Mark Heisler Laker "source": some free agent will sign and take our money
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I guess most people on LG have inside information that I don't have because I have yet to see Jim buss make one mistake to warrant any of the comments made about him. I guess espn really does control what people think. Since Jim took over he's done a great job as far as I'm concerned. He's taken chances when the opportunities were present and he's been patient when there were none.

Just a few years ago we had a team that looked like an all-time great on paper. We went out and got a so-called "offensive genius" to bring all the parts together in mike d'antoni. That was a great move.

I'm tired of hearing about how he passed on Phil when that was never the case. Phil is doing exactly what he wanted to do in LA. Once again a smart decision by buss. Just because Phil can coach doesn't make him a GM. We have a great GM in kupcheck and I'm glad he's there instead of Phil.

Jim buss couldn't control all of the injuries and he couldn't stop Dwight Howard from leaving. That's not his fault. It's better than paying Bynum to be Injured. Steve Nash was a bad move in hindsight but at the time we thought it was a steal.

idk why laker fans are so he'll bent on blaming Jim buss but I suppose they need to point the finger at someone. I'm glad Jim hasn't sunken down to the level of Phil and Jeanie by trying to pursued the media. He's honestly been a class act.

I'm also glad he stayed patient this offseason instead of spending money on third tier stars just to appease Los angeles cry baby fans. Right now the lakers are in a great situation and nobody can see the forest through the trees. Once we land our new franchise player we will have all the assets in the world and cap room to build around them. Durants agent is salivating at 2016.

Jim buss isn't the owner that la wants, but he's the owner you need. He's not gonna fold and do something stupid just so you like him like Cuban or be cheap like sterling. He's going to wait patiently and be ready when opportunity knocks.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
all players love max money.

Butler, Monroe, Rondo

Jim Buss' new mantra. Come to LA. We'll pay the best even if you're no where close to being the best. Use all our cap to be mediocre.

Except that has never happened, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Well we did use up all of our cap this past offseason and we are pretty mediocre, so... I just hope it won't happen again.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Is this the same guy who said MDA is coming back?

Not sure, he didn't name the source.
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Throw max at Jimmy Butler and Kawhi

If we can't get Mudiay, throw 12 a year to Reggie Jackson.

There should be NO excuse as to why we can't land a star this year. None of that, well we wanted to strike big on Melo or Lebron that they gave us this season.

Lol a man can dream. I'd throw max at both Kawahi and Butler, and hope we'd get either i'd doubt it though. Not too fond of Rjax game tbh seems like a poor man's westbrooke. Marc Gasol is not coming here next year either he will resign with the grizzlies esp with the way their playing he'd be stupid to leave. Higher chance of him going to Knicks then us why? because we have absolutely nothing to make him want to come here for, what team... a 36 year old kobe?

To the people who honestly think Durant is coming here i honestly just smh, he has the option of going "home" and playing along side 2 all-star caliber players in Wall and Beal among many other teams that are in an a better position than us. Best case scenario Randle wins Rookie of the year next year and plays absolutely amazing, we end up getting Mudiay who is a monster, but is that honestly enough to pull Durant away from Washington?, when you think about it honestly you know the answer is No.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Mark Heisler Laker "source": some free agent will sign and take our money

west wrote:
magical.lakers wrote:
just came across this on laker reddit

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/3/1/53154dd7b4d6ac3c/celtics_beat_127.mp3?c_id=8000805&expiration=1417982443&hwt=ff20af143e601d5ce3d8cf42046c54f0

celtics podcast but interesting. they had heisler on. starts at 21:30. lot of laker-celtic talk. hated listening to heisler kizz byron and jimmy azz. he said jimmy only made one mistake since being in charge lol please.

anyways he did say someone in the org told him that they are going to get a free agent. question is who. heisler didnt think itd be durant tho. could be someone this year

Just wondering, what was the one mistake?

He says, "hiring Mike Brown".
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
I guess most people on LG have inside information that I don't have because I have yet to see Jim buss make one mistake to warrant any of the comments made about him. I guess espn really does control what people think. Since Jim took over he's done a great job as far as I'm concerned. He's taken chances when the opportunities were present and he's been patient when there were none.

Just a few years ago we had a team that looked like an all-time great on paper. We went out and got a so-called "offensive genius" to bring all the parts together in mike d'antoni. That was a great move.

I'm tired of hearing about how he passed on Phil when that was never the case. Phil is doing exactly what he wanted to do in LA. Once again a smart decision by buss. Just because Phil can coach doesn't make him a GM. We have a great GM in kupcheck and I'm glad he's there instead of Phil.

Jim buss couldn't control all of the injuries and he couldn't stop Dwight Howard from leaving. That's not his fault. It's better than paying Bynum to be Injured. Steve Nash was a bad move in hindsight but at the time we thought it was a steal.

idk why laker fans are so he'll bent on blaming Jim buss but I suppose they need to point the finger at someone. I'm glad Jim hasn't sunken down to the level of Phil and Jeanie by trying to pursued the media. He's honestly been a class act.

I'm also glad he stayed patient this offseason instead of spending money on third tier stars just to appease Los angeles cry baby fans. Right now the lakers are in a great situation and nobody can see the forest through the trees. Once we land our new franchise player we will have all the assets in the world and cap room to build around them. Durants agent is salivating at 2016.

Jim buss isn't the owner that la wants, but he's the owner you need. He's not gonna fold and do something stupid just so you like him like Cuban or be cheap like sterling. He's going to wait patiently and be ready when opportunity knocks.

is this a joke?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
Chick-N-Stew wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

is this a joke?

No, it's a logical theory based on facts.

however I would like to go on the record saying one thing...Jim did make one mistake... He gave Phil and Jeanie exactly what they wanted. He made a public declaration to step down if he couldn't win in a few years. Other than that he's played his hand very well.
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

LG has a lot of hindsight GMs unfortunately.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

I cannot go THAT far to defend him but under Mitch/Jim I think every move is defensible. I thought we overpaid for Nash even BEFORE he got hurt but get that they wanted to go "all in" while Buss SR was still alive.

1. Dwight left but we offered max and we traded injured Bynum to get him ...
2. Pau left we offered him more than Bulls but he never recovered from us trading him ... (BTW Pau got 20 boards the other night he hadn't played that hard for us since the 2010 Finals he needed a change I am happy for him)

3. We offered Melo the max but thank God he turned us down.

4. I wanted Kobe to take less but after seeing decent not great players like Hayward and Parsons making money

Look we suck. And it's rough. But I think keeping our pick and hording cap space are the best end results for building our next contender.

our fanbase needs to exhibit some patience here.
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject:

I think fans are very patient when it comes to this team. no one thinks that we are going to make the playoffs this year but at least make it enjoyable to watch lol.

Byron is making this team into the most un-watchable team in the league.

main offensive weapon? Midrange jump shots. no PnR, no fastbreaks, less threes. Blahhh.

I would be find with that offense if we are at least good at it but no lol...
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

You're damn right. That's it.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

Considering that we only have four to five players under contract for next season, I have this eerie feeling we'll sign at least seven free agents. Just call me Nostradamus.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Considering that we only have four to five players under contract for next season, I have this eerie feeling we'll sign at least seven free agents. Just call me Nostradamus.

Lol
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
all players love max money.

Butler, Monroe, Rondo

Jim Buss' new mantra. Come to LA. We'll pay the best even if you're no where close to being the best. Use all our cap to be mediocre.

Except that we passed on a lot of free agents when it was clear that we weren't signing anyone notable.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

This man has some good sauces.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Someone will sign with the Lakers. There is at least 1 free agent who will play for the Lakers and take their money....

You're doing God's work, Heisler.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

How was it "never the case" that the team passed on Phil? They hired Mike D'Antoni instead of waiting another day or two to get an answer from him. That was a horrible move. This "offensive genius" was a failure with two teams before he coached the Lakers. He never even made the Finals with his loaded Suns teams and the team hires him instead of a guy with 13 Finals appearances and 11 rings?

Hiring D'Antoni was only a great move if you value bringing back Showtime over winning. And it was Showtime in LA-for whoever was playing the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I hope one FA who takes the Laker's money is Danny Green.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Duh, they have money, they will sign a FA. That belongs in the water is wet category.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

If Danny Green comes I hope he will bring Pop with him. I have no faith that Byron Scott will use any FA we may sign appropriately.
magical.lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If Danny Green comes I hope he will bring Pop with him. I have no faith that Byron Scott will use any FA we may sign appropriately.

love danny green but im hoping we do better than that with our money
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

The above post has been nominated for "JOKE OF THE YEAR".

The Lakers had: Phil Jackson, Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Odom

Jim Buss is put in charge... and his moves / decisions slowly decimate the Lakers:

1) Mike D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson

2) Signs Kobe to a ridiculous contract

3) Gives away draft picks like its free candy to get a washed up Steve Nash.

4) Trades their most valuable trading commodity (Bynum) to get an injured, lackadaisical Dwight Howard (who never wanted to be in LA and couldn't wait to get out of LA).

5) Jim Buss then backs up Mike D'Antoni (coach with ZERO Championships) who does nothing but misuse Pau (player with TWO Championships) basically telling Pau to F OFF all year. Pau (like Howard) couldn't wait to leave Jim Buss, Mike D'Antoni, etc and bolts to another team for (like Dwight Howard) less money.

6) Despite all the money, none of the top tier free agents sign with LA because they see a broken roster with Jim Buss still in charge.

7) After a string of pathetic coaching hires Rudy T, Mike B, Mike D... Jim Buss hires one of the worst coaches in the league in Byron Scott.

Where does this all leave us? A team lacking draft picks, an incompetent coach, a frustrated, overpaid aging player and a roster full of D-League talent.

And someone has the balls to say Jim Buss isn't the problem. LOL
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Danny Green is a good defender but his shooting is streaky(confidence player). He's a can't create for others because he's a poor ballhandler. He also rarely goes to the basket. He is literally the prototype 3 and D guy.

Now that I think about it though, He'd still be an upgrade over W.Johnson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

Danny Green without an effective drive and kick PG is worthless IMO. He is a great product of the Spurs' system. Here, he would be less valuable and more limited.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

[quote="M2K"]
PICKnPOP wrote:

The above post has been nominated for "JOKE OF THE YEAR".

The Lakers had: Phil Jackson, Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Odom

Jim Buss is put in charge... and his moves / decisions slowly decimate the Lakers:

1) Mike D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson

2) Signs Kobe to a ridiculous contract

3) Gives away draft picks like its free candy to get a washed up Steve Nash.

4) Trades their most valuable trading commodity (Bynum) to get an injured, lackadaisical Dwight Howard (who never wanted to be in LA and couldn't wait to get out of LA).

5) Jim Buss then backs up Mike D'Antoni (coach with ZERO Championships) who does nothing but misuse Pau (player with TWO Championships) basically telling Pau to F OFF all year. Pau (like Howard) couldn't wait to leave Jim Buss, Mike D'Antoni, etc and bolts to another team for (like Dwight Howard) less money.

6) Despite all the money, none of the top tier free agents sign with LA because they see a broken roster with Jim Buss still in charge.

7) After a string of pathetic coaching hires Rudy T, Mike B, Mike D... Jim Buss hires one of the worst coaches in the league in Byron Scott.

Where does this all leave us? A team lacking draft picks, an incompetent coach, a frustrated, overpaid aging player and a roster full of D-League talent.

And someone has the balls to say Jim Buss isn't the problem. LOL[/quote

"I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won" -Huey Freeman

I concede defeat. Truth is clearly measured by mass appeal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: