Jordan Hill one player teams make trade calls for but L.A. has no plans to move him
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Jordan Hill one player teams make trade calls for but L.A. has no plans to move him

Quote:
Back in mid-July, when the Lakers gave free-agent big man Jordan Hill a two-year deal worth $18 million, the contract brought some head-scratching and furrowed brows. Hill had bounced through three teams in his five years in the league, mostly coming off the bench as an energy guy, and had clashed with Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni the previous year.

A contract that once looked overwrought now appears eminently fair, to the point where the Lakers are considered likely to exercise the $9 million option they hold on Hill’s deal next season. On a roster widely viewed as devoid of trade assets, sources told Sporting News that Hill is the one guy about whom the Lakers get realistic trade calls—but that LA has no plans to move him.

LINK

It is nice to hear how much teams value Hill... last year teams were only offering a low 1st round pick although that probably was also never on the table.... not sure if this source is recent as teams like Min/BK now have trio of players available.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

Of course we aren't interested. The Laker front office over value their players so much so that they'd rather get nothing in return for them. The Laker front office is now the old Clippers front office.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

Of course no one said that the Lakers had no plans to move Hill. Another case of crappy reporting, something that most fans have become accustomed to. And the typical sheep follow blindly.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

The fact this report even came out suggests Hill is probably gone. And why not? Get a pick, maybe another asset, call it a tank.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Remember we let Pau walk away without getting anything for him...nothing surprises me anymore with this current front office.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

The fact this report even came out suggests Hill is probably gone. And why not? Get a pick, maybe another asset, call it a tank.

Agreed. it is kinda suspicious that this would come out the day before the Nets/Wolves made there quality players available... I really don't believe this report...... and I'm guessing the Lakers don't want the media to know what they have on the table.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

1) He's only going to gain value leading up to the deadline
2) We're stealth tanking, trading Hill for assets is a direct sign otherwise
3) Hill is quality player who can be a piece of a championship roster. He and Nick are the only two things (Davis too) that are holding this team together chemistry/effort/passion wise outside of Kobe.
4) We're not going to be able to sign more than one max free agent this summer and we have enough for one guy while keeping Jordan. If we feel like we got a shot in the offseason at somebody unexpected or we want to go all in on bringing in roster talent, we can just not pick up the option then.

For now, I think our best bet is to keep and let him expire in 2016 then bring him back on a much lower/longer term deal.

Get our pick this year, add one max guy this summer (Rondo, Gasol, Butler, Love, etc) fill in the roster around them with more one year deals then in 2016 try and lure Durant to a team with a core of Max Contract Player X + Randle + Top 5 Pick + Houston Pick + Nick + J Hill + Ed?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

it mentions Rockets. I would be happy with NOP pick which they have and cannon/D Mo

to ATL for Dennis Schroder

Last edited by Jim99187 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

I'm going to hope this is the FO bluffing. If not...
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I'm going to hope this is the FO bluffing. If not...

offcourse it is. its funny that even a report came out
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

Translation: increase your offer
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

RealGM is saying 4-5 teams have inquired about Lance Stephenson.... but mentioned no names.... I don't think the Lakers are one of those teams... unless the Lakers think the risk is worth it especially if they have playoffs as the goal.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
RealGM is saying 4-5 teams have inquired about Lance Stephenson.... but mentioned no names.... I don't think the Lakers are one of those teams... unless the Lakers think the risk is worth it especially if they have playoffs as the goal.

i honestly think we are out of the playoff picture and having lance takes out the top 5 pick and also a max slot for the 2015 free agent.

so i prefer giving J hill away for NOP pick which houston has or to his hometown ATL
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Translation: increase your offer

yupe. all it says is we are ready....lets go..but step up ur game
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

The real question is what team is HILL willing to accept since he has a trade veto.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
i honestly think we are out of the playoff picture and having lance takes out the top 5 pick and also a max slot for the 2015 free agent.

so i prefer giving J hill away for NOP pick which houston has or to his hometown ATL

There is still 60 games left and we're only like 6-7 games out of the playoff spot....... anything can happen.... the Lakers know this.... and probably are looking to do something now to turn the ship around... there not gonna listen to pro-tankers in LG or Magic..... the Laker players have already pushed the tank-talk out the door.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The real question is what team is HILL willing to accept since he has a trade veto.

no team is calling for j hill's expiring contract. people are calling to utilize his skills meaning they will pick his team option.

its not that hard to understand
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

There is still 60 games left and we're only like 6-7 games out of the playoff spot....... anything can happen.... the Lakers know this.... and probably are looking to do something now to turn the ship around... there not gonna listen to pro-tankers in LG or Magic..... the Laker players have already pushed the tank-talk out the door.

We're only 6-7 games back? You do realize we've only played what, 21-22 games? At this rate, by the end of the season, we would be 30-35 games back.

We were tied for 1st on opening night though.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

while I agree anything can happen, have u seen the defense lakers play? its really bad...i mean they are dead last
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

Sportingnews.com Editor: Hey guys we need some more views on our website. Any ideas?

Intern #1: Let's make an article about the Lakers!

Sportingnews.com Editor: That'll work.

/endthread
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
while I agree anything can happen, have u seen the defense lakers play? it really bad...i mean they are dead last

Yeah...... but I think the lack of effort on defense has to do more with the identity that the Lakers don't have as a team....... it makes it hard to have a team defense when your players don't even know what there roles are.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Sportingnews.com Editor: Hey guys we need some more views on our website. Any ideas?

Intern #1: Let's make an article about the Lakers!

Sportingnews.com Editor: That'll work.

/endthread

that goes to bleacher report. Sean is pretty credible
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
while I agree anything can happen, have u seen the defense lakers play? it really bad...i mean they are dead last

Yeah...... but I think the lack of effort on defense has to do more with the identity that the Lakers don't have as a team....... it makes it hard to have a team defense when your players don't even know what there roles are.

what are u talking about? Since the freaking media session BS has put 100% emphasis on defense and still they are pathetic.

this tells Scott is just doing Lip Service to defense and his players are not buying or capable of playing defense
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Remember we let Pau walk away without getting anything for him...nothing surprises me anymore with this current front office.

Pau didn't have a no trade clause
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Agreed. it is kinda suspicious that this would come out the day before the Nets/Wolves made there quality players available... I really don't believe this report...... and I'm guessing the Lakers don't want the media to know what they have on the table.

You don't believe that Hill worked on his game in the offseason and that Scott is a big supporter of him? Because that is all the linked report said.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10
Jump to: