**** LOS ANGELES LAKERS vs SACRAMENTO KINGS (12/09/14) ****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoolxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

We started playing well when Price was on the bench.

Coincidence? Nope.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

sammysung wrote:
Avada wrote:
Price shouldn't even be in the league. He's useless. The fact that Scott is actually starting him and giving him 20+ min a night is just mindboggling.

He is only doing it because he hates Jeremy Lin.
price knows how to play the game to do what coaches like. there's real hustle and then the is fake bs hustle. don't care at this point i like the 2nd unit which kept kings close and the lakers closed it out, lets see if this translates against better teams. lin plays better with kobe after he's had time without kobe on the floor. they play well together just don't start well together.

Last edited by autoprt on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Spoolxx wrote:
We started playing well when Price was on the bench.

Coincidence? Nope.

When Price was in they truly left him wide open and double teamed others, perhaps the biggest drawback of Price... we're better off with no PG at all there and Ellington in for another offensive threat than whateve perceived nominal defensive benefit (I'm blind to it) of having Price out there, its really that simple... even when Lin is having an off shooting night he is always respected and well defended for his ability to drive and make shots or playmaking passes
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject:

angus wrote:
Lin played better defense tonight than Price on Collision in my (admittedly biased) view. Anyone else agree?

more or less the same... both were so so, not bad either, Collision was just hot tonight...
The problem is Ronnie gives you no offense, with him on the court, they will double Kobe every time, Kobe's offense struggles...
Jeremy has not adapted new role well yet, with this set up, the PG position is a big hole every game...

Jeremy used to beast on Collision every time they played against each other, one of his favorable matchup... now, ,
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Oh geez worthy are you serious?

Damn, I turned off my TV. What did he do?

He said he gives the game ball to Byron Scott because he made lineup switches that inspired winning

Worthy was doing the Defense dance across the set.

That part was just him being silly. Crediting byron with the win was absolutely ridiculous.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

everyone playing reasonable minutes except kobe.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I honestly think Davis should be with the 2nd unit because his FT shooting is so attrocious that they'd do Hack-a-Davis down the stretch. For that reason, might as well make Boozer happy and let him have his gig back. Davis and Lin would unite on the same line, our 2nd unit would be more effective.

Last edited by 13th Man on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
purple.23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Oh no. Boozer is talking about defense. Nobody ever says the other team sucked.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
I honestly think Davis should be with the 2nd unit because his FT shooting is so attrocious that tey'd do Hack-a-Davis down the stretch. For that reason, might as well make Boozer happy and let him have his gig back. Davis and Lin will unite on the same line, our 2nd unit would be more effective.
i'll never happen, scott doesn't want those two together for some reason.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
sammysung wrote:
Avada wrote:
Price shouldn't even be in the league. He's useless. The fact that Scott is actually starting him and giving him 20+ min a night is just mindboggling.

He is only doing it because he hates Jeremy Lin.
price knows how to play the game to do what coaches like. there's real hustle and then the is fake bs hustle. don't care at this point i like the 2nd unit which kept kings close and the lakers closed it out, lets see if this translates against better teams. lin plays better with kobe after he's had time without kobe on the floor. they play well together just don't start well together.

this is one game, the second unit just got hot in shooting... basically all one on one, this type success will not sustain...
Sacre surprised with his active D tonight, he did a better job, seems improved.
Lin still has not figured out what his role is... if he keeps playing like this, 5 shots, 3 points per game, he is playing himself out of this league...
He has to figure out to make a bigger impact on the game, Byron is not going to help for sure...
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
I honestly think Davis should be with the 2nd unit because his FT shooting is so attrocious that they'd do Hack-a-Davis down the stretch. For that reason, might as well make Boozer happy and let him have his gig back. Davis and Lin would unite on the same line, our 2nd unit would be more effective.

Boozer was closing the game, the de facto starter... does not matter if he starts or not...
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Lin and Davis should be starting, but whether starting or in 2nd unit PLEASE let them give you a chance to show you what they can do together (which they've done with the teeny bit of time thay have had on the floor together this season... can't we just try letting them hookup for four or five or so games just to try it out, what do you have to lose BScott? I think this could be tremendous option to free up Kobe and Swaggy P and Ellington to shoot more open efficient shots if you design more plays for them both to workout that rim
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
angus wrote:
Lin played better defense tonight than Price on Collision in my (admittedly biased) view. Anyone else agree?

more or less the same... both were so so, not bad either, Collision was just hot tonight...
The problem is Ronnie gives you no offense, with him on the court, they will double Kobe every time, Kobe's offense struggles...
Jeremy has not adapted new role well yet, with this set up, the PG position is a big hole every game...

Jeremy used to beast on Collision every time they played against each other, one of his favorable matchup... now, ,

It is quite obvious Lin and Ed complement each other. So obvious that everybody see it.

and they play together like... 2 mins in the whole game? Last game Lin have a nice behind the back pass to Ed for a dunk. Today have the alleyoop. Ed run better PnR with Lin than any other big on the team. and they don't even play with each other.

Lin gives Ed easy dunk. Ed set pick for Lin and give him space. Not hard to figure that out. If BS bench Lin for the good of the team, then at least play them together. EVERYBODY know it. Other than some type of hidden agenda. I don't know how to explain it.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

For some reason I discounted Lin ever starting again, hence why I want Davis on the bench. After this win, BS thinks that the Price is Right!
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
angus wrote:

It is quite obvious Lin and Ed complement each other. So obvious that everybody see it.

and they play together like... 2 mins in the whole game? Last game Lin have a nice behind the back pass to Ed for a dunk. Today have the alleyoop. Ed run better PnR with Lin than any other big on the team. and they don't even play with each other.

Lin gives Ed easy dunk. Ed set pick for Lin and give him space. Not hard to figure that out. If BS bench Lin for the good of the team, then at least play them together. EVERYBODY know it. Other than some type of hidden agenda. I don't know how to explain it.

you got to understand this team's offense is not set around Lin, or would Byron try to find some sets to get Lin going... everything is Kobe now.
By the way, Ronnie found Ed under the basket well too...

after the preseason, Byron said the offense is about Kobe and Jeremy Lin.... however, the first 20 games was rocky at best, some games worked, some games did not.... now, since the Minny game, Byron totally shift the offense, and it does not seem he wants to built on some success of Kobe and Lin's two men game... i think he felt this team's offense is fine without Lin's production, everything is about defense now.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
For some reason I discounted Lin ever starting again, hence why I want Davis on the bench. After this win, BS thinks that the Price is Right!

BS think he is always right no matter what happened.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
13th Man wrote:

BS is full of it.
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
angus wrote:

you got to understand this team's offense is not set around Lin, or would Byron try to find some sets to get Lin going... everything is Kobe now.

after the preseason, Byron said the offense is about Kobe and Jeremy Lin.... however, the first 20 games was rocky at best, some games worked, some games did not.... now, since the Minny game, Byron totally shift the offense, and it does not seem he wants to built on some success of Kobe and Lin's two men game... i think he felt this team's offense is fine without Lin's production, everything is about defense now.

Yes, everyone know it is all about Kobe. but there are time that Kobe is not there. Especially when Lin is now on the 2nd unit. So why not put Ed and Lin together when it is super obvious that they play well together?
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:
fafan wrote:
13th Man wrote:

BS is full of it.

Just wait till the next 8 games (1-9), when he changes the line up.
Minney will beat us on speed.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
fafan wrote:
13th Man wrote:

BS is full of it.

He is changing the lineup again?

I wish Byron would pair Davis up with Lin. I really want to see how much damage these two can do with a little bit more chemistry.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
fafan wrote:
13th Man wrote:

BS is full of it.

I wish Byron would pair Davis up with Lin. I really want to see how much damage these two can do with a little bit more chemistry.

Pardon my ignorance but where did all of this stuff about Lin and Davis come from?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
fafan wrote:
13th Man wrote:

BS is full of it.

Pardon my ignorance but where did all of this stuff about Lin and Davis come from?

Crazy chemistry together in preseason. Never see the floor together in the regular season.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
angus wrote:

Yes, everyone know it is all about Kobe. but there are time that Kobe is not there. Especially when Lin is now on the 2nd unit. So why not put Ed and Lin together when it is super obvious that they play well together?

the priority is to get first unit going in the defensive end, so Ed has to be in the first unit..
Lin is not in the first unit, even if he is in, I doubt Byron will let them play a lot of PnR, basically the offense is everything about the free up Kobe, let him make plays, either shoot or pass to teammates...
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
fafan wrote:
13th Man wrote:

BS is full of it.

Crazy chemistry together in preseason. Never see the floor together in the regular season.

I really hope Byron would give us a little taste of that in regular season.
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
fafan wrote:
13th Man wrote:

BS is full of it.

Hum... actually this made me realized something. Maybe not everybody realized about the chemistry that Lin and Davis show during the pre-season.

Before Nash goes down. Lin was playing with Ed in the 2nd unit. Ed would do PnR over and over again when they played together and Ed got a lot of easy dunk or layup from those. Even during practice the 2nd team beat the 1st team and Lin and Davis did a lot of damage in that line up.

During the pre-season, Lin and Ed both played really well. Everybody was pleased. Lin praise Ed's effort, Ed praise Lin saying Lin made his job a lot easier on scoring, always able to find him and give him easy basket.

And then when regular season started. Lin moved to the starting. And they don't really played much together since than. When they did though, it shows signs of their chemistry. but not as often as during the pre-season.

So for people who did not pay attention to pre-season. maybe the whole Lin - Ed combo thing is totally unknown
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43
Jump to: