The Return of Earl Clark
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Maybe it's a sign that they are finally realizing that playing Wes close to 40 min may not be the greatest idea after all.

isnt earl more of a 4 than a 3?
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Return of Earl Clark

valaker24 wrote:
@WojYahooNBA 3m3 minutes ago
Lakers, Earl Clark working on a one-year deal, league sources told Yahoo. He's averaging nearly 30 points for Houston's D-League affiliate.

Earl Clark with 6 3-pointers -- including one to force OT -- vs. Bakersfield Jam

Earl Clark scores 30 points as Rio Grande Valley Vipers beat Austin Spurs

Earl Clark nets 29 points as Rio Grande Valley Vipers beats Oklahoma City Blue

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Maybe it's a sign that they are finally realizing that playing Wes close to 40 min may not be the greatest idea after all.

isnt earl more of a 4 than a 3?

ya, so. lol
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Return of Earl Clark

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
valaker24 wrote:
Lakers, Earl Clark working on a one-year deal, league sources told Yahoo. He's averaging nearly 30 points for Houston's D-League affiliate.

Earl Clark with 6 3-pointers -- including one to force OT -- vs. Bakersfield Jam

I didnt even know EC could dribble the ball When he was here all he would do was catch and shoot

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Return of Earl Clark

pkflyers wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
valaker24 wrote:

I didnt even know EC could dribble the ball When he was here all he would do was catch and shoot

He had several fast breaks where he handled the ball. People were calling him a poor man's Lamar Odom.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Return of Earl Clark

Reflexx wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
valaker24 wrote:

He had several fast breaks where he handled the ball. People were calling him a poor man's Lamar Odom.

he's not much more than Ryan Kelly off the dribble truthfully.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Return of Earl Clark

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
valaker24 wrote:

I think Ryan Kelly is actually a pretty decent ball handler. Better than Earl right now. Kelly's got a really bright future. I wish he wasn't a victim of our medical staff right now.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The Return of Earl Clark

Rawr wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
valaker24 wrote:

I think Ryan Kelly is actually a pretty decent ball handler. Better than Earl right now. Kelly's got a really bright future. I wish he wasn't a victim of our medical staff right now.

ya i agree.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I believe Clark is better than Kelly in the open court. He can go coast to coast and there is no hint of awkwardness in his dribble.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I believe Clark is better than Kelly in the open court. He can go coast to coast and there is no hint of awkwardness in his dribble.

I spotted a lot of awkwardness in his handle during his run here with us. It's the reason why he didn't take PFs off the dribble as much as he should have. Also the reason why he's pretty ineffective at the SF position. He can't beat any SF off the dribble.

I had much higher hopes for his handle. Ate up Clarksanity, but i knew he wasn't very skilled.
loki05
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

well, where is he????
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject:

loki05 wrote:
well, where is he????

Still in the D league where he will probably remain.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering if Scott put Ellington in at the end of last game to give him an opportunity to prove that he deserves to stay.

Maybe the front office is looking at cutting Ellington or Price, and they need to see them play more.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject:

so uh...where's he at?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject:

So... is this not happening?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakers called Earl..."Um sorry. We forgot Quincy Miller was available. He has more upside because he's younger. K thanks. Bye"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
so uh...where's he at?

Reflexx wrote:
So... is this not happening?

Lakers can officially add a 16th player. Byron said they won't add another player until after the 3 game road trip.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Earl Clark Named D-League Player Of The Month

Quote:
Earl Clark Named D-League Player Of The Month

Earl Clark has been named NBA Development League Player of the Month for games played in November. The honor, the first of the 2014-15 season, is also the first of Clark’s NBA D-League career.

Clark helped the Vipers to a 4-3 record to start the 2014-15 season. The team was 4-0 in games he competed in. For the month, Clark led the Vipers in scoring (28.8 ppg), good for second-best in the NBA D-League, while shooting 45 percent (42-of-93) from the floor. He also averaged 7.3 rebounds and was third in the league in blocks (3.3 bpg).

Clark scored in double figures in all four games he played in, including a 35-point outing to secure a 151-148 triple-overtime road win over the Bakersfield Jam on Nov. 18.

Other players receiving consideration for the monthly award were Bakersfield’s Elijah Millsap, Idaho’s Kevin Murphy, Maine’s Tim Frazier, Reno’s Brady Heslip, and Texas’ Eric Griffin.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235727/Earl-Clark-Named-D-League-Player-Of-The-Month-For-November
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:

EAZY EARL CLARK:
Quote:
has already taken to Instagram to picture himself in the familiar colors:

EAZY EARL
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

If Kelly's healthy Earl seems redundant. I was hoping he could pick up some slack for Wes but he's playing really well as of late.

Current rotation is working on some mojo/chemistry. Not sure I would mess with it given how fragile the foundation is.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

Earl would give us some defensive length that we've been missing. I don't see him getting too much burn, but I can see him subbing in at PF when we're "going small", even though he's not really that small.
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject:

What most of you fail to remember is that Earl was a defensive type first, and the Lakers need defensive stoppers. He's not expected to score heavily, but he can at times, which pretty much sums up this team....inconsistent.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

Best thing about Clark is he'll get to play backup 4 which means Davis gets to be 5 and Sacre gets to cheer on the bench.

So hopefully shall everyone remain healthy our lineup looks like this

Jeremy Lin
Kobe Bryant
Wesley Johnson
Carlos Boozer
Jordan Hill

bench
Ronnie Price
Wayne Ellington
Nick Young
Earl Clark
Ed Davis

An Earl Clark Ed Davis 4/5 combination is pretty good defensively for the interior.

You could even run a 3/4/5 lineup of Wes, Clark and Davis as well.

Having a stretch 4 that can play defense helps not only our spacing but our offense in general and Earl playing defense is a bonus to that.

All he has to do is knock down open shots and play defense. Not too much or too little to ask
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Return of Earl Clark

Rawr wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
valaker24 wrote:

Yeah Vitty has to stop smacking player's hamstrings with a bat. Bad Vitty.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Given that the most success Clark has seen as a pro came in LA, it makes sense that he would want to return. But what, if anything, can he offer to the Lakers to make this signing worthwhile?

Maybe the biggest contribution he can offer is front-court versatility, especially on the defensive end. Clark is not a banger, but his 6-10 and 225 lbs. frame allows him to guard bigger guys down low when the situation (or player availability) makes it necessary. At the same time, his athleticism will give the Lakers something they have lacked up to this point.

THE DUKE OF EARL
(link)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: