**** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (11/28/14) ****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if management steps in tomorrow this crap is getting out of land... the lakers are running out of excuses either admit your wrongdoing or send someone packing... Stupid drunks.

Yea, they were just waiting until the outcome of this game before the pull the trade for Anthony Davis, right?
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject:

Just something to think about for all those who say Jeremy is too inconsistent

Lin has a chance Sunday to finish November at 50%/40%/85%

After tonight he's 49%/ 38%/ 84%

He has to shoot 50% from FG
He has to be at least 2/2 from three

He could get to 90%FT but he would have to go like 10/10 which isn't likely.

He's current at 12.6 PPG. He he can score 20 points Sunday then he will finish at 13 PPG which statistically this will be his best November statwise in his career.
For the whole real truth about Jeremy Lin and his toxic tenure with Houston and Kevin Mchale to a new beginning with the Lakers read my post on Pg 108 in "Official Jeremy Lin thread" posted 11/20/14 at 7:39pm.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Laker Intervention wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
KOBE TANK COMMANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a piece of BLEEP thing to say. We got outscored 13-4 in the last 4 mins and Kobe scored those 4 and put up 26, 5, 5, 5 on 10-18 shooting. Seriously.

The people who want us to tank but still watch games confuse me. If you're on the tank vibe, cool - but you still watch games to hope to lose? And still spend your time to also post about it here…. on a Friday night? smh

It does seem strange.
So I guess after we start back winning, they start back hoping we win.
Is that technically the definition of a bandwagon fan? (just sayin')

Actually, I'm a realist fan. We arn't going anywhere this season and losing will help us get better in the long run, by acquiring a high draft pick. Blind fans can keep cheering for mediocre rosters (D-leaguers) and take to heart the championship aspirations that the Front Office proclaimed this year with this sorry as$ squad.
Lakers Team
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
angus wrote:
...it never makes sense to punish/bench Lin for 'mistakes' because he is an aggressive-make-your-own-shots-hi-risk player that on balance gives your team ball movement exciting facilitation that OVER TIME works... check out e.g. his efficiency being in top 5 of all PGs in NBA, his being 2nd only to Lebron in the NBA in finishing at the rim despite no one else feeding him there or plays designed just for him...

Lavine was torching Lin for career highs tonight, that was exciting I agree

It wasn't so much torching Lin. Lavine is a lot longer than Lin. His shots were falling, he got into a rhythm, he got into a zone, and he just had a career night. Lin should have played Mo better. Lin played well on offense with just a few bad plays. But he made some big ones too.

Lavine scored a lot of points on Lin, but I don't know what Lin could have done when the guy got hot. All you can do is put a hand in the man's face and Lin did just that.

Lin could've crowded him and denied him the ball or make it harder for him to get a shot off. Lin could have done a lot of things better, and I don't blame Scott for trying a different look, I'm actually impressed that Scott tried a different look.

I would be more impress if Scott does :

- Pick and roll (help defense) practice > Conditioning practice

- Team defense > 1 on 1 defense

- Team 4th quarter evaluation > Individual evaluation

Last edited by Lakers Team on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Sniper008, I would agree with you if BScott was consistent with this strategic logic up until now. I don't quite understand why Lin was being held accountable all of the sudden when other players have been playing horrible defense as well and not receiving such treatment.

Nothing wrong with questioning this decision, if James Worthy questions it there must be some validity to this critcism.

There is some validity to it but it probably has something to do with the fact that Lavine is a Rookie. I was shocked that Scott made some type of in game adjustment for the first time this season tho it turned out to be a bone-headed one. However, Lin should take it personal if a ROOKIE is going off on you, body him up, rookies don't get calls, Lin could've gotten a way with a lot! to prevent Lavine from going off. Just look at Kobe for example he took Wiggins to school tonight. There was a reason Wiggins was mentally checked out all game, Kobe took it to him early. Lin should watch and learn.

With 3 min left. Yeah wouldn't it be better if done earlier? and I already mentioned Lin took it back to lavine and scored. Lin was not mentally out. You are trying to come up with excuses.

You're not making any sense, Lin allowed a rookie to go off on him he got benched, and that's the end of that. The reason Lavine went off tonight is the same reason Curry always has one of his best statistical games against us. Lin needs to develop a mean streak if he wants to continue to be a starter in this league.
You're logic makes no sense. Lavine did most of his scoring int he 2nd and 3rd yet Lin played the whole third. Why didn't he get subbed out in the 3rd like normal and then come back in with 6 min left in the game?
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Sniper008, I would agree with you if BScott was consistent with this strategic logic up until now. I don't quite understand why Lin was being held accountable all of the sudden when other players have been playing horrible defense as well and not receiving such treatment.

Nothing wrong with questioning this decision, if James Worthy questions it there must be some validity to this critcism.

There is some validity to it but it probably has something to do with the fact that Lavine is a Rookie. I was shocked that Scott made some type of in game adjustment for the first time this season tho it turned out to be a bone-headed one. However, Lin should take it personal if a ROOKIE is going off on you, body him up, rookies don't get calls, Lin could've gotten a way with a lot! to prevent Lavine from going off. Just look at Kobe for example he took Wiggins to school tonight. There was a reason Wiggins was mentally checked out all game, Kobe took it to him early. Lin should watch and learn.

With 3 min left. Yeah wouldn't it be better if done earlier? and I already mentioned Lin took it back to lavine and scored. Lin was not mentally out. You are trying to come up with excuses.

You're not making any sense, Lin allowed a rookie to go off on him he got benched, and that's the end of that. The reason Lavine went off tonight is the same reason Curry always has one of his best statistical games against us. Lin needs to develop a mean streak if he wants to continue to be a starter in this league.
You're logic makes no sense. Lavine did most of his scoring int he 2nd and 3rd yet Lin played the whole third. Why didn't he get subbed out in the 3rd like normal and then come back in with 6 min left in the game?

+1
Lavine was scoreless in the fourth quarter so it makes no sense to sit Lin at that point for defensive reasons. We were actually playing solid defense on him in the fourth. Anyway BScott made his move and we lost another game we should have won and that's the end of that.
kastuul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject:

I don't know why the Lakers can't set a play to shoot 2pts in the last 2sec.

Non-sense to shoot 3.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject:

That would require the coach to draw up an actual play.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:

Non-sense to shoot 3.

might as well shoot the last shot from middle of the court. I bet Kobe will the rim too. Just idiotic.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Who were they fooling - last play was a Kobe brick attempt. This team is so easy to defend in the final 5 minutes of any game.

That's why Kobe shot the three. That was really the only surprise, as Minne was expecting Kobe to shoot a midrange 2. The the three ball gave Kobe separation, but then Kobe's not a good three point shooter, particularly at a point during the game when his legs are giving out.

Kobe is not as good three point shooter as he used to be, but not as bad as you think.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Laker Intervention wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
KOBE TANK COMMANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a piece of BLEEP thing to say. We got outscored 13-4 in the last 4 mins and Kobe scored those 4 and put up 26, 5, 5, 5 on 10-18 shooting. Seriously.

The people who want us to tank but still watch games confuse me. If you're on the tank vibe, cool - but you still watch games to hope to lose? And still spend your time to also post about it here…. on a Friday night? smh

It does seem strange.
So I guess after we start back winning, they start back hoping we win.
Is that technically the definition of a bandwagon fan? (just sayin')

Actually, I'm a realist fan. We arn't going anywhere this season and losing will help us get better in the long run, by acquiring a high draft pick. Blind fans can keep cheering for mediocre rosters (D-leaguers) and take to heart the championship aspirations that the Front Office proclaimed this year with this sorry as$ squad.

I'm not blind or delusional. It's obvious that we suck.
Rooting for your team to win or lose has no effect on the outcome of games. I'm just a fan not a member of the FO so there is nothing I can do to change the outcome or direction of the franchise therefore I choose to support the efforts of the players regardless of their record. This is not a video game this is real life. Once you give up hope it's hard to get it back.
Most nights we know that we won't win and I hope we do get the top 5 pick but that does not guarantee that we get a great player. Either way I'm always pulling for our team and FO to give a winning effort because losing breeds a losing attitude and in sports that's a hard mindset to change once it sets in. Just ask Philly..
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Who were they fooling - last play was a Kobe brick attempt. This team is so easy to defend in the final 5 minutes of any game.

That's why Kobe shot the three. That was really the only surprise, as Minne was expecting Kobe to shoot a midrange 2. The the three ball gave Kobe separation, but then Kobe's not a good three point shooter, particularly at a point during the game when his legs are giving out.

Kobe is not as good three point shooter as he used to be, but not as bad as you think.

No, he had a lot of gas left in the tank, as evidenced by the two missed FTs late in the fourth, both short. Not to mention the three, which was aligned with the basket, but also fell short. If you think the key is for Kobe to shoot from distance when he was obviously fatigued, I don't know what to say.

Last edited by angrypuppy on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
Lin's the scapegoat on the team. Every team has one, you take him out because he made a few bad plays? He was playing great offensively the whole game. His defense left a lot to be desired, but heck at that point nobody was playing defense anyway. Ed Davis wasn't even in the game...BS needs to be held accountable for his poor decisions.

Lin was benched this one game. OK. But I don't see him as the scapegoat on the team, not by Byron Scott anyway. Scott has talked about the big's bad defense, Boozer and Hill, when he called out the players, not Lin's. Scott, for the most part, has been fair to Lin. I think he doesn't manage his minutes well, but I don't think he is any scapegoat except by some fans but fans always make some player a scapegoat, not only Lin.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:
Lin's the scapegoat on the team. Every team has one, you take him out because he made a few bad plays? He was playing great offensively the whole game. His defense left a lot to be desired, but heck at that point nobody was playing defense anyway. Ed Davis wasn't even in the game...BS needs to be held accountable for his poor decisions.

Lin was benched this one game. OK. But I don't see him as the scapegoat on the team, not by Byron Scott anyway. Scott has talked about the big's bad defense, Boozer and Hill, when he called out the players, not Lin's. Scott, for the most part, has been fair to Lin. I think he doesn't manage his minutes well, but I don't think he is any scapegoat except by some fans but fans always make some player a scapegoat, not only Lin.

Boozer come to mind (rightfully so )
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

We are not tanking; we have already TANKED!

THE TANKING WAS DONE IN THE OFF-SEASON.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
trunkz08 wrote:

The Lakers led pretty much the entire game and then lost it in the last three minutes, which is around the same time that Lin was benched. Did any reporters ask Byron why he bench Lin? It makes no sense. Lavine was scoreless in the 4th quarter. This is the first time that I really thought that Byron was intentionally trying to tank.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

Kobe missing those 2 FTs... Damn.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

SADLY,

THIS TEAM WAS BUILT TO LOSE

Put this one behind us & move on to the next game.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

If you re-watch the game you'd see why Lin was benched.

4:35 - Lin drives in the lane ("out of control" as per Lakers announcers), jumps up and turnes it over while passing. He collects an offensive foul as well.

3:45 - He drives in the lane, jumps up, and throws it to no one in particular. Nick Young saved that turnover by diving for the lose ball a calling a timeout.

Right after this, Byron Scott yanks Lin.
terpski
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:

4:35 - Lin drives in the lane ("out of control" as per Lakers announcers), jumps up and turnes it over while passing. He collects an offensive foul as well.

3:45 - He drives in the lane, jumps up, and throws it to no one in particular. Nick Young saved that turnover by diving for the lose ball a calling a timeout.

I have no problem with him benching Lin, but to keep him out of the end of the game seems moronic considering he is your STARTING POING GUARD!
Lin_Stan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject:

You take the good with the bad when you play Lin. Lin does get himself into trouble at times but he's also the most willing playmaker to get the bugs easy shots. He's the guy who will penetrate the lane and draw an opposing big out so that Hill and Davis can have easy finishes around the rim, which happened plenty last night.

I'm guessing Byron didn't like Lin's offense within those two plays and yanked him given Lin wasn't big enough to bother Lavine on D. But two botched plays is a little too short of a leash IMO.
Lin_Stan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:

+1
Lavine was scoreless in the fourth quarter so it makes no sense to sit Lin at that point for defensive reasons. We were actually playing solid defense on him in the fourth. Anyway BScott made his move and we lost another game we should have won and that's the end of that.

I'm not a mind reader but if I had to guess I would say Scott was not pleased with Lavine's torching of Lin earlier in the game and was thinking of yanking Lin through the 3rd quarter. But since soon was hot on offense Scott kept Lin in. Scott saw Lin wasn't doing well for two plays and benched him immediately just due to the threat of Lavine taking Lin one on one. Was it pre-mature? I absolutely think so, but I can kind of understand his thought process if that were the case. Too bad nobody asked him post game so we'll never find out.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject:

So what? Players are going to make mistakes, because they are human. Kobe himself, one of the greatest closers in NBA history, has made many a mistake down the stretch of games, even in his prime. You don't bench guys for a couple of mistakes, especially when they've been playing extremely well and definitely not for a scrub like Ellington, you ride it out with your best guys and live with the results.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Maybe you pull Lon for a minute or so to settle him down, but for the rest of the game? Just dumb.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:

Non-sense to shoot 3.

Conspiracy theory: we're tanking.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45
Jump to: