Brooklyn players
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I would pass on all three but if we had to choose one, I would rather have Lopez. He's still young and showed that he can play when he's on the court. He also wouldn't hurt the tank because he'll probably miss some games this year. If he does get traded I would sit him out for the rest of the season and hope that he can be healthy next year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I would pass on all three but if we had to choose one, I would rather have Lopez. He's still young and showed that he can play when he's on the court. He also wouldn't hurt the tank because he'll probably miss some games this year. If he does get traded I would sit him out for the rest of the season and hope that he can be healthy next year.

He has a player option for 2015 which he will pick up. That eats into any cap space.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He has a player option for 2015 which he will pick up. That eats into any cap space.
I know, still would take Lopez over Williams and Johnson because of his age and upside. There are other players I would rather have like Jordan or Rondo, but I wouldn't mind Lopez for the right price.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I know, still would take Lopez over Williams and Johnson because of his age and upside. There are other players I would rather have like Jordan or Rondo, but I wouldn't mind Lopez for the right price.

You also realize Lopez hasn't played over 100 games total in 3 years? Robin will probably have a better and longer career than Brook.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

You also realize Lopez hasn't played over 100 games total in 3 years? Robin will probably have a better and longer career than Brook.
I do but it would be too good of a deal to pass up, he's a top 5 C when he's playing. Robin is nowhere near as talented as Brook.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I do but it would be too good of a deal to pass up, he's a top 5 C when he's playing. Robin is nowhere near as talented as Brook.

With Brook it's not about the talent. He simply cannot get healthy to play. That's why Robin will have a longer and better career. I'd avoid Brook. His career is on the verge of being jeopardy.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Given our team's circumstances and the projected career's of these 3 players, you can't logically advocate for any of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If he's so good, why are the Nets putting him on the block? (answer, they're doing so before he gets his next major injury).

I'm guessing there trying to establish a new identity in Brooklyn that is why they want to start over... if you look at there record they are still good enough to be a playoff team in the East.

they are probably looking to see what they can fetch... it's the same reason why Pau was in the trading block for all those years when he was a Laker.... it's a business.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

lopez and KG for Hill + Nash
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Russian owner is bored of owning a losing team and trying to sell....the economic sanctions are taking a hit on their assets so they need to generate cash somewhere. The Nets even in their diminished state would still make him a lot of money from the sale.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:

Our target is simple and should be Lopez, hands down. Who cares if he's been injured early in his career, he's only 26 and hasn't even reached a prime state yet. If he can get to a place where he understands his body is his main asset to making it in this league and learn how to prevent injuries, he'll be a great player in this league. He's shown what he's capable of, no doubt.

I say we go after him and be willing to do close to whatever is possible. However this draft is pretty deep with big men so we should choose carefully.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

He hasn't had a healthy season in the last 4 years, more than half of his career.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

He hasn't had a healthy season in the last 4 years, more than half of his career.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: