Building around julius randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
This was what I was looking forward to this season:

So sad...

Man, randle was just starting to put it all together. The decision making out there was excellent. He was patient and wasn't forcing anything. If they gave him space he took the jumper, when they put a small on him he posted up, and his man just can't stay in front of him in transition. Randle is going to be a problem!

i just hope we can get him a star point guard to help maximize his skills. It would be nice for him to have a guy who can get him a few easy baskets every game. I think mudiay can do that but his decision making is horrible right now. Luckily, Scott seems to be pretty good at developing hound star point guards. His system seems to need one
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject:

RUSSELL WESTBROOK or KEVIN DURANT teaming up with my boy GORAN DRAGIC will be the FOUNDATION of YOUR Los Angeles Lakers!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

So sad...

Man, randle was just starting to put it all together. The decision making out there was excellent. He was patient and wasn't forcing anything. If they gave him space he took the jumper, when they put a small on him he posted up, and his man just can't stay in front of him in transition. Randle is going to be a problem!

i just hope we can get him a star point guard to help maximize his skills. It would be nice for him to have a guy who can get him a few easy baskets every game. I think mudiay can do that but his decision making is horrible right now. Luckily, Scott seems to be pretty good at developing hound star point guards. His system seems to need one

How's he doing with Clarkson?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
RUSSELL WESTBROOK or KEVIN DURANT teaming up with my boy GORAN DRAGIC will be the FOUNDATION of YOUR Los Angeles Lakers!

If the lakers have westbrook, why would they go after dragic? That makes no sense.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

If the lakers have westbrook, why would they go after dragic? That makes no sense.

It can't be the Lakers without some sort of drama (controversy)
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Why wouldn't they? Westbrook is a SHOOTING GUARD. If you really believe he's a PG ... hahahahaha
#Avatar-gate
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Why wouldn't they? Westbrook is a SHOOTING GUARD. If you really believe he's a PG ... hahahahaha

It's not hahahhaha. His position is PG and has been since the day he stepped in the NBA. His style of play is an attacking/scoring PG.

Ryan Anderson is a POWER forward not a hooting guard
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Westbrook has played pg his whole career in the NBA. That's his position. And not only that but he doesn't have the height to play shooting guard. He would be an undersized sg if you moved him to the 2. So the only person making funny comments is you.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Let's not jump the gun.

We first thought that we would get Dwight. He said No. Then we wanted Gasol. He said No. We went after Camelo and Lebron. The both said no.

We wanted Kevin Love. That did not work either.

Let's wait before we start talking about Westbrook and Durant.
rtype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject:

does anyone know his current situation? is playing already or still on crutches?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That is why it was my opinion that surrounding him with some shooters who can also defend is a good way to go.

Yup Brandon Knight would be a young, shooting pg, who can defend.

He also needs a rim protector behind him. Which we have in Ed Davis, but also should pursue in FA if we don't get a top 5 pick
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

So sad...

is there another PF this smooth off the dribble in the NBA right now?

Yup! Can't wait till he's back in action!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

So sad...

How's he doing with Clarkson?

Same as the Lakers did with Kobe and Bynum.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Westbrook has played pg his whole career in the NBA. That's his position. And not only that but he doesn't have the height to play shooting guard. He would be an undersized sg if you moved him to the 2. So the only person making funny comments is you.

Like Tim Duncan is a "PF" right? hahaha
#Avatar-gate
D's Advocate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

No reason for you guys to believe me since this if 3rd hand information, but someone I know saw the X-ray after Randle broke his leg. Said it was a shockingly bad break considering the amount of contact. Not a clean break but shards of tibia. Considering the severity of the injury he thinks we need to lower our expectations for Randle and when he'll be back anywhere near his previous state. So maybe hold off on building around him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

D's Advocate wrote:
No reason for you guys to believe me since this if 3rd hand information, but someone I know saw the X-ray after Randle broke his leg. Said it was a shockingly bad break considering the amount of contact. Not a clean break but shards of tibia. Considering the severity of the injury he thinks we need to lower our expectations for Randle and when he'll be back anywhere near his previous state. So maybe hold off on building around him.

Even if there was the expectation of a full recovery, why would you build around an unknown quantity?

We develop, we grow and when the time is right, then we do it.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

Randle has shown that he has the skillset to build around and he's on a cheap contract for 4 years. Recovery time for that type of injury is only 7 months, he'll have about a full year to recover. He'll be fine, more then enough time to recover. He has all star potential, the Lakers will build around him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Let's not jump the gun.

We first thought that we would get Dwight. He said No. Then we wanted Gasol. He said No. We went after Camelo and Lebron. The both said no.

We wanted Kevin Love. That did not work either.

Let's wait before we start talking about Westbrook and Durant.

?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Randle has shown that he has the skillset to build around and he's on a cheap contract for 4 years. Recovery time for that type of injury is only 7 months, he'll have about a full year to recover. He'll be fine, more then enough time to recover. He has all star potential, the Lakers will build around him.

Agreed 100%
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers could just sign a decent full sized center who can anchor the defense....start Randle....move Ed Davis to anchor the bench crew...develop Clarkson to start....if they don't trade Jordan Hill for something good, then play him with the bench guys as a PF.....

Maybe they will improve some next year even without that top five pick. They'll still have Swaggy!
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Shows flashes of Derrick Coleman at the same age/age range with his handle with the ball. Coleman in his best years was a respectable outside shooter and amazing talent. Also was able to knock down the three ball. I can see Randle developing that same ability. Some see him more comparable to Zach Randolph, but Ramndolph wasn't as quick on his feet and athletic
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
If the Lakers could just sign a decent full sized center who can anchor the defense....start Randle....move Ed Davis to anchor the bench crew...develop Clarkson to start....if they don't trade Jordan Hill for something good, then play him with the bench guys as a PF.....

Maybe they will improve some next year even without that top five pick. They'll still have Swaggy!

That sure sounds like a middle of the pack team. Not good enough to win anything and not bad enough to get a game changer rookie. Laker fans must be use to mediocrity since we're in our 3rd year of it.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Im sorry, But i wouldn't build around a kid we haven't even seen play in the NBA yet.. Thats a lot to put on someone and a lot of pieces to put around someone that might not pan out. I love the kid and his game, but still i need to see more before making him the focal point of the lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject:

Pippen Aint Easy wrote:
Im sorry, But i wouldn't build around a kid we haven't even seen play in the NBA yet.. Thats a lot to put on someone and a lot of pieces to put around someone that might not pan out. I love the kid and his game, but still i need to see more before making him the focal point of the lakers

I've seen him play in the NBA
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:

i really hope Randle works on that 18 footer jumper. He really cant run or do anything. I think he can stand just shoot that jumper day and night so he has that down. having that jumper down would scare bigs so he could easily face up and take them off the dribble.

building around randle. anyteam needs a good center. someone to protect the paint, grab boards, have the strength to guard other big men.

a nice point guard would be ideal to run pick and roll with randle.

A WING that can get his at will, so no to much pressure for the kid to carry offensive load

another 3and D wing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: