This team is garbage - Forget My pre-road trip prediction.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many will we win?
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: This team is garbage - Forget My pre-road trip prediction.

So much for my predictions. This team sucks.

1-6. Book it. That = a loss tomorrow night if we play like we did tonight. Like kobe2lamar said, perhaps its a blessing in disguise that we are tanking like this cause now phil has to do something.

To that I thought this team could play d. This was my prediction before they headed out on the road trip.

Hey all, the Lakers are about to head out on a major road trip after they play GS tonight. IMO this is a very critical stretch. Though we are in the 7th spot there are tons of teams like Utah, GS, NO and now the Queens that could get into the playoff race.

So how do u think we'll do on this road trip? Here are my predictions:

Sun, Jan 29 Lakers @ Detroit : This will be a very tough game. I predict an L . After all only 5 teams have beaten them as of yet.

Tue, Jan 31 Lakers @ New York
This won't be an easy game but I predict a W.

Wed, Feb 1 Lakers @ Indiana
This is will also be a tough game imo even without JO cause the Pacers always come to play. Plus its the backend of a back-to-back. I'll go with a W.

Fri, Feb 3 Lakers @ Charlotte
Not a good team but they work their butts off. A W.

Sat, Feb 4 Lakers @ NO/Okla. City
Another back-to-back game. Hmmm, I'm hoping for a W. Teams get up for the Lakers and the crowd will be into it.

Tue 7 Lakers @ Dallas
Dallas will want revenge for Kobe's 62. I don't know if we can get this one. L.

Wed 8 Lakers @ Houston
The last time we played this team..lets just say I wanted to seriously harm LO, Kwame and Mihm for letting Tmac get to the basket without any resistance. Oh and lets not forget DG and his great D on him. lol. This is the second game of a back-to-back. Hmm, Since I had an L for the Dallas game I'll go with a W here.

Basically thats 5-2. At the worst we should end up with a 3-4 road trip.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06

Last edited by kemi4kobes on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

5-2. Anything less would be disappointing.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

The way I see there are 5 must win games on this schedule.

Must Win Games
1. NY- its freaking NY
2. NO- its freaking NO
3. Houston- Talented to beat L.A. but this is about pride from the last meeting.
4. Charlotte - its freaking Charlotte
5. Indiana - They need to take advatage without O'neal

That Leaves 2 Stud teams
Detroit - in a league all of their own!
Dallas- they will be tough to beat for the 3rd straight time, and Stack is back.

Anything less than 5-2 will be a huge disappointment!
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

With those back-to-backs and playing against the best team in the league, I'd be ecstatic if we went 4-3. I'm thinking we end up with 2-5 or 1-6 record on this one. And yes, 0 - 7 wouldn't surprise me. 7 - 0 is even more improbable than Kobe scoring 100...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

I really don't like how the team is playing right now. May be the 4 days off and Artest being traded to Sacramento will help push some urgency and give some stability to these guys.

I think we'll go 4-3 with wins over NY, Ind, Char, and Dallas. We have Dallas' #.

If we get the Houston game I'd be satisfied with going 5-2.

I think NO plays too fast for us to handle them on the 2nd game of a back to back.

Detroit will expose the weakness of our role players.

Indiana without JO should let Kwame and Mihm have good games.

Houston- who knows on the last game of a road trip. We are young and Houston plays well at home with McGrady in the line up.

New York will be a media fest - Larry vs Phil; NY vs LA; etc.... It will come down to outworking their young men.

Charlotte is missing Okafor and that means Kwame won't get overly embarressed the whole time he's out there. We can get this one.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

3-4, this is going to be tough, I just hope we can keep our heads above water. Although this team has suprised me on the road, so hopefully im wrong.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

Oh, fine, let me analyze too, then:

Goes without saying that every single team here will be playing their hardest to stop Kobe from scoring.

1. Detroit - 35-5, just running people over. No shame in losing here.
2. New York - Steph's back and playing within the system, defense improving, Larry Brown settling on a rotation. Plus, they've got the home crowd behind them. Could lose this one easy if we lose focus.
3. Indiana - End of a back-to-back. No JO should help, but I'm not trusting these 2nd games of a back-to-back; especially on the road.
4. Charlotte - Could be our best chance for an easy win here. I am being tentative, especially if our morale is low on the road after losing three straight.
5. Oklahoma City/NO - Don't underestimate these guys. They're in the hunt for a playoff spot, and Paul's playing out of his mind. Again, second game of a back-to-back... Loss is entirely possible.
6. Dallas - They are going to be primed to beat up on us, especially on the tail-end of an exhausting trip. Revenge on their minds. Could get ugly.
7. Houston - 3 back-to-backs in a row, might be too much to handle. T-Mac will want to show the world he's in Kobe's league. We should've taken them at home... Arrgh...

So, there my 1-6/2-5 explanation. 0-7 if we just lose focus in Charlotte.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

5-2 sounds good but this team wouldn't surprise me by going 2-5 beating Detroit and Dallas then losing to everyone else!
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
With those back-to-backs and playing against the best team in the league, I'd be ecstatic if we went 4-3. I'm thinking we end up with 2-5 or 1-6 record on this one. And yes, 0 - 7 wouldn't surprise me. 7 - 0 is even more improbable than Kobe scoring 100...

no offense pokoy but if we go 0-7 on this road trip i'm pulling out my hair!! were going to get at least ONE win
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

Det:..... Well rounded team effort will do the job here.........HUH!....rewind,no way,nice to think so,but..................This is the ultimate team,no matter how we play at this point with this squad,we cannot win.Only way for a "W" here is if Kobe goes off big time.....gets in a groove and gets into deep strike mode.......

NY:.....Run and gun these days.....Big city lights will turn players on,Kobe will want to show his goods in major limelight......expect extra large numbers from Kobe and a high scoring affair......lakers on top here...........

Pacers:..... No O'neil......2nd of a back to back......Will be a grind out beat em up,drag em out fight......But with Kobe,we should get a "W" by pulling it out late in the 4th.......

Charlotte:...... A should win.....have to watchout for a let down.....A game where we must play with intensity,and not wait until the end to pull out,get the main guys extra rest for the next game of the back to back.......Pull out a bigger lead early,and cruise to the end.....

NO/Okla. City:...... Will be a nail-biter,the 2nd of a back to back........a tough grind em out fight,mush like the Pacer game.......I think Kobe is the difference,and will give us that extra something for the "W"....A close one,but one we should get.....

Dallas:........ A wild one...the Mavs will look for sweet revenge,but they better watch out,because Kobe will be looking to deal them another
"L".....I feel Kobe has there number big time,and while he does not have to have "62" against them,he will have large numbers,and they will be enough for a victory......We will have to keep them down well enough with some strong "D" as well.do not allow them to go over there normal numbers,with this it allows Kobe to out do them once again......lakers in a close one....large numbers for him again.....

Rockets........Tmac will come out with a game face on,to show Kobe a little of what he can do too......The Lakers will be in the 2nd of a back to back,and at the end of a long hard road trip........but hopefully a winning one,where we will want to go home in style......Without Yao playing,we should win this one,no excuses.....

I think we have a very good chance of going 5-2,even 6-1......I hope we have no real slip ups.......If we get to that 5-2 or better trip,we are sitting real prety after this....and can make a great run at first in the Pacific,and a #2 seed for the play-offs.......This trip is huge for any chances at the division title......
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

5-2 seems about right, the two Ls coming @Det and @Dal.

As for Detroit, off topic here a little, but in those 5 losses, only 4 teams beat the Pistons. Utah, somehow, swept the 2 games this year.

Their losses were
@ Dallas (2nd night of back-to-backs)
at home vs. Washington (in 2 OTs)
@Utah (2nd night of back-to-backs)
@Cleveland
at home vs. Utah (both on 2nd night of back-to-backs)

I'm sure you're all aware of that, it just is so impressive thus far what they've done.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

3-4.

W. Indiana, Charlotte, Dallas
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

Detroit in Detroit will be very tough, but the other games can be won. How about 5-2?
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
5-2 seems about right, the two Ls coming @Det and @Dal.

As for Detroit, off topic here a little, but in those 5 losses, only 4 teams beat the Pistons. Utah, somehow, swept the 2 games this year.

Their losses were
@ Dallas (2nd night of back-to-backs)
at home vs. Washington (in 2 OTs)
@Utah (2nd night of back-to-backs)
@Cleveland
at home vs. Utah (both on 2nd night of back-to-backs)

I'm sure you're all aware of that, it just is so impressive thus far what they've done.
im extremely impressed with Detroit.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

6-1, only loss coming to Detroit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only FOUR teams haven't beaten the Pistons this year, with Utah sweeping the season series...
LakerLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

5-2
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

7-0 YES THE LAKERS WILL MAKE A STATEMENT ON THIS TRIP INCLUDING DETROIT!!! IF THIS TEAM IS TO GO ANYWHERE IN THE PLAYOffs now is the time to do it....

cmon LA 7-0 Im rooting for you guys 100% of the way
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Why is everyone predicting a loss in Detriot? We are going 5-2 but we won't lose to Detroit.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

5-2 looks real..Losses come from Detroit and a toss up between Dallas/Houston. If we can get this record, ill be more than happy. As a matter of fact, ill take a 4-3, if we manage to pull a victory over Pistons. I think a win over them would increase team spirits
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Detroit has those beer cups and chairs to throw at the Lakers.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

i am hoping 5-2 or 4-3 but with that said i think the dallas game is huge. not because we will catch them. but if we can beat them again it would help the young lakers confidence if we seem them come playoff time. i want the dallas game bad
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Hey Detroit? Whaddidthe five fingers say to the face?

SUHHHHHHLLLLLLAPPPP!!!!!

7-0
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Why is everyone predicting a loss in Detriot? We are going 5-2 but we won't lose to Detroit.

If we beat Detroit, I won't post here for a week.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I talk my spit, but us beating Detroit.... and IN Detroit no less, pretty unlikely

Dallas on the other hand, well all season I've said we match up well against them.

I predicted we'd beat 'em both times we played them so far, and I think we could pull out a third.

I agree with some though, Dallas will be awfully pumped to take us out and get some revenge.

I think those saying 5-2 with losses to Detroit/Dallas are probably on the right track.
BigRedApple13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

@DET-Lakers will be exposed defensively, especially with the Billups/Sheed picks/screens and the Wallaces will manhandle Mihm/Kwame on the glass. I think the Lakers will have to jump out big in the 1st half (by forcing turnovers and making their open 3's) and find a way to hold the lead late in the game. DET Wins (0-1)

@NY-The Lakers will have no problems scoring against the Knicks. The only way the NYK win is if the Lakers fail to put them away in the 3rd QT and Curry/Frye get going in the 4th to pull off the upset. LAL Wins (1-1)

@IND-Even without Jermaine, the Pacers will be up for this one. Peja may provide a temporary spark in the games before this one, and Indy still has enough talent and the coaching to beat the Lakers at home. Because of their current slump, I'm picking LA but I won't be shocked if Foster is bullying Mihm, Harrison is posterizing Kwame again and Jackson, Sarunas and Peja are lighting us up from 3. LAL Wins (2-1)

@CHA-If the Laker defense is just average, they will be able to handle the Bobcats and their injured team. LAL Wins (3-1)

@NOK-2nd of a back2back. If the Lakers struggle the night before in CHA, they will definitely lose this one. I can see West and Brown doing damage in the paint, Birdman flying all over the court, C.Paul continuing to shine in the spotlight and the Lakers being slow to keep up. NOK Wins (3-2)

@DAL, @HOU - Another back2back set on the road and the Lakers will lose at least 1 of these two. Which one?

I'm going with the payback formula and say the Lakers will take the Rocket game and lose a tough one in Dallas. Shootout in Dallas, all the big names do their thing (Kobe 43, Dirk 31, Terry 24, Stack 20, Odom 16, Mihm 15).With the Lakers down 1, George hits a big 3 with 17 secs left. Dal gets it back, LAL makes the initial stop but doesn't secure the board, ball swings to Terry for 3, Ballgame.

In Houston, Kobe/Tracy go toe-to-toe in a classic showdown (Kobe 41, Tracy 40) but Lamar is the X-Factor with a 23 pt, 13 reb, 7 ast game to Spoil Yao's return. Lakers by 6.

4-3 Road Trip with 8 straight games in Staples to follow, good enough for me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: