LAKERS -at- PISTONS - 12-2-14 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

I see a difference between our last 2 coaches substitution patterns. Dantoni seemed to have a new starting lineup every night and his substitutions were never consistent (so he could say he tried everything?). Scott seems to want a set lineup for the season and the same substitution pattern (at the expense of players like Clarkson). I was wishing for more stability last year and this year I'm hoping for more flexibility. Never satisfied I guess.

I remember with both Riley and Phil always feeling pretty comfortable with their rotations. Could be a talented team makes you feel that way...but you would often think, it's time to sub player X in or out and shortly later that would happen. D'Antoni's constant lineup changes sabotaged chemistry (some of that was injury, but a lot was just stirring things up). It's early December so I'll give Scott more time...but there's been a few head scratchers.

I think it is something that you are better off being in the middle. You want stability in terms of lineups for obvious chemistry reasons, but you do not want to overdo it so it becomes too predictable and inflexible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: