Los Angeles mayor claims NFL's return to the city is 'highly likely' next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
I'm in St. Louis for a few months and most people here think the Rams are going to LA.

I wouldn't mind that. That team has a great future with an already very good defense.

Would make a great first year for the LA Rams!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
I'm in St. Louis for a few months and most people here think the Rams are going to LA.

I second that. Vendors there were trying to get me to buy Rams gear saying it'll come in handy soon when the team moves.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Baking News:

Sam Farmer @LATimesfarmer
The other cleat has dropped. -- Chargers, Raiders propose shared NFL stadium in Carson http://fw.to/EsBq6hS
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

wow. This puts pressure on the Rams to move first if they want LA.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Baking News:

The other cleat has dropped. -- Chargers, Raiders propose shared NFL stadium in Carson http://fw.to/EsBq6hS

My son and daughter live in Carson. I'm close to a member of the city council. It's something that's been on the table for years. It's my understanding, it's not going to happen.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Nevermind, I thought it was the site of the Home Depot Center.
Turns out its an empty plot of land....
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-qa-20150220-story.html
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Baking News:

My son and daughter live in Carson. I'm close to a member of the city council. It's something that's been on the table for years. It's my understanding, it's not going to happen.

Its a little bit different this time. The Chargers and the Raiders have actually bought the land already.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Baking News:

Its a little bit different this time. The Chargers and the Raiders have actually bought the land already.

I lived in Carson for a long time. The people aren't going to vote to build a stadium. You go through hell getting approval to build high density apartments in some parts of Carson.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Baking News:

I lived in Carson for a long time. The people aren't going to vote to build a stadium. You go through hell getting approval to build high density apartments in some parts of Carson.

As a Charger fan, I hope you're right. At this point, I've come to terms with the possibility of a move to LA, but I can't stomach sharing a stadium with the Raiders.. Plus at this point I just want to see Dean Spanos get screwed as much as possible. I hate that man
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Baking News:

I'm not sure buying the land means much. They can easily turn around and flip it.

Unless this is privately funded, I'm 100% against it. The NFL is greed if I've ever seen it, why should WE fund their move?

We've been fine without NFL in LA for a long time and the NFL itself has done a pretty good job at letting us know they don't need us either.. Unless of course, it's to fund their stadium, then yea. Screw them.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

A stadium in Carson would be wasteful since there is no way to gentrify a stinky disgusting trashfire like Carson.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
A stadium in Carson would be wasteful since there is no way to gentrify a stinky disgusting trashfire like Carson.

Well, it is going to be built on an old landfill so you right about it being stinky...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Baking News:

As a Charger fan, I hope you're right. At this point, I've come to terms with the possibility of a move to LA, but I can't stomach sharing a stadium with the Raiders.. Plus at this point I just want to see Dean Spanos get screwed as much as possible. I hate that man

They should just build an LAPD substation there if that were to happen....I can imagine the arrests during those 2 rivalry games per year...
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Baking News:

They should just build an LAPD substation there if that were to happen....I can imagine the arrests during those 2 rivalry games per year...

Chargers and Raiders here would suck. I wouldn't be able to bring my family to a game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

Talked to my son about the stadium. He surprised me, he's for it. The person I'm familiar with on the city council is also, that too surprised me. Carson may just be the location chosen.

AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ronnyjeremy wrote:
Baking News:

Chargers and Raiders here would suck. I wouldn't be able to bring my family to a game.

It's bad enough at charger/raider games as it is. I can't imagine what it would be like if they shared a stadium. Carson would be like a war zone
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

Granted, one of them would likely move to the NFC, so it would only be once every 4 years
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm a raider fan and detest the chargers but i like the idea of sharing a stadium. Anything to have as many raider games near by to attend. Including the extra raider games in inglewood. Get it done.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Hope anyone but the Raiders move here. I mean, I'll still root for them but, I wouldn't feel safe going to a game like how Doyer games used to be.

I don't have an NFL team I root for. Would be nice to get one here finally.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

When you think about it, both teams have put off those stadium plans for 15-20 years already....The Raiders never got the Stadium they were promised when they moved from LA back to Oakland, and the city of San Diego dragged their feet about a new Chargers Stadium for the past 14 years. Part of me thinks they are using LA as leverage again, but if they don't get something from their current cities, they could pretty much relocate ASAP. If you look at how much of the stadium is used for luxury boxes, a revenue source both teams want to maximize, its no wonder why they want a new stadium.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Rams will end up in LA and the Raiders and Chargers will stay in their rat infested stadiums for much longer. UNLESS, the owners pay the full freight. Which they won't. Neither will the tax payers.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Hope anyone but the Raiders move here. I mean, I'll still root for them but, I wouldn't feel safe going to a game like how Doyer games used to be.

The crying over Raider fans has to stop. Don't start nothing, there won't be nothing.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Rams will end up in LA and the Raiders and Chargers will stay in their rat infested stadiums for much longer. UNLESS, the owners pay the full freight. Which they won't. Neither will the tax payers.

Its unfortunate for those cities that don't want to help fund yet they want to collect taxes on revenue. All the better since the carson projects are privately funded and highly likely to happen.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

The crying over Raider fans has to stop. Don't start nothing, there won't be nothing.

Not me. People around me. Can't have my family around that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11
Jump to: