, C J Miles has missed 6 and even Roy Hibbert missed last night and prob will miss Wed. vs. the Spurs with a sprained ankle.

I'm a bit surprised the Lakers haven't used their 1st injury exemption for having 4 players out already, the Pacers used theirs on pg A J Price who has avg. over 10 ppg off the bench.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

indy_dave000 wrote:
I'm a bit surprised the Lakers haven't used their 1st injury exemption for having 4 players out already, the Pacers used theirs on pg A J Price who has avg. over 10 ppg off the bench.

The Lakers might be holding out hope of making a trade.... if they add signed players to the roster... then it would be hard to receive players back in a trade... so hopefully for us ... that is why the Lakers haven't signed anyone because Quincy Miller was Impressive in a workout recently and he still hasn't signed.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Can only be used on one player and it has to be an expiring contract. Limits the actual targets but can be part of a bigger trade.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject:

indy_dave000 wrote:
Seems Pacers, Lakers and Thunder can't catch no breaks on injuries.

As a Pacer fan I'm shocked the team is 6-8 , so far this season Paul George , David West, George Hill and C J Watson have yet to play a game. Rodney Stuckey has missed 7 games, C J Miles has missed 6 and even Roy Hibbert missed last night and prob will miss Wed. vs. the Spurs with a sprained ankle.

They just got their first exemption. Indy got theirs earlier because George went down in the pre season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I will cheer and pray for a top 5 pick.
indy_dave000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Haven't the Lakers had 4 players out since Randle's injury on opening night?

The Pacers got their injury exemption for Paul George early. The 2nd the short term one allows a team to keep a 16th player on the roster if 4 or more players will miss 4 or more straight games. That's the one the Pacers signed Price with , when the Pacers have just 3 players out with injury perhaps as early as Friday if David West is healthy enough to play, they must cut a player. Unless a new 4th player will miss 4 or more games with an injury.

I had thought the Lakers had already got the temporary exemption and had not used it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject:

indy_dave000 wrote:

The Pacers got their injury exemption for Paul George early. The 2nd the short term one allows a team to keep a 16th player on the roster if 4 or more players will miss 4 or more straight games. That's the one the Pacers signed Price with , when the Pacers have just 3 players out with injury perhaps as early as Friday if David West is healthy enough to play, they must cut a player. Unless a new 4th player will miss 4 or more games with an injury.

I had thought the Lakers had already got the temporary exemption and had not used it.

They have an exception for Randle i believe, but it is small. And they just had the fourth guy go down for the long term so i don"t think they've been awarded an extra roster spot.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject:

indy_dave000 wrote:

Uhhhmmm....isn't it obvious that the Lakers' FO has been ever since they missed out on Melo and Bron?

Kiss my Converse.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
How about Dorell Wright? He seems to have fallen out of the rotation in Portland and is a SF that can shoot which is something we need.

my #1 option for a SF
Dorell, W. Bynum and Blatche....cut Price, Ellington, Xavier
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject:

What's the purpose of thoses moves though ? Finish 6th worse in the NBA at the end of the season ?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Uhm, you cant use the exception AND trade him.

But you can

Nash doesn't go anywhere after you use the DPE. It actually is legal for you to use the DPE, and then trade Nash in a separate deal.

For example, they could use Nash's DPE to sign someone. After doing that Nash still counts as a tradable asset. Which means if you found a team willing to take his contract you could also do that.

CBA is freaking strange but that is one of the legal things possible.

So we could basically do this

Use Nash's DPE to sign Player A

then afterwards

Trade Nash to team B for players B and C.

You'd basically just need the cap room. But he stays tradable. The team that receives him can't then ask for a DPE. That is what's illegal. But the DPE and Nash count as separate assets. I have no idea why it's that way, but it is X_X

Pincus even covered it as well but I can't find where I posted up how he explained it.

But you would have to use the DPE FIRST, and trade Nash second. Can't be done the other way around (trading Nash and keeping the DPE). You'd have to use the DPE first, and then trade Nash afterwards.

Quote:

Eric Pincus @EricPincus
DPE can be used - then Nash can be traded but not other way around

I dunno why the CBA has made it such, but that's how it stands.
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject:

Andray Blatche
MWP
Beasley
Carlos Delfino
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject:

It seems like management is okay with protecting that pick next year. We should be too.

Not one player comes to mind that the Lakers can add to fix this current situation.

Give the young bloods a chance to develop - play Clarkson more!
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

also how about trading Nash for Landry Fields? Fields as I recall was NY's starting SF and worked wonders with Lin that's why he got a huge contract in Toronto. Canada would welcome its fave son at the twilight of his career.
lemondrop
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

From that long list...I can't believe Royce White's name was on it.

He can't fly -- he will only be able to play at home and against the Clippers.

From the rest, I would suggest James Anderson. He's playing overseas right now but spent the beginning of his career in San Antonio.

Last season was with the Philly

I think he would be a good pick up and within budget
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

The Lakers will use that 4.5mil exception in a bigger trade. There's no way they can just get away with giving up Nash so they will add him and that exception to the fold.

LG we need to realize the Lakers most glaring need at this time, is a Defensive Minded Big that can Score the ball at least averaging 15 and 10.

Another PG or even a SF won't really do us any justice. It makes sense to pickup an Earl Clark simply because he's a good defender and brings more athleticism and youth to the 3/4 spot for the Lakers. If Price is released, Clarkson can easily slide into that role which would make more sense to develop him this year and get him ready for next. Any semblance of hope in us being competitive this year totally relies on a Nash/Exception trade with acquiring a Defensive/Scoring BIG on the last year of his deal.

More than likely the Lakers won't find that (I hope they do) and will ride the season out letting Kobe get closer to the scoring title without injury. (fingers crossed)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: