*** LOS ANGELES LAKERS @ MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES (12/14/14) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Scott showing us who he trusts when it counts. A 3 game winning streak speaks for itself despite the what ifs.

I agree to a certain extent. Since Lin and Price has been inconsistent he needs to insert one of them at the end of games in spurts just to help Kobe bring it up.

When Dieng and Lavine ripped Kobe and made the game basically tied I cringed. Dude is 36 years old he needs at bit more assistance towards the end to at least set him up for the closing shots

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

brunel wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
Not to be a debbie downer, but the Lakers won tonight despite themselves.

- Kobe's selfishness and ballhogging nearly killed us.
- BS's no PG strategy only amplified Kobe's terrible play.
- Boozer played well tonight. He's coming off the bench but he's still getting the 26 minutes a game that he got as a starter.
- Swaggy P provides comic relief but no championship team will have Nick Young getting major minutes -- his ballhogging is like Kobe-lite.
- Lin is being a team player but this benching is killing his career. Why is BS wasting 25 min/game on Price?

- That's nonsense.
- I agree the noPG is dumb, but given the choices are a guy who can't shoot and a guy who collapses under pressure, I can see the temptation.
- Good for Booz. He still sucks on D.
- Swaggy is a bench player. There to score points. He's the least of my worries.
- Lin killed his own career playing like wuss.

- "That's nonsense" is an opinion. Kobe shooting 20 shots on 35% FG is a fact.
- Show me the stats that show that Lin collapses under pressure.
- Agree
- OK
- You can make a decent argument that Lin sometimes plays like a wuss. But that doesn't justify playing Price over him (or more minutes).
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerLand247 wrote:
I can't wait to give our Pick to the Phoenix Suns. I mean, who needs a talented rookie on a chump change pay scale? I want the Lakers to over pay for their 2nd tier Free Agents.

We can either give it to them this year or next. One way or another, we owe them a first rounder. Thanks Jimbo.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
brunel wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

- Boozer played well tonight. He's coming off the bench but he's still getting the 26 minutes a game that he got as a starter.
- Swaggy P provides comic relief but no championship team will have Nick Young getting major minutes -- his ballhogging is like Kobe-lite.
- Lin is being a team player but this benching is killing his career. Why is BS wasting 25 min/game on Price?

- That's nonsense.
- I agree the noPG is dumb, but given the choices are a guy who can't shoot and a guy who collapses under pressure, I can see the temptation.
- Swaggy is a bench player. There to score points. He's the least of my worries.

- Agree
- OK
- You can make a decent argument that Lin sometimes plays like a wuss. But that doesn't justify playing Price over him (or more minutes).

Kobe's going to get his 20+ shots like it or not. Deal with it.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

It's not about Lin. He isn't a big part of the future or the team right now.

Kupchak says he wants to keep Lin as a Laker.

Not a Lin Fanboy but if we gave Jordan Farmar and Steve Blake contracts as our backup point guard to Fisher I don't see why we wouldn't try to lockdown Jeremy who is clearly better than both of them.

Just not sure if we can afford him.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

You're not just a Debbie Downer...you're wrong on numerous counts.

Lin should be in though....and getting more minutes than he does.

I love how you said I'm wrong and then provided absolutely no evidence or counter argument whatsoever. Fail.

No the fail is you coming in here on a really big night for Kobe and starting off your (bleep) points by calling Kobe "selfish" and a "ballhog"

Get the eff outta here.

I've been a Lakers fan since the 84-85 season and I was a big supporter of Kobe over Shaq. Big congratulations to Kobe tonight so yeah, my post was a bit tone-deaf. But I'm a Lakers fan before being a Kobe fan.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject:

We can't afford Lin at his current price after this season. He'll stay if he accepts a paycut.
ROTL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

I love how you said I'm wrong and then provided absolutely no evidence or counter argument whatsoever. Fail.

No the fail is you coming in here on a really big night for Kobe and starting off your (bleep) points by calling Kobe "selfish" and a "ballhog"

Get the eff outta here.

I've been a Lakers fan since the 84-85 season and I was a big supporter of Kobe over Shaq. Big congratulations to Kobe tonight so yeah, my post was a bit tone-deaf. But I'm a Lakers fan before being a Kobe fan.

your post was not tone-deaf. it was just flat out wrong. Kobe was moving the ball around all night long.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:

What?

1st point - He took 2 bad shots in that fourth. Most of those misses were off high screen and roll with spacing wide open for that shot. Those were the right shots. He also hit the game winner. His TO has more to do with our lousy coach's inability to have a point guard to end of the game. You alluded to this, so we're on the same page there. Also - Kobe dished the ball plenty - teammates were missing all their shots when he did. Could have easily had +8 ast.

4th point - I agree with Young needing to be more than just a shooter. But what are you concerned with what championship teams would do? This squad isn't a championship team. But Nick Young isn't just comic relief. The kid can hoop and is exactly what you want off the bench. Players like him and Jamal Crawford are necessary - especially for a team that doesn't have too many people who can create their own shot.

5th point - Lin has stepped up past two games. But Price still plays better on defense and is in better shape. Lin tends to run out of gas and his style of play will do that. Ronnie doesn't exhaust himself on D and has more energy in closing quarters. That being said Lin needs more time, and the fact that neither is in at the end of the game is strange.

My point - The only thing that nearly killed us was : No PG in, giving up offensive boards, and Shabazz.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
I can't wait to give our Pick to the Phoenix Suns. I mean, who needs a talented rookie on a chump change pay scale? I want the Lakers to over pay for their 2nd tier Free Agents.

Do I detect some LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ROTL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
brunel wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

- That's nonsense.

- Agree
- OK

As he should. He's the only player on the team who can create a shot. Not like he was forcing anything this game either.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

ROTL wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Get the eff outta here.

your post was not tone-deaf. it was just flat out wrong. Kobe was moving the ball around all night long.

Definitely not the 4th quarter. If Kobe "moved the ball around all night", he would've gotten more than 2 assists. Please, use some facts. I've seen games where Kobe's been fantastic in moving the ball around -- this was not one of them.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
We can't afford Lin at his current price after this season. He'll stay if he accepts a paycut.

Imo he won't get anymore 10 mill a year type contracts. Unless some team is just plain stupid.

Hopefully he'll bite on something around 4 mill a year. On 3-4 years.
Same contract we gave Steve Blake

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
pd24 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

It's not about Lin. He isn't a big part of the future or the team right now.

What do you expect him to say? That was also before the season started
Kupchak says he wants to keep Lin as a Laker.
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Imo he won't get anymore 10 mill a year type contracts. Unless some team is just plain stupid.

Lol. Nobody is offering him 10 million a year
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

We can either give it to them this year or next. One way or another, we owe them a first rounder. Thanks Jimbo.

Yeah, i think there is even less protection if it rolls over to next year so they might be better off losing it this year. That's often overlooked, they have to give a #1 pick to Phoenix no matter what.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe said in the post game interview he completely forgot about the record. C'mon man Worthy said after the game, "Kobe probably went to sleep last night with Malone on his mind.

Congrats Mamba, YOU DA MAN

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Lol. Nobody is offering him 10 million a year

He's a 4-6 million dollar player. Backup PG salary.
The last contract was because Houston wanted to pry him away from the Knicks, coupled with what kind of player they thought he could be.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
brunel wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

- That's nonsense.

- Agree
- OK

Kobe needs to get his 20+ shots in a system that works... not in one that forces him to shoot at an atrocious 38% clip.

Kobe needs to get his 20+ shots being setup, not playing the point. our idiot coach is probably the worst in a long while.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ROTL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
ROTL wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Get the eff outta here.

Definitely not the 4th quarter. If Kobe "moved the ball around all night", he would've gotten more than 2 assists. Please, use some facts. I've seen games where Kobe's been fantastic in moving the ball around -- this was not one of them.

First of all, Ed Davis and Jordan Hill missed several layups he gave them. And others missed a bunch of open shots. He only had 12 shots through 3 quarters. So yes, he was moving the ball around. And yes he did keep the ball a lot in the 4th....b/c we had no PG in. So he was supposed to keep the ball and he got good shots off the high PnR and shot 50% in the fourth including a huge 3 to win the game. It's you who needs to use some facts.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Laker Intervention wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

What?

1st point - He took 2 bad shots in that fourth. Most of those misses were off high screen and roll with spacing wide open for that shot. Those were the right shots. He also hit the game winner. His TO has more to do with our lousy coach's inability to have a point guard to end of the game. You alluded to this, so we're on the same page there. Also - Kobe dished the ball plenty - teammates were missing all their shots when he did. Could have easily had +8 ast.

4th point - I agree with Young needing to be more than just a shooter. But what are you concerned with what championship teams would do? This squad isn't a championship team. But Nick Young isn't just comic relief. The kid can hoop and is exactly what you want off the bench. Players like him and Jamal Crawford are necessary - especially for a team that doesn't have too many people who can create their own shot.

5th point - Lin has stepped up past two games. But Price still plays better on defense and is in better shape. Lin tends to run out of gas and his style of play will do that. Ronnie doesn't exhaust himself on D and has more energy in closing quarters. That being said Lin needs more time, and the fact that neither is in at the end of the game is strange.

My point - The only thing that nearly killed us was : No PG in, giving up offensive boards, and Shabazz.

I'm not saying Nick Young doesn't have value. But there is no way that he's gonna be a part of a championship team with his style of play. He's a guy that fill buckets on bad teams like today's Lakers or the Wizards.

I don't see any evidence that Lin runs out of gas -- he played tons of minutes on the Knicks and Rockets. How you manage his minutes is more important -- if you play him 12 straight minutes off the bench, that won'tt be effective. If you play him 9 minutes as a starter and then 9 minutes for his second rotation in, that works.

Agree on your other points.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Worthy wearing Kobe's jersey on TWC Access Sportsnet.

Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
ROTL wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Get the eff outta here.

I thought he was in between. He wasnt Kobe Johnson but he also wasn't letting the ball stop a lot like he does at times. He was passing earlier in the clock and he was playing off the ball on some possessions. As usual, other guys stepped up.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

if BS keeps playing Lin like this, the lakers can afford Lin,
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

if BS keeps playing Lin like this, the lakers can afford Lin,

He needs more minutes. He's beginning to find something and he's learning his teammates better. He's a potential 16/7 player playing way under his potential at whatever his stats are now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: