Lakers Waiving Ronnie Price?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Lakers Waiving Ronnie Price?

Quote:
David Pick @IAmDPick

Hearing the Los Angeles Lakers were open to move Ronnie Price. It's unclear where that stands post Xavier Henry blow.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/537027768223940609

Quote:
David Pick @IAmDPick

. @ csuf4ever: @IAmDPick Ronnie Price's contract is non-guaranteed. Lakers prolly cut him --> It's possible. Hearing the same.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/537036832962125825
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject:

Just cut Henry. I think dropping Price right now could be bad for morale. And since he plays so many minutes, it could be bad for chemistry too.
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Just cut Henry. I think dropping Price right now could be bad for morale. And since he plays so many minutes, it could be bad for chemistry too.

Doesn't matter. This team has zero chemistry anyway.
I'd like to see Ellington get more time than Price.

He's not good at defense at all, and worse on offensive end.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject:

kobeslaker wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Doesn't matter. This team has zero chemistry anyway.
I'd like to see Ellington get more time than Price.

He's not good at defense at all, and worse on offensive end.

Both Ellington and Price have reached their potential, they are what they are. Give the rookie Clarkson some burn. Lets see what this kid can do. What are you waiting for Lakers? Develop this kid!
ggeasy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject:

If they do release Price, Sebastian Telfair just got released by OKC. He's a solid, veteran player and would definitely be an upgrade over Price, at least offensively. Hoping we pick him up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject:

After Ronnie's best game of the season I'd assume they'll cut X. They'll cut Ronnie if they find another diamond in the ruff.
HyperX
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject:

We will miss his incredible shooting if that's true.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject:

HyperX wrote:
We will miss his incredible shooting if that's true.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:

Ol' Ronnie played quite well last night.
11 points on 5-8 shooting with 5 assists and 2 steals in 18 minutes.
He showed some skills and tenacity.
If only he could play like that consistently then he would be worth keeping around.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
If only he could play like that consistently then he would be worth keeping around.

Every min played by price is not played by clarkson

So its waste
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Every min played by price is not played by clarkson

So its waste

Price is the only PG we have besides Lin. Clarkson is more of a combo guard or even SG.
So I'd rather they cut Ellington.

But Clarkson should play more regardless of who they cut or keep.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject:

The one i'd waive would be Boozer... that's an automatic 15 less points by the opponent
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

Waving Price/Henry/Ellington would bring us in a position to take back players in a big trade.... we really need to clean up this mess right now and not wait until the off-season... were we all know nothing is guaranteed.... if the Lakers want to have a total rebuild then they need to blow up the roster for future picks... if they want to make a push towards the playoffs in the 2nd half of the season... then they need to hope guys like Kirilenko and Jeff Green would be available.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Waving Price/Henry/Ellington would bring us in a position to take back players in a big trade.... we really need to clean up this mess right now and not wait until the off-season... were we all know nothing is guaranteed.... if the Lakers want to have a total rebuild then they need to blow up the roster for future picks... if they want to make a push towards the playoffs in the 2nd half of the season... then they need to hope guys like Kirilenko and Jeff Green would be available.

The Lakers aren't making the playoffs and even if we do, we won't go far. Best strategy imo is to tank to retain the #5 pick. Do whatever that will open up more minutes for Clarkson to develop whether it's waiving Price or Ellington. Start rebuiling in the off-season.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice your pride for the future, it's logical given that there is little or no hope for the Lakers to contend for the title this year. It's not like the Lakers would be pulling a Philly where they've been blatently tanking for years, I don't think fans would be complaining too loudly if we wrote this season off not to lose a valuable lottery pick.

Last edited by 13th Man on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

Good. Cut Price and give Clarkson more minutes. Kid needs more experience.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject:

13th man wrote:
The Lakers aren't making the playoffs and even if they do, they won't go far. Best strategy imo is to tank to retain the #5 pick. Do whatever that will open up more minutes for Clarkson to develop whether it's waiving Price or Ellington. Start rebuiling in the off-season.

The FO thinks differently then most fans... they understand Playoff revenue is a lot more valuable then the getting a Top-5 pick.... especially with the new TWC deal and everything this FO has in mind.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

Price is a top three defender in our sorry defensive team. I wouldn't drop anyone who is on the positive end of our team in some form, given how few positives there are.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Why is it that everything that happens will result in a big trade? We got an exemption? Big trade. We waive someone, big trade. Kobe shooting less? Big trade!

Cmon!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

There will be no big trade or minor miracles this season. This team will be hard pressed to win 25 games.
The top 5 pick is a priority based on the way we are faring and we should get it without willfully tanking. We are just that bad most nights.
With the talent on this team, or lack there of, we won't win many games so the FO may as well look to the future and figure out how to best rebuild under the constraints of the CBA.
In the meantime we need to develop our young players, collect future assets and try to be somewhat competitive.
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

I want to see Clarkson get the backup minutes over Price. Would be better for now and long term
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

cgambino123 wrote:
I want to see Clarkson get the backup minutes over Price. Would be better for now and long term

co-sign
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Why is it that everything that happens will result in a big trade? We got an exemption? Big trade. We waive someone, big trade. Kobe shooting less? Big trade!

Cmon!

Ringfinger,

KOBE 2.0 is setting you up, in the scenario he concocted for when the New Orleans Pelicans begs the Lakers to accept Anthony Davis for our #1 pick this season.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
13th man wrote:
The Lakers aren't making the playoffs and even if they do, they won't go far. Best strategy imo is to tank to retain the #5 pick. Do whatever that will open up more minutes for Clarkson to develop whether it's waiving Price or Ellington. Start rebuiling in the off-season.

The FO thinks differently then most fans... they understand Playoff revenue is a lot more valuable then the getting a Top-5 pick.... especially with the new TWC deal and everything this FO has in mind.

Expect the Lakers still won't make the playoffs because the west is too strong.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Cmon!

Ringfinger,

KOBE 2.0 is setting you up, in the scenario he concocted for when the New Orleans Pelicans begs the Lakers to accept Anthony Davis for our #1 pick this season.

LOL whenever I read one of his posts, I think "Whatever that guy's on, I need to buy me some of it!"
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject:

IMO, there's a reason why Clarkson isn't getting any burn and that simply because he's not ready. When I've watched he looks a little lost out there, but I think his time will come shortly when the Lakers sink to the point of no return in the standings.

IMO, I think the Lakers want him to play PG. but he hasn't yet executed the PG concepts yet in practice. They have Kobe, Lin, Swaggy, Ellington, and Wesley, all who can play SG. The most available minutes for Clarkson are going to be at the PG spot. Byron and the coaching staff has given him a laundry list of things he needs to master. Putting him on the floor now and allowing him to get torched is going to make him lose focus on that PG agenda. Once he starts beating up Lin and Price in practice is when Clarkson starts significant minutes off the bench.

The Lakers 6.5 games out of of a playoff spot as of today. Somewhere between now and Jan 10th when all non-guaranteed contracts convert to guaranteed, and the Lakers find themselves 10-15 games out of the 8th spot, with no way to salvage the season, then they need to go into full tank mold. Ellington and Price get cut to avoid guaranteeing their contacts
and the 2015-2016 Laker player auditions begin.

Ellington is the first player to go. There's plenty of other SG/SF stiffs out there who can do the same marginal job for minimum prorated contract. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Roscoe Smith, Manny Harris, and Jamario Moon.

You cannot cut Price yet. He might be the only guy on the organization who's mentoring Clarkson right now on how to play PG. Lin is too busy trying to figure out his own game. It's unfortunate that Nash didn't stick around to mentor Clarkson. Now that the Lakers received an medical exemption on his contract, does that mean he's officially no longer a member of the organization? The guy was working with KD during the office season. It's too bad he can't do the same for the Lakers.

I could be completely off base. I have no idea what this FO is trying to accomplish.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: