"Front Office still believes making 8th Seed this year more important than getting Top 5 Pick next year"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do Lakers Fans prefer?
Make the 8th Seed this Year
22%
 22%  [ 33 ]
Get a Top 5 Draft Pick next Year
77%
 77%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 147

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Ramona is doing the same thing Mitch did when talking about contending. She's lying. The team and its pet reporters are simply putting a good face on it.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

The difference is only one of those options is feasible
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Keep trying to win boys
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

If we could make the 8th seed, I'd take it. The problem is we can't.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Anti-Jinx

But what I could see possibly happening is the Lakers turning something around late but not enough, and end up ranked 10th in the West, missing both the Playoffs this year AND a Top 5 draft pick next year.

Ouch if that were to happen.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
MyKRo wrote:
Hmmm lets see:

Top 5, get a possible franchise player

or

8th seed, swept out & and pick goes to Phoenix

If the front office really believes this. We are in deep (bleep).

IMO. The front office is divided. The Pro-Tank side is Jim/Mitch, the Anti-Tank side is Jeanie Buss.

i agreed, it's as clear as sky Jeanie is still living in the fantasy land when free agents can't wait to come here, she's too stuck in the glorious past, and she doesn't what to let go of that, forever. that was why i thought of jeanie Buss right away when Kobe's extension news broke, it had her fingerprints all over it.

Listening to Maxx Kellerman, from his sources, he mentioned that the Kobe signing was Jeanie's.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Guess some people really hate the Lakers that they want them to be a borderline playoff team....
This team needs to bottom out, load up on draft picks, and finally rebuild.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

It makes no sense to be mediocre and try for the 8th seed. Better to get a top 5 draft pick to add to Randle to build around for the future.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

The... Clippers/Warriors/Sixers have been stock-piling draft picks for years and they still haven't won anything..... are we turning into those loser-fans who don't know what winning is all about?
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

The... Lakers probably think they will be good enough to fight for a playoff berth in April...

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I'm guessing the... Lakers are treating Ramona

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

The... Clippers/Warriors/Sixers have been stock-piling draft picks for years and they still haven't won anything.

Why do you keep putting an ellipsis after "The?" I'm reading your sentences like William Shatner in my head.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

The... Clippers/Warriors/Sixers have been stock-piling draft picks for years and they still haven't won anything..... are we turning into those loser-fans who don't know what winning is all about?

Not even sure why you even compare those teams to the Lakers. Unlike those teams, the Lakers have been mediocre but used it as an opportunity to rebuild. Were you around the early-mid 90's when those Laker teams were pretty bad as well....yet the front office managed to use the draft to help build up the team so that it became attractive for free agents. You aren't going to rebuild a team by continuously being a borderline lottery/playoff team...the NBA set it up like that to ensure that the worse teams get best chance at drafting a good player.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Those teams you mentioned, the players they draft usually all tend to leave after their 3-year rookie contracts are up. Even the pre-CP3 Clippers when they were the laughing stock of the NBA couldn't hold any of their talented picks for more than 4 years or so.

Lakers still have that brand that makes most players including their talented draft picks from West to Magic to Worthy to Kobe all STAY.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

I flat out REFUSE to believe that they're that stupid. They can't be. Hell, they can't AFFORD to be that stupid. This year is as good as any to completely bottom out.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Ramona's a spin doctor, not buying what she's selling. She's always on the flagship station in support of the organization and has earned the trust of the Buss family in order to be granted the amount of access these few years.

Nice of her to regurgitate the company line of competing for championships, but fans can see where this M1 is going.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Ramona's a spin doctor, not buying what she's selling. She's always on the flagship station in support of the organization and has earned the trust of the Buss family in order to be granted the amount of access these few years.

Nice of her to regurgitate the company line of competing for championships, but fans can see where this M1 is going.

Funny thing is that her spin will appease most Lakers fans. LG really is a unique community. We're the diehards. The radio hosts come to US for their material more often than not. Ramona knows we think she's a yellow journalist spreading the FO's propaganda, but she doesn't care because we make up such a small portion of the fanbase.
KobesRevenge
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject:

The Thunder have a similar record to ours, and I see plenty of sports writers doubting if they'll make 8th seed, even with Durant and Westbrook coming back next week. They (and we) basically have to win .700 of our games from here on out to make 8th seed. We are slowly getting our act together on offense and defense, but once we're in sync I don't think we'll be anywhere near as good as the Thunder with the addition of Durant and Westbrook.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject:

absolutely no chance of a top 8. At this point, OKC would barely scrape in.
madddogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject:

Whats the point of making the 8th seed, there is no way in hell we are winning the chip this year.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject:

Get a Top 5 pick... It's clear that after the last CBA, getting rid of Kobe was the league's top agenda (see the "Small Market Mafia" and trade committee headed by Dan Gilbert and friends). Why fight their little clique with an old Kobe when we could get a young stud and make them upset with a new guy?

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject:

Rational fans knew this was not a playoff team long before the season started. Worse case scenario this year is to miss the playoffs(which was always guaranteed to happen), and give up a top 7 pick to PHX. At this point, I'm not sure the Lakers front office has stepped into reality yet, so I can't comment on whether this is true or not. I do know that they are keeping cap flexibility so they can lure top free agents which has always been their blueprint for success.

What they have to realize is that the game has changed. It's harder to lure free agents now, and if they are going to consider your team, they want young talent in place. The current cba changed the rules, and the sooner you figure out how to manipulate the new rules, the sooner you become relevant again.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
K2 wrote:

Funny thing is that her spin will appease most Lakers fans. LG really is a unique community. We're the diehards. The radio hosts come to US for their material more often than not. Ramona knows we think she's a yellow journalist spreading the FO's propaganda, but she doesn't care because we make up such a small portion of the fanbase.
Plus she makes a hefty income and has job security from it all.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject:

Sure. Anyone expects Mitch to tell Ramona "Yeah I rather see my team lose than win?". Come on. Mitch said at season's start the goal was to win a championship.

They are many things but the FO is not unrealistic about the talent they have. They know the team they have is a 30 win type of ballclub. And they much rather get the pick if they miss out on the playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

The... Lakers probably think they will be good enough to fight for a playoff berth in April...

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I'm guessing the... Lakers are treating Ramona

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

The... Clippers/Warriors/Sixers have been stock-piling draft picks for years and they still haven't won anything.

Why do you keep putting an ellipsis after "The?" I'm reading your sentences like William Shatner in my head.

Because... maybe 2.0 thinks an ellipsis is a geometric shape defined by a curve equidistant from two focal points? Therefore... 2.0 was making a couple of main points and circumventing conventional... English.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject:

Doesn't matter what we think. These guys aren't giving up just because of some forum posters.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
Doesn't matter what we think. These guys aren't giving up just because of some forum posters.
And as a GM you shouldnt, you n eed to do everything you need to do to win,b ut guess what? we are still 3-12 and dead last in the whole conference. WTF more do people reasonably want? they are the worst team in the conference lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: