Los Angeles mayor claims NFL's return to the city is 'highly likely' next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Re-brand the Raiders with pink colors to sway away the gangsters. Fire Reggie McKenzie. Sorry but he has got to be the dumbest GM in the NFL
There is no way they ever move away from the Raiders and them colors. WAY to much of a money maker and if i figured anything out about the NFL is that money is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in football.

hell the Raiders and the NFL encouraged the NWA movement. They loved that (bleep).
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I've said for years now that the Rams will eventually come home and I'm sticking to it. It's the second team at this point that intrigues me the most though. Raiders vs Chargers will be an epic boardroom battle.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

what a waste of human capital to exert so much effort on this matter.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Nothing is likely until a contract is signed....frankly, we've been thru this for the past 20 years.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Nothing is likely until a contract is signed....frankly, we've been thru this for the past 20 years.

And I've been quite happy through those years. I get to enjoy the NFL without all the BS that comes with having a team in my city.

I'm way over the fact that the Rams left.

I'm very pleased that the Raiders left.

I'm at the point where I much prefer NOT having an LA NFL team. That ship has sailed. Any history has been destroyed and having an "expansion team" simply seems like a consolation prize to a city that deserves better.

At this point, after 20 years, any NFL fan that resides in LA already has an established favorite. And if they care about that team they've found a way root for the their team and attend games if they wish.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
the state struggling financially, the city struggling financially.. and we wanna drop hundreds of millions on a new stadium in an already congested part of the city.

great, we can just raise sales tax again.

Obviously we need the NFL that badly in LA.

The state is doing fine right now. We are looking at surpluses for the immediate future, barring a catastrophic drop in the market. Los Angeles is a different story.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article4016095.html
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

And I've been quite happy through those years. I get to enjoy the NFL without all the BS that comes with having a team in my city.

I'm at the point where I much prefer NOT having an LA NFL team. That ship has sailed. Any history has been destroyed and having an "expansion team" simply seems like a consolation prize to a city that deserves better.

At this point, after 20 years, any NFL fan that resides in LA already has an established favorite. And if they care about that team they've found a way root for the their team and attend games if they wish.

This isn't about you.... Me.... Or us as a whole.... This is about our grandchildren and great grandchildren growing up a lifelong L.A. _____ fan. That's what this is about. Let's not act like L.A. finally having a team back isn't a big deal or a ho-hum thing when it happens.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I enjoy the nfl and don't have a team I strongly root for. Rams and Raiders left just a couple of years before I really started getting into it. Never had a team I was emotionally invested in because none of them represented the city I live in. I can't wait for us to get another team.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Disagree. The Rams were deeply embedded into the fiber of Los Angeles until being stuck with a horrible owner in Georgia Frontiere.

It is long past time for the Rams to come back home to Los Angeles.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Don't have a team since the Rams, Raiders left. I have players I root for.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

WIFE KILLERS, DOMESTIC ABUSERS, CHILD BEATERS, DOG RAPISTS?

I'm here for you, geezer.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

lol.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

This isn't about you.... Me.... Or us as a whole.... This is about our grandchildren and great grandchildren growing up a lifelong L.A. _____ fan. That's what this is about. Let's not act like L.A. finally having a team back isn't a big deal or a ho-hum thing when it happens.

Preach!!!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I really don't see it as a big deal. Particularly when the financials get sorted out and due to all the seat licensing etc. it's going to cost a small fortune to attend a game. And if attending a game is cost prohibitive for the majority of fans, I don't see an LA team really drawing a huge fan base.

I've been to many football games over the years - college and NFL, including a Super Bowl and Rose Bowl games. With the advent of HD TV and the remarkable coverage that exists now, football is much more interesting on the TV and you definitely get more bang for your buck.

LA's been fine without an NFL team for a couple of decades now.

I wouldn't protest a team coming to LA, but it's nothing I think is really going change much.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject:

ssiknick833 wrote:
I'm a Raiders fan so obviously i would love for them to move back to LA. But i highly doubt we're gonna get a NFL team anytime soon. I'll believe it when i see it.

Its going to be the Raiders coming back to L.A.

Oakland stadium is the oldest stadium in NFL. Raiders owners can't wait to get the hell out. Their speaker system is worse than a stereo on a clunker. And their lease is up this season. All signs point to Raiders in L.A.

L.A. fanbase is mostly Raiders.

Raiders finally have their franchise QB. They'll add the number 1 running back with the first overall pick to open the passing game and the Raiders will back back on top real fast. Add 49ers coach. Done.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject:

I'd prefer the Rams for LA. Strictly for football reasons.
Their defensive front 7 is above average. Their secondary is somewhere around mediocre. Brian Quick is solid when healthy. If they improve their O-line and QB via the draft they could grab a wildcard playoff spot next season.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Disagree. The Rams were deeply embedded into the fiber of Los Angeles until being stuck with a horrible owner in Georgia Frontiere.

Rams were never Los Angeles. They were orange county. Los Angeles is a Raiders town. Only the Raiders fan base will fill the stadium consistantly cause Raider Nation is deep and loyal.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Rams were never Los Angeles. They were orange county. Los Angeles is a Raiders town. Only the Raiders fan base will fill the stadium consistantly cause Raider Nation is deep and loyal.

You know the Rams played in Los Angeles for 33 years right? From 1946-1979 at the Coliseum before moving to Orange County. They played for another 15 years in Orange County. That's 48 years in the Southland.

Raiders? 12 years. Not sure where this notion that the Raiders are some sort of Los Angeles institution came from.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Laker Lover wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

You know the Rams played in Los Angeles for 33 years right? From 1946-1979 at the Coliseum before moving to Orange County. They played for another 15 years in Orange County. That's 48 years in the Southland.

Raiders? 12 years. Not sure where this notion that the Raiders are some sort of Los Angeles institution came from.

I never see anyone in Los Angeles wearing any Rams gear.

But I do see Raider gear all the time from Los Angeles to San Bernardino.

I don't ever see any Rams stores in Los Angeles but I do see Raider stores.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Laker Lover wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

That is true.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

You made my morning

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

The Rams are really the only real LA team. When Carroll Rosenbloom was alive the Rams were very relevant. IIRC he drowned.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Laker Lover wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Exactly. LA was a very temporary location for them from up North while that lunatic Al Davis played NFL politics.

The Raiders may have played their home games here for a while. But no true Raider fan would consider the Raiders an LA team.

LA was just "on loan" while Davis played his legal games. The Raiders were never truly and LA team, no matter how many gang-bangers jumped on board.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:

And that has nothing to do with football.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

You made my morning

You two really need to get a room.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11
Jump to: