The Art of Trash Talking - Kobe Bryant
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firelord_Rag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: The Art of Trash Talking - Kobe Bryant

Outsiders need to relax. Kobe's trolling you all.

Quote:
More Kobe: "It's not something I'm particularly proud of but thats just the way I compete & just the way I know how to challenge my guys."

Kobe continuing: "It's nothing malicious. It's competition & it's the art of trashtalking & sometimes it gets a little ugly."

Kobe also said key is to step up to the challenge,"you gotta be able to talk back a little bit, and honestly it's fun…it's nothing personal"

Kobe finished to @IzzyESPN: "Trash talking has become a lost art, I think."

Last edited by Firelord_Rag on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

The team responded very well. Haters should step off the everyone hates Kobe kool-aid.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe gets grilled for saying a few cuss words. Grow up america and stop being so PC. It's a grown man league.

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Nick even said it inspired him. Kobe knows what he's doing
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
Kobe gets grilled for saying a few cuss words. Grow up america and stop being so PC. It's a grown man league.

No it's not. It's filled with a bunch of crying men children who get all emo on you if you're too mean.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

There's good reason why Phil severely restricted media access to his practices.

You don't give these leeches even an inch...they will take a mile and ruin your reputation in a heartbeat.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Nothing like some trash talking to get some guys riled up. Whatever works.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
The team responded very well. Haters should step off the everyone hates Kobe kool-aid.

Nick Young or maybe Lin was saying all practices are like that.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

The weak minded ilk will never understand this. I laughed my ass off when someone in another thread said something about how you have to "evolve" to the way these "new" school players play and you can't be rough on them.

That ain't evolving sonny, that's devolving.

Always be strong willed and push people to be better when it comes to anything competitive.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
The weak minded ilk will never understand this. I laughed my ass off when someone in another thread said something about how you have to "evolve" to the way these "new" school players play and you can't be rough on them.

That ain't evolving sonny, that's devolving.

Always be strong willed and push people to be better when it comes to anything competitive.

Whats funny is that Lebron had to be disciplined in the old school ways of Pat Riley before he won anything....when Lebron was allowed to do as he did in his first stint in Cleveland, he won nothing of significance.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Its tough love
ROTL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

Highly doubt it. But we know your agenda. Byron said it was the best, most intense practice they've had in a while. And following it, they beat one of the best teams in the NBA. Kobe knows what he's doing. Always been a great leader.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I actually brushed off the video. I figured Kobe has always acted like that at practices.

But I was shocked how offended and horrified JVG and Jackson seemed by the incident. They seemed to take it way to personal.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Capt.Skyhook wrote:
I actually brushed off the video. I figured Kobe has always acted like that at practices.

But I was shocked how offended and horrified JVG and Jackson seemed by the incident. They seemed to take it way to personal.

They were actually taking pot-shots at Kobe because that's what BSPN pays them to do. Jackson backed off somewhat but JVG laid it on a little too thick.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Now we can get that 9th Seed in the West!!!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Capt.Skyhook wrote:

They were actually taking pot-shots at Kobe because that's what BSPN pays them to do. Jackson backed off somewhat but JVG laid it on a little too thick.

I missed the beginning so I didn't see what pot-shots they took, but the whole broadcast was a hagiography to Kobe, and to a much lesser extent Duncan, moving up the scoring list.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
fusuyballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

Capt.Skyhook wrote:

LOL, it's called politics. I do not believe half the things that come out of JVG and Mark Jackson's mouth.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject:

narcissistic rage.

http://www.decision-making-confidence.com/narcissistic-rage.html
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

The guy has earned his place to talk down to those guys.

Tough (bleep).

As long as he isn't pulling a Jordan and just being abusive for the sake of being abusive.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

I have never been to an NBA practice but I have witnessed trash talking during pick up games. What we witnessed was not trash talking. It was narcissistic rage.

Even JVG and Jackson said they have never seen that type of thing during practice in all their years in the league.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

ROTL wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

Highly doubt it. But we know your agenda. Byron said it was the best, most intense practice they've had in a while. And following it, they beat one of the best teams in the NBA. Kobe knows what he's doing. Always been a great leader.

You think Young/Lin were lying? Or Scott? Someone is lying. Can't be like that every day and also be the most intense practice they'd had in a while.

It's so funny. When the report first came out, a lot of people were saying "typical trash talk, nothing to see here" and now it is credited with a win? Which is it?
n3bulous
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

Hadn't seen the footage, but I saw how outraged the media was over this, so I checked out the footage myself. This might be the biggest non-story of this entire NBA season. The media is trolling us.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
The guy has earned his place to talk down to those guys.

Tough (bleep).

As long as he isn't pulling a Jordan and just being abusive for the sake of being abusive.

Don't bring up the time he supposedly punched Samaki Walker.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

n3bulous wrote:
Hadn't seen the footage, but I saw how outraged the media was over this, so I checked out the footage myself. This might be the biggest non-story of this entire NBA season. The media is trolling us.

Having seen and heard the "footage" myself I was pretty amazed at the tortured effort by the BSPN crew to spin it into some type of controversy.

What's worse is how they managed to headline it over the main story of the game itself. It was cheap, tawdry yellow journalism at its finest, and is was massively disrespectful.

Then Jackson and JVG spent the first five minutes of the game blasting Kobe over how they'd never seen "abuse" and terrible treatment like this.

After the Laker fell behind 10-0 early, they weaved the deficit into their narrative of a "dysfunctional team" with people who are absolutely terrified of this out of control monster that is Kobe Bryant.

Then Kobe hit a beautiful perfect form, fall away jumpshot and JVG had to say something good. The Lakers slowly climbed back into the game after that and both of them stopped saying negative things.

It was pretty weird really.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Remember after the game 5 lost to the Celtics in the finals and Kobe slammed the door shut and rebuked the team. You all can guess what happen the next 2 games.

That is just Kobe, he said before if he has to be the a**hole in the team, he will...whatever it takes to win. He isn't the Fisher type leader, he can be more in your face...that is why I think many players can't be like Kobe...not just because of his skills as a player, but his williness to lead in whatever way is needed. Players like Lebron and Dwight just can't do that...they always want to be known as the "good guy."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: