Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject:

tbytc2012 wrote:
autoprt wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
This team is UNWATCHABLE!

Sorry but took 21 games with a team with only 5 wins to finally realize this?

I was already wearing my TANK helmet after they started 1-7.

Funny watching the crowds at Staples, it's like their in denial when the Lakers eventually lose. Are they actually thinking we're gonna win make the 8th seed this year?

Delusion is a dangerous thing.
i think it was a result of bs's initial press conference when he said the lakers are all about winning championships...period. he was pretty convincing.

I seriously think he was just bsing.
I don't think he is that stupid to think we can even make it to playoffs in the wild west.

Going back to when Byron was first hired, he was saying all the right things about essentially eliminating all of the MDA faults, the bad defense, the overuse of Kobe, playing too fast, and being too reliant on the 3 pointer. Everyone loved it and most of LG was predicting anywhere from .500 record to a 6th seed in the playoffs thanks to Kobes return, Byron over MDA and so on.
LegionOfDoom
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Juneway wrote:
autoprt wrote:
how long before they start clarkson, ellington, davis, kobe and sacre?

BS said he will reevaluate the team every 5 games. So maybe next weekend?

That explains why he never makes adjustments in game. It all makes sense now. A mistake made in game 1 will be reviewed by game 6.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
autoprt wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Funny watching the crowds at Staples, it's like their in denial when the Lakers eventually lose. Are they actually thinking we're gonna win make the 8th seed this year?

i think it was a result of bs's initial press conference when he said the lakers are all about winning championships...period. he was pretty convincing.

I don't think he is that stupid to think we can even make it to playoffs in the wild west.

Going back to when Byron was first hired, he was saying all the right things about essentially eliminating all of the MDA faults, the bad defense, the overuse of Kobe, playing too fast, and being too reliant on the 3 pointer. Everyone loved it and most of LG was predicting anywhere from .500 record to a 6th seed in the playoffs thanks to Kobes return, Byron over MDA and so on.

He talks the talk but now everyone can see clear as day - the suit is empty.
BasketballReasons?
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

option_nerd wrote:
at the end it is all about coaching. it does not matter how you rearrange the line up, they still are going to play with the same attitude. there is no PNRs, no game plans. the game looks the same even with a change of the lineup. BS is responsible for all of these losses. i don't think the players are responding to him. just sad...

are you aware of our current roster?...there is no coach that can turn things around with this team.
House Lakesters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

guys, is this rock bottom yet? I really can't tell...
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nightwalker wrote:
tonman wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
tonman wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
I wouldn't mind if Kobe retired now there's nothing left for him to prove this team suck ass he should hang up the sneakers. This Laker team is an embarrassment and a joke Kobe deserves much better.

so retire instead of trying to play team ball....

It does not matter if Kobe plays team ball they will still suck no matter what he does that's how bad they are. This is a black hole Kobe in his prime would have trouble dragging this team to playoffs.

no you don't get it. you establish a culture regardless if you are winning or losing. if that culture is to play unselfish and as a team, then you can go out and get guys to come in an compete in the same manner.

Lol this logic is flawed. Newsflish who does Kobe to pass to that can knockdown shots at a good rate. Now if Kobe had average to good cast around him I would question his motives shooting too much not trusting his teammates enough, but that is not the case here. Please stop blaming Kobe for this current mess he is on of few good players on this team.

They are making the shots at a much better rate than he is so I don't like that excuse. If he wants the ball to go through him on offense, it's his responsibility to find the open guy. If he wants to be a SHOOTING guard only, he needs to be willing to play off the ball. If he is going to control the ball and not trust the ball with anyone else, then we will see more of the same from this team.

I'm thinking he is just trying to pass Jordan and once he does, he will change up his play.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject:

House Lakesters wrote:

Rock bottom is if they can lock up the 2nd worst record...that gives them the most lottery balls after the 76ers who are the experts at tanking.
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Treble Clef wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
autoprt wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

The team is what it is. MDA got the most he could out of the players. MDA is an Olympic coach. He knows how to win. He coached with Mike Krzyzewski. The team as constructed without any credible bigs would be better playing small ball and pushing it up tempo.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

bws94 wrote:
autoprt wrote:
bws94 wrote:
sigman wrote:
Jonathan1212 wrote:
sammysung wrote:
Lin out & Price in. Lin with just under 20min.

what does it matter?

lin is a low to average pg in the league. and with byron scott as your coach pretty much everyone is going to suck. no nba player can look good playing with absolutely no system. no rhythm. no flow. no sense.

all this attention on lin. byron scott doesn't seem to know how to coach offense, defense, transition, anything... i'm done.

I would say Lin is a solid average but backup PG but not low. when your asset is PnR and fast breaks and no one comes up to help you set a screen what the hell are you supposed to do.

Lin should try to create his own shot if he wants to follow through on modelling himself after Ginobli and add it to his arsenal.

I think one of the strategic mistakes Lin has made is to try to score less and facilitate more. In his best games, he looks to score or at least penetrate like he's going to score and then pass from there. Or he combines scoring with passing. This PG and not combo approach PG he used to take makes his game weaker. He can take guys off of the dribble and shoot jump shots, and he was doing that for a few games, but I think Byron discouraged that. Whatever it is, the guy is not playing close to up to his potential.

I don't buy the average part, he's better than average, he could start or come off of the bench but he can play and make a difference and can be clutch like he was in the Boston game where he made that crazy buzzing beater drive at the end of the first half. He just has to be more assertive.
he had a chance to help get the game to 12 and blew the 2nd of 2 layups tonight so it looked like he was aggressive going inside but couldn't finish.

yeah, for some reason he didn't finish well tonight or shoot foul shots well. But that's the exception, he usually finishes those shots and hits most if not all of his FTs.

Lin should create his own shot?, like Kobe and Young and Price? How's that working out. The only chance the Lakers have is to work as a team, but thanks to the non coach BS, they don't, won't have a chance.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

House Lakesters wrote:

Google "rock bottom" it has a picture of the 76ers logo.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

"We're going to be smash-mouth basketball, man," Bryant said. "That's just how we're going to play. It's going to be nasty. It's going to be physical. We're a grind-it-out team. Our personalities are just that way, the guys that we have on the floor. We're all guys that put their hard hats on."

tbytc2012
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
bws94 wrote:
autoprt wrote:
bws94 wrote:
sigman wrote:
Jonathan1212 wrote:
sammysung wrote:
Lin out & Price in. Lin with just under 20min.

what does it matter?

lin is a low to average pg in the league. and with byron scott as your coach pretty much everyone is going to suck. no nba player can look good playing with absolutely no system. no rhythm. no flow. no sense.

all this attention on lin. byron scott doesn't seem to know how to coach offense, defense, transition, anything... i'm done.

I would say Lin is a solid average but backup PG but not low. when your asset is PnR and fast breaks and no one comes up to help you set a screen what the hell are you supposed to do.

Lin should try to create his own shot if he wants to follow through on modelling himself after Ginobli and add it to his arsenal.

I think one of the strategic mistakes Lin has made is to try to score less and facilitate more. In his best games, he looks to score or at least penetrate like he's going to score and then pass from there. Or he combines scoring with passing. This PG and not combo approach PG he used to take makes his game weaker. He can take guys off of the dribble and shoot jump shots, and he was doing that for a few games, but I think Byron discouraged that. Whatever it is, the guy is not playing close to up to his potential.

I don't buy the average part, he's better than average, he could start or come off of the bench but he can play and make a difference and can be clutch like he was in the Boston game where he made that crazy buzzing beater drive at the end of the first half. He just has to be more assertive.
he had a chance to help get the game to 12 and blew the 2nd of 2 layups tonight so it looked like he was aggressive going inside but couldn't finish.

yeah, for some reason he didn't finish well tonight or shoot foul shots well. But that's the exception, he usually finishes those shots and hits most if not all of his FTs.

Lin should create his own shot?, like Kobe and Young and Price? How's that working out. The only chance the Lakers have is to work as a team, but thanks to the non coach BS, they don't, won't have a chance.

I literally laughed when I saw you including Price. Seriously?
He cannot even buy a bucket when others try to create for him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
House Lakesters wrote:

LOLOL and a Dwayne Johnson gif
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

songunsw wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
swoosh-it wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
We Want Clarkson!

I know! At least let the poor guy get some experience. Price is not right!

We seriously need to develop him. The Price is Wrong and we want to see Clarkson.

The problem is not PG, is Kobe. can you guys notice it? too many ISOs.

No, the problem is the coach.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

did nash make that much of a difference? early on this team looked like it would make 8th seed no problem. also i think kobe is starting to wear down.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

Treble Clef wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
tonman wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
tonman wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
I wouldn't mind if Kobe retired now there's nothing left for him to prove this team suck ass he should hang up the sneakers. This Laker team is an embarrassment and a joke Kobe deserves much better.

so retire instead of trying to play team ball....

It does not matter if Kobe plays team ball they will still suck no matter what he does that's how bad they are. This is a black hole Kobe in his prime would have trouble dragging this team to playoffs.

no you don't get it. you establish a culture regardless if you are winning or losing. if that culture is to play unselfish and as a team, then you can go out and get guys to come in an compete in the same manner.

Lol this logic is flawed. Newsflish who does Kobe to pass to that can knockdown shots at a good rate. Now if Kobe had average to good cast around him I would question his motives shooting too much not trusting his teammates enough, but that is not the case here. Please stop blaming Kobe for this current mess he is on of few good players on this team.

They are making the shots at a much better rate than he is so I don't like that excuse. If he wants the ball to go through him on offense, it's his responsibility to find the open guy. If he wants to be a SHOOTING guard only, he needs to be willing to play off the ball. If he is going to control the ball and not trust the ball with anyone else, then we will see more of the same from this team.

I'm thinking he is just trying to pass Jordan and once he does, he will change up his play.

Come on man they don't command double team or same attention as Kobe does and not shooting near as much as Kobe so there shooting percentage will be better. Kobe does find the open guy and I see time and time again they miss or Kobe gets the ball with few secs led on shot clock and he shoots last sec shot that is difficult. Please stop being a Kobe hater thanks.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
"We're going to be smash-mouth basketball, man," Bryant said. "That's just how we're going to play. It's going to be nasty. It's going to be physical. We're a grind-it-out team. Our personalities are just that way, the guys that we have on the floor. We're all guys that put their hard hats on."

I wonder if Kobe would like to revise that statement.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
House Lakesters wrote:

Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
did nash make that much of a difference? early on this team looked like it would make 8th seed no problem. also i think kobe is starting to wear down.

If Kobe is wearing down already that's a bad sign he won't make it through the season.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

So DB has to make a thoughts post. Another Another he was minus pick a double digit. Another bad emoticon for Scott.
House Lakesters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
House Lakesters wrote:

lol...man i really really hate to say this, since I've been a fan of the guy since 2000

But I bet you the Lakers will be good again when Kobe is gone...only then can you truly start over
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Capt.Skyhook wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I wonder if Kobe would like to revise that statement.

He got the "nasty" part technically correct.
fqy1000
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

LegionOfDoom wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
allyoop wrote:
Lin mailed it in tonight. He played slow, he made half hearted attempts to attack. He also played some horrible defense and left his man many times.

Not suprising given the situation.

You were watching the game right? He had an off night shooting again but he played solid D. He was giving good help D, rotating when needed, and covering his man well. He was covering both Holiday and Mekel. He stayed in front of Holiday when he was driving to the rim and held Mekel to 1/5 shooting.

"I don't care about this help offense talk. When you left your man to cover someone else's man, that's called leaving your man. Leaving your man = horrible defense. This is the Lakers, man. We got championship culture going on. We look at things differently from the rest of the league. You might not understand. It's smash-mouth forward thinking."

I agree that "Leaving your man = horrible defense" But it's a team issue. Where's the man who supposed to be at the rotated positon?
House Lakesters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
House Lakesters wrote:

Rock bottom is if they can lock up the 2nd worst record...that gives them the most lottery balls after the 76ers who are the experts at tanking.

hmmm...or if they lock up the 2nd worst record but miss out on a Tim Duncan-esque player?

Maybe Kobe can pull a David Robinson and help us re-load on the fly?
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

fqy1000 wrote:
LegionOfDoom wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
allyoop wrote:
Lin mailed it in tonight. He played slow, he made half hearted attempts to attack. He also played some horrible defense and left his man many times.

Not suprising given the situation.

You were watching the game right? He had an off night shooting again but he played solid D. He was giving good help D, rotating when needed, and covering his man well. He was covering both Holiday and Mekel. He stayed in front of Holiday when he was driving to the rim and held Mekel to 1/5 shooting.

"I don't care about this help offense talk. When you left your man to cover someone else's man, that's called leaving your man. Leaving your man = horrible defense. This is the Lakers, man. We got championship culture going on. We look at things differently from the rest of the league. You might not understand. It's smash-mouth forward thinking."

I agree that "Leaving your man = horrible defense" But it's a team issue. Where's the man who supposed to be at the rotated positon?

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic but could be wrong.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27
Jump to: