Wolves ready to blow up the roster

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Wolves ready to blow up the roster

Quote:

With injuries to Nikola Pekovic, Ricky Rubio and Kevin Martin, the Minnesota Timberwolves are shifting the focus of the season to a rebuild.

Flip Saunders headed into the season hopeful that it would be more of a "retool" with a "blended" roster.

“Now you look at a situation where we might be going into a rebuild, which changes the dynamics of everything,” Saunders said.

The Wolves could look to trade veterans such as Martin, Corey Brewer, Thaddeus Young and Mo Williams, while opening up more playing time for Andrew Wiggins, Zach LaVine, Anthony Bennett, Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng.

LINK

I expect Mitch/Jim to be active on the trade front with a lot of quality pieces on the trade block from the Nets/Wolves side..... I can see the Lakers dangling for someone.... let's hope the Lakers are on the phone right now.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

Who would we have that they want if they are doing a complete rebuild?

I can only think maybe Clarkson and Randle. I wouldn't trade Randle for anyone they have available. And really, the only one that seems interesting is Thaddeus Young, but I'm not sure if he's really enough to part with Clarkson. We're kind of in the middle of a rebuild of our own.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wolves ready to blow up the roster

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:

With injuries to Nikola Pekovic, Ricky Rubio and Kevin Martin, the Minnesota Timberwolves are shifting the focus of the season to a rebuild.

Flip Saunders headed into the season hopeful that it would be more of a "retool" with a "blended" roster.

“Now you look at a situation where we might be going into a rebuild, which changes the dynamics of everything,” Saunders said.

The Wolves could look to trade veterans such as Martin, Corey Brewer, Thaddeus Young and Mo Williams, while opening up more playing time for Andrew Wiggins, Zach LaVine, Anthony Bennett, Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng.

LINK

I expect Mitch/Jim to be active on the trade front with a lot of quality pieces on the trade block from the Nets/Wolves side..... I can see the Lakers dangling for someone.... let's hope the Lakers are on the phone right now.

Ha. But of course they are. Never change 2.0.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

After the Minne game I started to really covet Zach LaVine. Why the hell did Minne ever fire David Kahn?
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

Minny being Minny

*sigh*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

We need a scoring dynamic pg like mo Williams.. We need someone like him.. He's a true baller
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
We need a scoring dynamic pg like mo Williams.. We need someone like him.. He's a true baller

No we don't. We don't need any of the crap that the Wolves are making available.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolves ready to blow up the roster

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:

LINK

yuck
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

i'll take wiggins
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

So basically the T'Wolves are making available all the expendable players and keeping the guys whom they are going to build for in the future....
Doesn't seem like a good deal to me.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Who would we have that they want if they are doing a complete rebuild?

We have a DPE of Nash, which is quite useful in a rebuild process.

I just hope Mitch will use it wisely, although it now seems he'll just let it expire.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject:

Lakers can't afford to mortgage their future anymore. They need to buy more picks if possible, and certainly should not give them away for quick fix veteran talent.

The order of the day, especially with the CBA is to build instead of buy your talent. Do it, even if you can afford to buy.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Wolves ready to blow up the roster

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:

LINK

The Lakers want everyone's garbage, right 2.0?? We also want every free agent and every player cut from every roster in the NBA. Eff this rebuild and lets build a more potent D-league squad, isn't that want you want 2.0?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject:

So Minny's contemplating a rebuild?

What a shocker.

Never heard this from them or 80% of the league on such a routine basis.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

Since they traded away KG for peanuts and some Leprechaun vomit have they even not been rebuilding?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: