++++ Lakers at Wizards ++++ 12/03/14 4PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

we have the worst bigs in the league.

they don't run pnr, prefer to run pick and pop. dont play interior defense or rotate to the driver.

lin had a terrible game - missed all his open shots but at least he's shooting - but coach needs to have the bigs run pnr for lin, he is way more effective to probe and dish. atm it seems the only plays are: 1-2 pnr with kobe, hand off to kobe, pick and pop with jhill or boozer (which works occasionally).

lin needs to drive more if his shot isnt falling, but the bigs pack the paint so thelakers rely more on outside shooting.
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:

they don't run pnr, prefer to run pick and pop. dont play interior defense or rotate to the driver.

lin had a terrible game - missed all his open shots but at least he's shooting - but coach needs to have the bigs run pnr for lin, he is way more effective to probe and dish. atm it seems the only plays are: 1-2 pnr with kobe, hand off to kobe, pick and pop with jhill or boozer (which works occasionally).

lin needs to drive more if his shot isnt falling, but the bigs pack the paint so thelakers rely more on outside shooting.

I agree with what you're saying and would point out this is not a good shooting team. This team really needs to be trying as hard as hell to get to the basket at all costs or atleast around the painted area to score. Every time any of our players takes an outside jumper I start to cringe.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:

high post pick n roll, every team runs a ton, except the lakers.... few times they run, it was ugly, looked awkward, not fluid at all
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

J. Lin said after going 0-10, "old [him] would've kicked [himself]." New him says he's grown & would've shot every one of those shots again
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

I agree with what you're saying and would point out this is not a good shooting team. This team really needs to be trying as hard as hell to get to the basket at all costs or atleast around the painted area to score. Every time any of our players takes an outside jumper I start to cringe.

Lakers are a jump shooting team and something of an ISO team. The offense isn't very pretty, it just has a great ISO player in Kobe. Lin's a strong PnR player but the style is more pick and pop than roll here. The bigs are both pick and pop with secondary post games. Wes is an athletic wing player I guess.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

the thing is, our bench seems to be playing well lately, they can score on the other bench. our starters are almost bench quality-like lol, so it's tough for them to score on their interior defense. kobe's assist come from drawing 3 guys and a dish in the middle. he is taking more of a facilitating role which puts lin in a more off the ball role. lin is more suited to handling the ball he should come off the bench or something. he needs to see his go in before he can be confident in his shot. i find that he is also trying to be too careful in making the right play which ends up being a dumb pass or play.

but more than anything the bigs drive me nuts so many open layups. it's a buffet for the other team. let ed start, divide ball handling between lin and kobe. lin tries his best to rotate - but sometimes he overhelps which can be bad. i dunno it;s like this team only cares about scoring.. ed is my 2nd fav player. guy plays with passion for defense. his issue is fouling.

:'(
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

Our offense is mostly iso-based. When you have a ball dominant player like Kobe, ball simply does not move around.

I am sure that if Pop is the coach, we will be playing a lot better.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
Houston are blowing out Memphis without Dwight and Beverley.

Winning without Howard is something but IMO Beverly is one of the most over hyped, over rated players. He'll be warming the bench soon enough. The Rockets have no playmaking PG and Canaan is probably a better corner 3 shooter.

Curiously though, isn't this a Lakers blog, not the Rockets?
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

LegionOfDoom wrote:
I agree because Kobe is such a ball dominant guard. There's no need for another ball dominant guard to be out there with Kobe at the same time. Lin is useless when he plays with Kobe. He just dribbles it up court and hands it off to Kobe, every damn time. Price on the other hand doesn't need the ball and is a better spot up shooter.

What do you mean Price is a better spot up shoter? Better than who? You??[/quote]

LOL

I do agree it is definitely an issue. Lin and Kobe need to do more give and goes. As it is Lin brings the ball up, passes off to Kobe and unless Kobe is having a hot hand, that's it.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:

I agree. EVERYONE has bad shooting games so driving to the paint is a great alternate strategy IF only BS coached the team to have an alternate strategy. Except for perhaps Durant and Westbrook a player needs some spacing down low. Bad coaching.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37
Jump to: