Questions/Advice for trying to make the Lakers/GSW game

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Questions/Advice for trying to make the Lakers/GSW game

Hey, LG.

There may be a chance I can finally make it to a game at Staples, but wanted to check to see if it's at all realistic, and if so, the best plan.

It's the GSW game Tuesday night at 7:30. My flight is supposed to get in at 8:00. I also plan on getting a rental car once I get in. Although it's been suggested maybe cab it to Staples and then go back for the rental (that'll be pricey though).

You think it's realistic to make it to Staples to catch the second half and watch the annihilation in person? Any idea on how much you can get tickets for at that point in the game (scalper I assume? Never went this route)? Parking spots? Best way to get there from LAX?

No idea about the traffic from LAX to Staples at that time of day, ticket availability, prices, parking, etc. I just really want to make it to Staples once to see the Lakers, and for the foreseeable future this may be it. It may be unlikely, but if there's a chance, I want to try.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

Honestly, no.

Assuming your plan lands on schedule that's another 15 min to de-plane unless you're flying first class.

Even if you've got no luggage to pickup (add another 15-20 minutes if you do), the rental cars aren't at the airport. You'll have to take a shuttle to pickup the car and that could another 30 min.

Traffic should be lighter at that time and less people commuting due to the holidays, but from LAX to Staples with light traffic it's still probably 20-25 minutes.

Then you'll have to find somewhere to park downtown, walk from there to Staples, and then find some tickets. I've never bought tickets from a scalper but do they hang around that long after the game starts?

If you cab it to the airport what are you going to do with your stuff?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

Buy the ticket, and then send it to mhan00. He'll watch the game for you and take lots of pictures, so you'll feel like you're right at the game yourself!
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Honestly, no.

Assuming your plan lands on schedule that's another 15 min to de-plane unless you're flying first class.

Even if you've got no luggage to pickup (add another 15-20 minutes if you do), the rental cars aren't at the airport. You'll have to take a shuttle to pickup the car and that could another 30 min.

Traffic should be lighter at that time and less people commuting due to the holidays, but from LAX to Staples with light traffic it's still probably 20-25 minutes.

Then you'll have to find somewhere to park downtown, walk from there to Staples, and then find some tickets. I've never bought tickets from a scalper but do they hang around that long after the game starts?

If you cab it to the airport what are you going to do with your stuff?

Thanks. Didn't realize the rental will require a shuttle to get to, damn. Every minute counts.

I won't have any luggage to pickup, just going to have a backpack or duffle bag.

But yeah, I agree, I don't think it's realistic either, unfortunately. No idea if scalpers hang around that long, I've never bought from them.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Buy the ticket, and then send it to mhan00. He'll watch the game for you and take lots of pictures, so you'll feel like you're right at the game yourself!

Well now this is a great idea! mhan00 has always been a good friend, and this is just another example!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, you can try, but it probably wouldn't be worth it, and it's likely to be more a source of frustration than joy as you stress about any possible delay during your attempt to make the Staples Center. If you want to try, then it would probably be better to buy a nosebleed ticket online prior and print it out, so you don't have to rely on any possible scalpers who might be remaining.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Maybe call the airline and see if you can make an earlier flight, but that's probably going to be a nightmare too with all the holiday traveling.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Schedule your flight earlier. Problem solved.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: