"Sony Hack" Updates: Disgruntled Ex-Sony employee "Lena" behind hack not North Korea; Spider-Man Reboot with Ryan Gosling; Men in Black / Jump Street Crossover; more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Grammer wrote:
As if there was ever any doubt.

Quote:
U.S. investigators have determined hackers working for North Korea were behind the Sony hack and an announcement could come as soon as Thursday, U.S. law enforcement sources told CNN.

CNN Link

Quote:
Michael Moore ✔ @MMFlint
Follow
Dear Sony Hackers: now that u run Hollywood, I'd also like less romantic comedies, fewer Michael Bay movies and no more Transformers.

How can someone manage to screw up the proper usage of "less" versus "fewer" and get it right in one sentence?

Way to go Michael Moore!
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I think america, since 9/11 has gone backwards

you let computer geeks, that are 5000 miles away, influence a whole company to take a movie that i personally wanted to see, taken down thats personally stupid and let terrorists win

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject:

N. Korea is going to declare these hackers as national heroes. They'll hold a parade and have a huge awards ceremony where all of them will be gifted with a loaf of bread.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Some Reviews for The Interview

Ironically the only good/funny segment of the film is the first 45 mins without Kim Jong Un. Apparently the story goes down hill after his introduction.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:

you let computer geeks, that are 5000 miles away, influence a whole company to take a movie that i personally wanted to see, taken down thats personally stupid and let terrorists win

Not to mention a technologically inept country at that....
If they had to pool their resources to take down Sony Pictures, it doesn't say much for the cybersecurity team over there.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject:

the little respect Sony gained from me for standing up to North Korean cry babies is now down the drain
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Not to mention a technologically inept country at that....
If they had to pool their resources to take down Sony Pictures, it doesn't say much for the cybersecurity team over there.

Indeed, i mean its a slap in the face for expression

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Chicken(bleep)s.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Chicken(bleep)s.

Yeah, even though their hands were somewhat tied by the theater chains backing out of their commitments, there were still ways to show the film if there was a will to do so.

I think a large part of this is Sony hoping they can stop the hemorrhage of embarrassing information being leaked about the company. From their standpoint it's better to lose out on the revenue and take the PR hit from backing down than it is

That said, they are stupid if they think that giving in means more information won't get leaked.

NK (or whomever is really behind this) isn't going to simply say, "OK, we won. We're done).

Sony clearly feels they have much more dirt that can be leaked and is running scared. And we know that theater bombings weren't really in the cards.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Chicken(bleep)s.

Yeah, even though their hands were somewhat tied by the theater chains backing out of their commitments, there were still ways to show the film if there was a will to do so.

I think a large part of this is Sony hoping they can stop the hemorrhage of embarrassing information being leaked about the company. From their standpoint it's better to lose out on the revenue and take the PR hit from backing down than it is

That said, they are stupid if they think that giving in means more information won't get leaked.

NK (or whomever is really behind this) isn't going to simply say, "OK, we won. We're done).

Sony clearly feels they have much more dirt that can be leaked and is running scared. And we know that theater bombings weren't really in the cards.

It's that last piece that makes I do wonder about. Do we really know that wasn't in the cards? I am sure Sony initially didn't think them being hacked to this extent was a possibility, even upon having received initial warnings. I'd like to believe that wasn't in the cards, but there's a lot of crazies out there who may have helped whatever hacking group did this fulfill their wishes (similar to the guy in Sydney who was apparently unaffiliated with ISIS trying to fight the good cause on their behalf with that hostage situation this week).
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Chicken(bleep)s.

It's that last piece that makes I do wonder about. Do we really know that wasn't in the cards? I am sure Sony initially didn't think them being hacked to this extent was a possibility, even upon having received initial warnings. I'd like to believe that wasn't in the cards, but there's a lot of crazies out there who may have helped whatever hacking group did this fulfill their wishes (similar to the guy in Sydney who was apparently unaffiliated with ISIS trying to fight the good cause on their behalf with that hostage situation this week).

Is it possible that NK has a couple of operatives over here that could bomb a theater? Sure.

Is it remotely possible that they have a network of sympathizers that are so capable and appropriately equipped that they could stage a widespread, simultaneous attack on theaters here in the US? Not remotely likely. NK can barely pull off cheesy moves like firing a few artillery shells at a small island that they have a dispute over. The idea that they have the ability to have delivered on their threats on all the theaters that were scheduled to show "The Interview" is preposterous.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Chicken(bleep)s.

Is it possible that NK has a couple of operatives over here that could bomb a theater? Sure.

Is it remotely possible that they have a network of sympathizers that are so capable and appropriately equipped that they could stage a widespread, simultaneous attack on theaters here in the US? Not remotely likely. NK can barely pull off cheesy moves like firing a few artillery shells at a small island that they have a dispute over. The idea that they have the ability to have delivered on their threats on all the theaters that were scheduled to show "The Interview" is preposterous.

Fair enough. I just wonder what happens for Sony and our country's well being if even that small network of sympathizers operated. Either way, I do agree that this didn't really buy them much.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Chicken(bleep)s.

North Korean agents bombed a commercial airline, so anything is possible....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Flight_858
That being said, Sony giving into threats of a bunch of computer hackers isn't a good precedent for free speech. I think the possibility of them carrying out attacks on the network of thousands of movie theatres would've been impossible anyways. If you want to hurt the North Korean government, what better what to do that than to dump the film on the internet and let it spread like wildfire. It will be the hottest download since the fappening....
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand this. American films have "enraged" foreign powers countless times over the decades. This is the first time that I remember movie chains buckling to a dictatorship shaking their fists.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
I don't understand this. American films have "enraged" foreign powers countless times over the decades. This is the first time that I remember movie chains buckling to a dictatorship shaking their fists.

Especially one that has practically cocooned itself from the rest of the world.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Olympus down
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Wow Sony. You suck.

Not sure Sony had much choice once all the theaters refused to show it.

If they were smart it would be available on VOD this Friday.

I saw a nice suggestion on Facebook.

Do a free VOD with a suggested donation of $5 to go towards the fight against Ebola.

That was Mitt Romney's suggestion. https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/545379913772302336
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

Celebs lashing out:

Quote:
Damon Wayans Yunion
We do not negotiate with terrorists. We just do exactly what they say.

Quote:
Ben Stiller
Really hard to believe this is the response to a threat to freedom of expression here in America.

Quote:
Judd Apatow
What if an anonymous person got offended by something an executive at Coke said. Will we all have to stop drinking Coke?

Quote:
Jimmy Kimmel
. @JuddApatow I agree wholeheartedly. An un-American act of cowardice that validates terrorist actions and sets a terrifying precedent.

Quote:
Steve Carell
Sad day for creative expression. #feareatsthesoul

Quote:
Rob Lowe
Saw @Sethrogen at JFK. Both of us have never seen or heard of anything like this. Hollywood has done Neville Chamberlain proud today.

Quote:
Quote:
Rob Lowe
Wow. Everyone caved. The hackers won. An utter and complete victory for them. Wow.

Newt Gingrich
. [AT] RobLowe it wasn't the hackers who won, it was the terrorists and almost certainly the North Korean dictatorship, this was an act of war

Quote:
Zach Braff
Canceling "The Interview" seems like a pretty horrible precedent to set.

Quote:
Dax Shepard
While I understand the necessity to pull The Interview, it makes me furious. Free speech is the most admirable tenet in our constitution.

Quote:
Josh Gad
The precedent of letting a nation state get away w cyber terrorism is 1 that will set the tone for anyone who wishes 2 suppress our freedoms

Quote:
Michael Moore
Dear Sony Hackers: now that u run Hollywood, I'd also like less romantic comedies, fewer Michael Bay movies and no more Transformers.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject:

Sony should just release to movie on line for free.
Let them have the last laugh.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject:

Could it be possible North Korea is being framed?

Paging Dennis Rodman
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

Newt Gingrich being stupid as usual.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Chicken(bleep)s.

North Korean agents bombed a commercial airline, so anything is possible....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Flight_858
That being said, Sony giving into threats of a bunch of computer hackers isn't a good precedent for free speech. I think the possibility of them carrying out attacks on the network of thousands of movie theatres would've been impossible anyways. If you want to hurt the North Korean government, what better what to do that than to dump the film on the internet and let it spread like wildfire. It will be the hottest download since the fappening....

Yes, one incident almost 30 years ago does demonstrate quite a prolific threat.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject:

On a side note, the actual movie looks stupid. Just another "adult males acting like children" movie.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Steve Carell
Sad day for creative expression.

Says the person who brought us "Evan Almighty".
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
On a side note, the actual movie looks stupid. Just another "adult males acting like children" movie.

Well that's kind of the whole point of the movie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11
Jump to: