+++++ Lakers at Spurs +++++ 12/12/14 6:30PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
What's with all the hate on B Scott tonight? Go to the P&M thread with that. The Lakers won! Give the coach some credit. Otherwise you've got an agenda of hate.

Sheesh!

that's right, preach! after all, BS did out coached Pops tonight
HAKMamba24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

its was all worth giving POP a hard time, u know he's not happy
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

House Lakesters wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
What's with all the hate on B Scott tonight? Go to the P&M thread with that. The Lakers won! Give the coach some credit. Otherwise you've got an agenda of hate.

Sheesh!

I think we need a Byron vs Mchale thread...battle of former Laker and Celtic legends as coaches

No, we don't need another thread. I just wish people would back off a little bit. Such a great win for the Lakers and all I hear is people throwing B Scott under the bus.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Raydiation wrote:
I still wonder why BS not putting Ed and Lin together. Somehow he just seems try avoiding it...

Because he wants Princeton offense not pnr. No 3 pt either. But ironically that's how lakers won.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

Raydiation wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
catman2u wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Swaggy P also saved Lin's ass, had his missed it, Lin would be the scapegoat for not passing it to Wes.

And Lin had the ball dumped to him with the shot clock winding down. Johnson was open behind his back in the corner. I'm guessing he thought it less risky to drop it off to Swaggy. Anyway the Lakers won despite their coach.

Well coach BS told him have to have smart pass, have to know who to pass.

You know what. It might actually be a better pass to Young than to Wes in the corner even open. I see so many times Wes air ball the corner 3. Wes shoot better 3 when he is not at the corner.

But seriously, Lin got lucky. The right play would be to Wes who was wide open in the corner. Swaggy also saved Lin earlier where Lin had the ball with 3-4 seconds left and dumped it to Young for the 3. Lin is still timid in crunch time, he's not confident enough to assume responsibility for a big shot.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what everyone defending Byron is watching. We had an 8 point lead with 1:40 remaining and blew it because he refused to bring someone in who could reliably advance the ball past halfcourt. Had Nick Young not made a miracle 3 we would have lost this game for no reason other than Byron Scott's inability to recognize problems quickly enough. Just because you get the win this time doesn't excuse the poor decisions you make.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy we won but there is no scenario in which it should have even gone to overtime.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
catman2u wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Swaggy P also saved Lin's ass, had his missed it, Lin would be the scapegoat for not passing it to Wes.

And Lin had the ball dumped to him with the shot clock winding down. Johnson was open behind his back in the corner. I'm guessing he thought it less risky to drop it off to Swaggy. Anyway the Lakers won despite their coach.

Well coach BS told him have to have smart pass, have to know who to pass.

You know what. It might actually be a better pass to Young than to Wes in the corner even open. I see so many times Wes air ball the corner 3. Wes shoot better 3 when he is not at the corner.

But seriously, Lin got lucky. The right play would be to Wes who was wide open in the corner. Swaggy also saved Lin earlier where Lin had the ball with 3-4 seconds left and dumped it to Young for the 3. Lin is still timid in crunch time, he's not confident enough to assume responsibility for a big shot.

He was sent in to play pg so his job is to get others open look. I am sure he would shoot it if someone like kobe can get to him in open (we saw plenty of 3 pt shots like that, made or not)
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Scott saying he likes the spacing for our first unit, LOL.
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Kobe needs to focus on motivating himself. If he hadn't played so poorly late in the fourth we would have closed themout the right way.

Kobe played pretty well in the fourth. He made some great passes and hit a dagger three that should have put it away. The turnovers happened because Byron decided to close with no PG.

With about a minute to go and up by four, there was no reason for Kobe to make a telegraphed cross-court pass. A lack of a PG had nothing to do with that, just an unwise decision by Kobe.

He made up for it with his assists in OT though, so his props are still deserved.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
I don't know what everyone defending Byron is watching. We had an 8 point lead with 1:40 remaining and blew it because he refused to bring someone in who could reliably advance the ball past halfcourt. Had Nick Young not made a miracle 3 we would have lost this game for no reason other than Byron Scott's inability to recognize problems quickly enough. Just because you get the win this time doesn't excuse the poor decisions you make.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy we won but there is no scenario in which it should have even gone to overtime.

clutch decisions. Everyone notices this line up is missing a pg. Princeton offense see doesn't really need one?
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

We won the game! Can't we just put the kindest explanation on things when we win??? Or is it going to be like this after EVERY SINGLE GAME, win or lose?

We beat the Spurs! But it's still BS sucks... All I'm saying is give it a break or go to the P&M thread.
House Lakesters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

I'm conflicted now, this team is better than i thought but alot of us still want that draft pick......
Lostology
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Raydiation wrote:
Out of those few wins. LAL actually beat HOU, TOR, and SA. Weird...

Kings were pretty good before Cousins got sick and the Hawks are on a 9 game win streak. This team is not as bad as their record shows. Kobe taking too many shots and bad coaching is what makes this Laker team look so bad.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

D. Sharp wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Kobe needs to focus on motivating himself. If he hadn't played so poorly late in the fourth we would have closed themout the right way.

Kobe played pretty well in the fourth. He made some great passes and hit a dagger three that should have put it away. The turnovers happened because Byron decided to close with no PG.

With about a minute to go and up by four, there was no reason for Kobe to make a telegraphed cross-court pass. A lack of a PG had nothing to do with that, just an unwise decision by Kobe.

He made up for it with his assists in OT though, so his props are still deserved.

That should be a pg job so it is relevant.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Lin admitted he didn't know how much time was left when he gave it to Nick. Not a good thing for a PG to admit. Good game for Lin overall, but he needs to be smarter. Definitely dumb of Scott to not run with another ball handler at the end of regulation.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

You dont e end need spacing on the first unit. Kobe usually just fade away.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

Kobe should not be playing PG, period.

Byron almost lost another game for us.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

the dude just throwing out anything now. aint nothing making any sense anymore. oh i think our 1st unit did an excellent job defensively and i love how the floor was spaced. we owe this one to our 1st unit. go 1st unit!
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

We won the game! Can't we just put the kindest explanation on things when we win??? Or is it going to be like this after EVERY SINGLE GAME, win or lose?

We beat the Spurs! But it's still BS sucks... All I'm saying is give it a break or go to the P&M thread.

Well, this is the game thread for this game. He made bad decision in the game so people are talking about his bad decision in this game. When he actually made some great decision in another game. People would be talking about how good he is in the other game thread.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Kobe had 9 assists. We played some tough defense like B Scott wanted. No need to wring our hands about this when we won the game...
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Lin admitted he didn't know how much time was left when he gave it to Nick. Not a good thing for a PG to admit. Good game for Lin overall, but he needs to be smarter. Definitely dumb of Scott to not run with another ball handler at the end of regulation.

if he didn't mention it, then you would never have known.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Kobe had 9 assists. We played some tough defense like B Scott wanted. No need to wring our hands about this when we won the game...

Kobe with the PASS.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Well, this is the game thread for this game. He made bad decision in the game so people are talking about his bad decision in this game. When he actually made some great decision in another game. People would be talking about how good he is in the other game thread.

My point is our team won the game. No need to complain right??? It's all good because that's what really matters, right???

I know I'm going against the grain because everyone seems to have a beef with B Scott even though we beat the Spurs. There's no need to pile on though. We get it...

By reading the posts you would think we lost the game.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

but it's bad if Lin and/or Price have 5 turnovers and 9 assists...
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
I actually feel bad for Price, hope he starts hitting some shots.

He can some games but will shoot at a low percentage in most.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 60 of 62
Jump to: