LAKERS -at- CELTICS - 12-5-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
Thanks DB

If BS history is any indicator, we will be left scratching our heads with the lineup changes.

At some point you have to accept the situation your in and make the best of it. This team is being suffocated with ineptitude and thats the reality and benchmark the guys have to work from.

Byron Scott coaching is outdated. He said 3s don't win champinships. That statement alone should have had the GM scrathing his head.
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject:

Mr. Scott,

As coach you have 259 games in the last 5 years, only 72 wins...
a 23-59 Win/Loss per season avg...
and now 5-15 and never the slightest hint of shared responsibility of coaching and its offensive "schemes"/"plans"/rotations in your daily scapegoating all on players' focus/effort etc etc...

and you say YOU are running out of patience?!
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

angus wrote:
Mr. Scott,

and now 5-15 and never the slightest hint of shared responsibility of coaching and its offensive "schemes"/"plans"/rotations in your daily scapegoating all on players' focus/effort etc etc...

Exactly. Take some responsibility and hold yourself accountable. Junk your offensive and defensive systems if they don't fit your players. Make better rotations. Call timeouts more judiciously. Have your players prepared, them coming out flat in the beginning of games and in the 3rd quarter reflects the coach, I don't think it is the players. Your overplaying your veteran shooting guard is ineffective. Getting mad and shuffling around the chess pieces using the same strategy will not get you anywhere but the same place you are now.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
angus wrote:
Mr. Scott,

Exactly. Take some responsibility and hold yourself accountable. Junk your offensive and defensive systems if they don't fit your players. Make better rotations. Call timeouts more judiciously. Have your players prepared, them coming out flat in the beginning of games and in the 3rd quarter reflects the coach, I don't think it is the players. Your overplaying your veteran shooting guard is ineffective. Getting mad and shuffling around the chess pieces using the same strategy will not get you anywhere but the same place you are now.

Boozer is a defense liability on defense. Davis would be better. Swaggy P for Wesley would be better offensively.

Kobe does not go to practice or shoot arounds so that means there is no real offense scheme is in place. Also bad chemistry between Kobe and the rest of the team.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
bws94 wrote:
angus wrote:
Mr. Scott,

Boozer is a defense liability on defense. Davis would be better. Swaggy P for Wesley would be better offensively.

Kobe does not go to practice or shoot arounds so that means there is no real offense scheme is in place. Also bad chemistry between Kobe and the rest of the team.

Kobe does not go to practice? Are you sure?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject:

It's unfortunate that our good old friend DB probably has to make these threads all year long with no excitement... it's alright though hopefully we get back on top one day.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
bws94 wrote:
angus wrote:
Mr. Scott,

In Byron weekly interview, he rest Kobe on practice days and maybe little shoot around before games. There is another article with Byron direct quotes saying he lets Kobe miss practice to play more minutes on court.

[url=http:// http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=los-angeleslakers&id=40466&city=losangeles&src=desktop][/url]
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
mnstrdnk wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
bws94 wrote:
angus wrote:
Mr. Scott,

In Byron weekly interview, he rest Kobe on practice days and maybe little shoot around before games. There is another article with Byron direct quotes saying he lets Kobe miss practice to play more minutes on court.

[url=http:// http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=los-angeleslakers&id=40466&city=losangeles&src=desktop][/url]

oh, come on, man, don't be like a 5th grader
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:

another thing really annoyed me in this game, also the last game, is they gave up two many second chance points... it is a total effort thing...
Byron was still smiling after the game with reporters, this is bad too...
keeping your composure is one thing, the smirk smile looked so bad on a losing team coach...
Unstable
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Thanks db, let's hope the next game ight clarify what bs plans are for his "change". Really strange thing he did with not playing Lin though, unless he really want to see how the team is like without him (are the conspiracy theorist correct in assuming that there might be a plan to move Lin soon?)

I think Lin should simply play as if every game might be the last one for him, and hopefully that might spark something magical
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
The starters came out flat as well as cold from outside when the game started, and the team never recovered. Although the players have the ability to score and make plays on their own in spurts, this was where you wish there was a bit more creativity or purpose in the offensive sets.

WHAT I LIKED

Lin's aggression
Lin, along with the rest of the starters came out cold and out of sorts. When the starters came back in, it was minus Lin, as Ellington remained in the game. Rather than get discouraged, he turned it up a notch, driving to the basket at will and finishing. He even showed a bit of attitude as a Celtic player tried to take the ball away from him on a deadball. Very nice to see.

Unfortunately, the coach decided to troll fans around the world by benching him for Price.

Easy E
Ever since the regular season started, Ellington's shot has been on. Today he hit a 3 off a floppy play which was set further out than he usually runs it, which was good to see, rather than the usual long 2. However, on the season he's shooting 39% from 3, and 57% on long 2s, so basically you're fine with him launching from anywhere on the court. Given what he's had to deal with off the court, you can't help but root for the guy.

If they decide to start him, I hope it's at Wes' expense and not Lin's. Or else you can forget about seeing any transition buckets with the first unit.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

Lazy bigs on D
I agree 100% with DB here. Watch the bigs closely in transition or in scramble situations and you see them unilaterally decide to switch or "protect the paint". God forbid they run to their rotation if it's more than 10 feet away. Kobe does it as well from time to time, but when the bigs do it, it always seems to lead to the other team scoring.

Bad Wes returns
I can live with Wes being off with his shot. I can't live with him taking more than one dribble. Whenever that happens, something bad is bound to occur.

Suddenly I think BS might be worry about Lin's angry which would caused Lin's performance to suck so badly...

Thanks DB btw.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

does anyone have the stats on these emoticons? like how many did Boozer get up to this point? i want to get a good idea of how our players have been performing through the emoticons stats which i believe is 100% more telling then any other stats out there
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

at the end it is all on the Byron Scott. i don't think he is competent enough to lead this Lakers. check his records. changes will be for the worse, i think. i thought Mike D'Antoni was bad.
option_nerd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
mnstrdnk wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
bws94 wrote:
angus wrote:
Mr. Scott,

We were losing bad and BS still left Kobe in the game. He was the only starter, I think. Now he is letting Kobe rest and not practice?

oh, come on, man, don't be like a 5th grader
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
does anyone have the stats on these emoticons? like how many did Boozer get up to this point? i want to get a good idea of how our players have been performing through the emoticons stats which i believe is 100% more telling then any other stats out there

Ha. Never thought about viewing a season long visual of a players emoticons.

...staticons.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:

Ha. Never thought about viewing a season long visual of a players emoticons.

...staticons.

staticons. i likes
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Unstable wrote:
Thanks db, let's hope the next game ight clarify what bs plans are for his "change". Really strange thing he did with not playing Lin though, unless he really want to see how the team is like without him (are the conspiracy theorist correct in assuming that there might be a plan to move Lin soon?)

I think Lin should simply play as if every game might be the last one for him, and hopefully that might spark something magical

That was some Linsanity-lite going on with those drives. The half-ending drive was sweet.

It just seemed Byron gave up and ok, he sat the starters. But not all of them. And the most startling thing is he left Kobe in to play until almost the end of the game while Sacre missed ugly hook shot after ugly hook shot. Bizarre. Also Wes played, poorly.
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Unstable wrote:

My Friend Lin has had to do that his whole NBA career. You could see the Fire His eyes in the 2nd and 3rd Qts of the Celtics game. He just said To H with this Princeton BS and just attacked the Rim like only he can. Remeber he was 2nd on to Lebron James himseld in FG% when taking the ball to the tim last year.

Lin will always fight and leave it on the floor. He's just been trying to figure out what BS wants and how to play with guy like Kobs who is a living institution for the Lakers and plays his way no matter what which he's earned.

Lin is just figuring how to do his thing at the same time.
For the whole real truth about Jeremy Lin and his toxic tenure with Houston and Kevin Mchale to a new beginning with the Lakers read my post on Pg 108 in "Official Jeremy Lin thread" posted 11/20/14 at 7:39pm.
koen
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

The staticon thing is a cool idea. I'm up for compiling the staticons from DB from his reviews for the season for each player. Do you guys think that would warrant its own thread? I can make one and update the staticons on the first post and people can get a visual of how the season is progressing with each player
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject:

ok, my predication is confirmed...
Boozer is an easy guess. For Lin, I think Byron never liked how Lin and Kobe played together. The question is how many minutes Lin is going to play after the change, how many minutes Ronnie is going to play.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

koen wrote:
The staticon thing is a cool idea. I'm up for compiling the staticons from DB from his reviews for the season for each player. Do you guys think that would warrant its own thread? I can make one and update the staticons on the first post and people can get a visual of how the season is progressing with each player

Might have to do something to separate games for each player since some games a player may have two or three emoticons.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
koen wrote:

Might have to do something to separate games for each player since some games a player may have two or three emoticons.

give an emoticon for each player by quarters. wait, that's gonna be a lot of work for ya lol
koen
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I have a format in mind that I'll try, and we can see how it looks.

Should I start a thread for the staticons?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

koen wrote:
I have a format in mind that I'll try, and we can see how it looks.

Should I start a thread for the staticons?

I think your post count might be too low to start threads right now. Feel free to post it in the Thoughts and Ratings thread and people can give some feedback there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: