Swaggy interviews J-Hill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Swaggy interviews J-Hill

"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Loved it
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

VINTAGE SWAG!! KSML
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Is Nick preparing for the next career already?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject:

I'm curious though... there is an elephant in the room this year. The elephant is the topic of "basketball player with clownish disposition." This was not accepted by Kobe when it comes to D12. Nobody is looking at Swaggy in a negative light. Can you imagine D12 and Swaggy on the same team?
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject:

Nick clowns around but plays hard every time he's on the court,
NOT SOFT
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

I like Young, he is always smiling, but when he gets on the court, he wants to annihilate his opponents, thats what Dwight lacks..
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I'm curious though... there is an elephant in the room this year. The elephant is the topic of "basketball player with clownish disposition." This was not accepted by Kobe when it comes to D12. Nobody is looking at Swaggy in a negative light. Can you imagine D12 and Swaggy on the same team?

I think the difference is Nick knows who's team it is and gives Kobe proper respect. D12 came off as disrespectful in what seemed like an attempt to almost clown Kobe and his approach to the game.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

Could you imagine how even more fun moments like this would be if we're able to put together a championship roster?

These kind of fun antics and such at the end of us winning 5 games in a row and being a top team in the west would be even more awesome.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

^ I think tonight's game is huge as far as morale. On a back to back. Washington will be the beast Eastern team we've played. The Toronto win was nice, but I never give much weight to beating any team without their best player. Washington will pretty much have its best players aside from Nene.

The Wizards also arguably have the 2nd best backcourt. The best backcourt has absolutely killed us so far in the season. Tonight would be a hug he win that could set us up for a sweep on the road by beating Boston before we come back home for some tough games. The mood with the team going into Boston will be at a season high (which isn't saying much) but it's these necessary steps we need right now.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

Some will criticize but this is good for the locker room morale. Good to see Nick doing this
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

Really enjoyed Nick and Hill, Nick brings fun to the game, it also reflects positively on Scott that he is not this ridged coach as some have label him. The players are doing their best, that's all you can ask for.

4 - 0 against the weak east, oh well a win is a win.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Clowning around has always been fine as long as the work has been done and the game is taken seriously. Swaggy does that. D12 did not.

Kobe couldn't care less if a player wants to wear clown shoes and walk around with their jock on their head as long as they're also in the gym and leaving it all on the floor during games.
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
I like Young, he is always smiling, but when he gets on the court, he wants to annihilate his opponents, thats what Dwight lacks..

Steppin up to a leadership role..
Nick is what we hoped he would be under multi yr contract.

Nick n hill entertainment + doing the work...
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Clowning around has always been fine as long as the work has been done and the game is taken seriously. Swaggy does that. D12 did not.

Kobe couldn't care less if a player wants to wear clown shoes and walk around with their jock on their head as long as they're also in the gym and leaving it all on the floor during games.

It also helps that Nick trained with Kobe in the offseason. They have a rapport and a professional relationship that Dwight and Kobe never had.
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject:

there's a big difference between being a clown (Dwight) and clowning after a win. This guy is tremendous juice off the bench, one great acquisition by the fo (the one thing they did right) ya gotta love the swag, no matter where he shoots it from lol.....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Exactly. There have been plenty of fun loving clown type dudes that Kobe gets along just fine with. As long as the player works hard and wants to win Kobe doesn't care. Heck Sacre is a jokester too but he works as hard as he can and doesn't like to lose.

Dwight just too afraid to accept the challenge and so he says winning championships is not everything to him. Kobe can't stand that. Especially given Dwight's physical talents.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DALAKERSRULE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Nick doesn't clown around after they lose a game, he is only a clown when they win. Kobe can deal with that. Plus like others have said, Nick plays hard when he is on the court, he wants to win no matter what.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Exactly. There have been plenty of fun loving clown type dudes that Kobe gets along just fine with. As long as the player works hard and wants to win Kobe doesn't care. Heck Sacre is a jokester too but he works as hard as he can and doesn't like to lose.

Dwight just too afraid to accept the challenge and so he says winning championships is not everything to him. Kobe can't stand that. Especially given Dwight's physical talents.

also, I think the underrated thing here is that, DWIGHT WAS NOT THAT FUNNY I made the mistake of thinking he was funny when he played for other teams, but then I saw it in action everyday and it came off as forced and sometimes cringeworthy. So I think that a part of it is that dwight was a clown that wasn't humorous, and it became grating, couple that with all the physical talent in the world not being used effectively, and kobe was ready to kill him by seasons end..lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

also, I think the underrated thing here is that, DWIGHT WAS NOT THAT FUNNY I made the mistake of thinking he was funny when he played for other teams, but then I saw it in action everyday and it came off as forced and sometimes cringeworthy. So I think that a part of it is that dwight was a clown that wasn't humorous, and it became grating, couple that with all the physical talent in the world not being used effectively, and kobe was ready to kill him by seasons end..lol

So true!!

That TWC commercial is still burned in my mins..."This is bananas!! *Tehe tehe*"

He really wasn't funny at all
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
R-Tistic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Dwight was more "I'm goofy and silly, and I'm tall, so that really makes me goofier and sillier."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

So true!!

That TWC commercial is still burned in my mins..."This is bananas!! *Tehe tehe*"

The highlight of his funny was the kobe impression, and I liked his nickname for gary vitti, but it pretty much was downhill from there I think he meant well, but it just wasnt my kind of funny.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject:

R-Tistic wrote:
Dwight was more "I'm goofy and silly, and I'm tall, so that really makes me goofier and sillier."

Yeah he seemed more like the big guy who would rustle a smaller guy's hair, or pick him up everytime he saw him, trying to be funny, and after like the third time the smaller dude is like "maaaaaaaan quit touchin me" Shaq had a little bit of that in him too, but he did it in funnier ways. Also it helped that he absolutely DOMINATED when it was gametime.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

So true!!

The highlight of his funny was the kobe impression, and I liked his nickname for gary vitti, but it pretty much was downhill from there I think he meant well, but it just wasnt my kind of funny.

yeah didn't he call him father Vitti? lol
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention Nick, unlike Dwight, is not in a position to become a key piece of the franchise.

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: