Brooklyn players
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Brooklyn players

just saw Marc stein is reporting that the Nets have made D-will, Brook Lopez & Joe Johnson available..

i feel like we could put a package for D-Will and Lopez together and that could make a huge difference... what do you guys think?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Brooklyn players

gus26 wrote:
just saw Marc stein is reporting that the Nets have made D-will, Brook Lopez & Joe Johnson available..

i feel like we could put a package for D-Will and Lopez together and that could make a huge difference... what do you guys think?

No thanks. DWill and Brook are due to break down anytime.

Unfortunately, the FO probably will be interested in them b/c they are "big names."

Joe Johnson may be the most interesting player on there but I want to tank.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

D-Will & Lopez?

I would rather re-hire Mike Brown than trade for those two
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

Sure they expire when Kobe does. I would just take on an extra year of salary without giving up any picks. Maybe get a pick from them.
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject:

D will expires a year after. No I wouldn't.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Brooklyn players

gus26 wrote:

Lopez is already out, so I would pass. Maybe if Deron were younger, though the idea of having an Illini on the team sounds good to me. But I would prefer the lottery pick and future cap space.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
Sure they expire when Kobe does. I would just take on an extra year of salary without giving up any picks. Maybe get a pick from them.

I think Boston owns all their upcoming picks.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject:

Don't touch any of those garbage contracts.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

Seriously, I have no idea what this team is trying to do.

If they want to make a run for Kobe's last year, you make the trade. Otherwise, you do absolutely nothing.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

If Mitch and Jeanie/Jim want Kobe to go out in style... these sort of players would help the job easier...... I would diff do Lin for Deron Williams..... Williams is still a Top-10 PG..... and if you can get Lopez by using Hill and Hou's pick..... we will have a lot of assets to dangle down the road.
JaySole
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject:

^ I wouldn't. Deron still sucks in the horrible eastern conference. Can't imagine him now back in the west..
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject:

for what? to compete for the 8th playoff spot while not building anything for the future? It makes us better in the short term but feels like it set back our rebuilding process a few years.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

JaySole wrote:
^ I wouldn't. Deron still sucks in the horrible eastern conference. Can't imagine him now back in the west..

Doughboy is still 20X better player then Lin...... Lopez is a very interesting piece we can use for a bigger trade down the road... I'd be very disappointed if the Lakers don't give the Nets GM a phone call.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

DWill, 16/7 in 36 minutes per game. Lin can easily replicate that if he got the minutes/touches.

Lopez has played around 90 games TOTAL in 3 seasons. NO THANKS (and he has a player option which he will certainly use).

Johnson is the best of the bunch, but do you really want the #1 and #3 highest paid players on the same team? That's insane. Might as well get Amare and we have top 3 paid players.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If Mitch and Jeanie/Jim want Kobe to go out in style... these sort of players would help the job easier...... I would diff do Lin for Deron Williams..... Williams is still a Top-10 PG..... and if you can get Lopez by using Hill and Hou's pick..... we will have a lot of assets to dangle down the road.

The Nets would likely do all of the above even if the Lakers didn't send a pick.

They are looking to dump salary and need a chump Front office or multiple chump Front Offices to do it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:

Problem with Deron is how much money he's making and he's 30.
If the Lakers are intending to rebuild signing D-Will is not the way to go.
If they want to win now though, signing Deron would be a last gasp attempt to get Kobe another ring. That being said, I don't see how this signing would improve the Lakers chances at challenging the elite teams in the western conference. Theres just too much youth and firepower at the top.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DWill, 16/7 in 36 minutes per game. Lin can easily replicate that if he got the minutes/touches.

Lopez has played around 90 games TOTAL in 3 seasons. NO THANKS (and he has a player option which he will certainly use).

Johnson is the best of the bunch, but do you really want the #1 and #3 highest paid players on the same team? That's insane. Might as well get Amare and we have top 3 paid players.

Don't disrespect, Williams by comparing him to a below-average PG in Lin..... Williams is a real stud when his game is on.... he can easily get you 30 points a night when he's feeling it.... If the Lakers don't want Kobe to end his career on a bad note.... these guys would surely help ease the pain.......
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

So that's why they gave him a D-League roster this season.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't disrespect, Williams by comparing him to a below-average PG in Lin..... Williams is a real stud when his game is on.... he can easily get you 30 points a night when he's feeling it.... If the Lakers don't want Kobe to end his career on a bad note.... these guys would surely help ease the pain.......

D-Will basically schooled Lin at the height of his Linsanity powers when he was a Knick. Dropped 3's on him like it was nothing. I remember watching that game. Lin has his athleticism, but D-Will has the basketball smarts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Do you even watch Nets games? I happen to live in the area so please...

He doesn't have the quickness anymore. Can't play D. No, he is not the kind of guy given his injuries that you want, especially at his price. Goodbye free agency 2015 if you want him.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
So that's why they gave him a D-League roster this season.

I think the org plan was to give him a 2nd superstar... when Melo/LeBron declined to come... that's when the Lakers stood pat and decided to give out 1-year deals again... you can argue that..... those moves they made in the summer basically ruined our season... cause we didn't do anything to get assets out of our flexibility.....
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He doesn't have the quickness anymore. Can't play D. No, he is not the kind of guy given his injuries that you want, especially at his price. Goodbye free agency 2015 if you want him.

Surely..... Deron Williams is the most realistic good PG we can have..... Dragic/Rondo are likely to stay with there teams... and if Lin walks in the summer and we're left with nothing.... then not making a play for Williams would have hurt.
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

DWIL is better than LIN
and kobe may trust him better also maybe try to pry Mirza Teletovic,
Alan Anderson or even Mason Plumlee
off that team to
F it jimmy does not have a vision where we are headed
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=linje01&p2=willide01
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Surely..... Deron Williams is the most realistic good PG we can have..... Dragic/Rondo are likely to stay with there teams... and if Lin walks in the summer and we're left with nothing.... then not making a play for Williams would have hurt.

So you're willing to kiss the 2015 free agency goodbye for a PG who average 16/7 in 36 mpg? Not me. I've watched him this year and he's a shell of his dominant self. His ankles are also made of glass too. 3 years ago I would be fine.

If he's so good, why are the Nets putting him on the block? (answer, they're doing so before he gets his next major injury).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: