LAKERS -at- KINGS - 12-21-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject:

DB's recap pretty much said it all.

Byron's not doing Kobe any favors riding him like this. Is anyone in the entire organization going to call him out on it? The ridiculous minutes rotation is one thing. Not holding Kobe accountable for anything is another. It won't be long before he loses the whole team.

After the offense looked better last time out, I don't think I saw Davis, Hill or Boozer roll to the basket a single time this game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject:

Young scores 26 on 14 shots...wowzers. If Scott doesn't mind chuckers, I'd take about 6-8 shots from Kobe and give it to Swag.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Huh, just realized that Kobe had more shots than the rest of the starters combined. That can't be a recipe for success. How often has that happened? I'm sure it does with notorious shot jackers like Iverson and Harden and Westbrook existing, but it can't be too common, can it?

Edit - might be more common than I thought. Westbrook had 27 shots compared to 27 shots by the rest of the starters combined tonight too. Volume shooters are volume shooters I guess.
The difference is that Westbrook is shooting 46% for the year, Kobe is shooting 37%. The 9 turnovers for a shooting guard is pretty obscene also.
the major difference is that Kobe has no other viable scorers outside of Swaggy

JLin is not a confident shooter
Hill is inconsistent
Davis is a reluctant shooter
Johnson is not dependable
Ellington is not playing enough
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Huh, just realized that Kobe had more shots than the rest of the starters combined. That can't be a recipe for success. How often has that happened? I'm sure it does with notorious shot jackers like Iverson and Harden and Westbrook existing, but it can't be too common, can it?

Edit - might be more common than I thought. Westbrook had 27 shots compared to 27 shots by the rest of the starters combined tonight too. Volume shooters are volume shooters I guess.
The difference is that Westbrook is shooting 46% for the year, Kobe is shooting 37%. The 9 turnovers for a shooting guard is pretty obscene also.

Hill is inconsistent
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful

Most of the people you are labeling as not being viable scorers are shooting better than Kobe.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Hill is inconsistent
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful

It's a no brainer to fix. Play Kobe 30-32 minutes. Start Lin and play him 35 minutes alongside Davis so they can work their 2 man game. Play Swaggy around 37 minutes. Give Ellington and/or Clarkson some PG minutes next to Kobe to further limit Price's playing time. Stop running so many isos, and run more motion and pick and roll. Get the big men involved in more screens and force them to actually roll to the basket. You know.. do some actual coaching.
rockets killer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

seriously whats the point of price if we are going to lose - get clarkson some burn for god's sake!
Des0rbit
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

I am pretty sure Bryon Scott knows Lin and Davis should play together more and Kobe should shoot less.

But the problem is the Lakers are trying to tank.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

It's just like the movie, "We Need to Talk About Kevin." The problem is, no one did. No one that mattered. The mom was constantly tormented but put on a smile and did nothing about it. The dad laughed it off and was manipulated by his son's affections to always take his side. Kevin ended up going on a rampage. Kind of a synopsis of much of our societies problems.

Well, "WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KOBE!" No one that mattered has really tried. Especially Scott, whom I have also been reluctant to criticize. He seems to always defer to Kobe and what Kobe wants to do. Scott only talks about it when asked but so far he hasn't done a thing when everyone else in the know would if they had the power.

Reduce Kobe's minutes and give him some games off. At the very least reduce his minutes to under 30 per game. Give Swaggy and Lin some more run.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Most of the people you are labeling as not being viable scorers are shootingJLin is not a confident shooter
Hill is inconsistent
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful better than Kobe.

Shooting percentage or not, I think he is talking about changing the outcome of the game and actually winning. Take Kobe out of the equation and how would this team look??? Kobe looked pretty tired the last few games...missing game winners, headaches before tipoff...he just came off of a major surgery and had not been playing for over a year. Really Kobe has surpassed many of our expectations even coming back.

If Kobe had a little more talent on this team, his struggling wouldn't be such an issue.

I really believe some of these players do not have much of a desire to actually win championships. Yes-men alone will not win you championships. Right now Kobe is a superstar that needs help. Where's that help?!

JLin - okay 2-guard, but inconsistent
Hill - solid player, most effective with another big (similar combo w/Pau or Bynum)
Davis - pretty good, plays tough d
Johnson - athletic, not a stretch 4, needs to go to the basket (a la Pippen)
Ellington - nice shooter, needs more play
Sacre - gives good effort, needs to improve dribbling
Boozer - really good, too passive, should go to basket more, needs to take on 2nd star/superstar role (just missing superstar mentality)
Clarkson - horrible right now, scared, confused, not ready for NBA yet
Price - staunch defender in wrong era, struggles w/offense at times but consistent
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Thanks DB!

It's just like the movie, "We Need to Talk About Kevin." The problem is, no one did. No one that mattered. The mom was constantly tormented but put on a smile and did nothing about it. The dad laughed it off and was manipulated by his son's affections to always take his side. Kevin ended up going on a rampage. Kind of a synopsis of much of our societies problems.

Well, "WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KOBE!" No one that mattered has really tried. Especially Scott, whom I have also been reluctant to criticize. He seems to always defer to Kobe and what Kobe wants to do. Scott only talks about it when asked but so far he hasn't done a thing when everyone else in the know would if they had the power.

Reduce Kobe's minutes and give him some games off. At the very least reduce his minutes to under 30 per game. Give Swaggy and Lin some more run.

I agree that Kobe's minutes should be reduced to under 30 a game, for now, but KOBE IS NOT THE PROBLEM!

No one else has really stepped up as that very much needed 2nd superstar on this team (if he exists). Kobe is the lone gun men and has been unfortunately missing his shots as of late...but he is not the real problem.

Last edited by nshid on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
PPP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

Byron's not doing Kobe any favors riding him like this. Is anyone in the entire organization going to call him out on it? The ridiculous minutes rotation is one thing. Not holding Kobe accountable for anything is another. It won't be long before he loses the whole team.

After the offense looked better last time out, I don't think I saw Davis, Hill or Boozer roll to the basket a single time this game.

Assist of the night:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2014/12/21/20141221-aotn.nba/

Although its not exactly a pick and roll between lin and boozer.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

PPP wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Assist of the night:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2014/12/21/20141221-aotn.nba/

Although its not exactly a pick and roll between lin and boozer.

Yeah that's not really a roll. He just strolled to his spot and they lost him on the switch. Sweet pass though.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Hill is inconsistent
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful

It's a no brainer to fix. Play Kobe 30-32 minutes. Start Lin and play him 35 minutes alongside Davis so they can work their 2 man game. Play Swaggy around 37 minutes. Give Ellington and/or Clarkson some PG minutes next to Kobe to further limit Price's playing time. Stop running so many isos, and run more motion and pick and roll. Get the big men involved in more screens and force them to actually roll to the basket. You know.. do some actual coaching.

I agree.

But to clarify...some of these players don't cut b/c they are lazy, haha.

Last edited by nshid on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Thanks DB!

I agree that Kobe's minutes should be reduced to under 30 a game, for now, but KOBE IS NOT THE PROBLEM!

No one else has really stepped up as that very much needed 2nd superstar on this team (if he exists). Kobe is the lone gun men and has been unfortunately missing his shots as of late...but he is not the real problem.

You do realize you sound like the father in that movie, right?

Seriously, I would just say Kobe is not the ONLY problem but he is a real problem (his tired legs) that needs to be dealt with (just as the other real problems need to be dealt with).
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
nshid wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Thanks DB!

Seriously, I would just say Kobe is not the ONLY problem but he is a real problem (his tired legs) that needs to be dealt with (just as the other real problems need to be dealt with).

Do I?

Lol, you sound a bit like a mafia member: "Kobe"..."his tired legs"..."real problems need to be dealt with".
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Hill is inconsistent
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful

Most of the people you are labeling as not being viable scorers are shooting better than Kobe.

If Kobe takes about 40 shoots, how many shoots can other players take.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
nshid wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Thanks DB!

Do I?

Lol, you sound a bit like a mafia member: "Kobe"..."his tired legs"..."real problems need to be dealt with".

Don Corleone: You look terrible. I want you to eat, I want you to rest well. And a month from now this Hollywood big shot's gonna give you what you want.
Johnny Fontaine: Too late. They start shooting in a week.
Don Corleone: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. Okay? I want you to leave it all to me. Go on, go back to the party.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

xiaozhugong wrote:
In the last 5 games, the Lakers starters are ranked No. 30 out of 30 NBA teams in points per game. The Lakers' bench: No. 1 out of 30 teams in points per game.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/7/pts/5-1

So, Byron's half-right?
hopandskip
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
nshid wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
nshid wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Thanks DB!

Do I?

Don Corleone: You look terrible. I want you to eat, I want you to rest well. And a month from now this Hollywood big shot's gonna give you what you want.
Johnny Fontaine: Too late. They start shooting in a week.
Don Corleone: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. Okay? I want you to leave it all to me. Go on, go back to the party.

Reporter: What's the Mamba paying you to let him coach the team, Byron?
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Hill is inconsistent
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful

Totally agree with all of that. Let's look like a modern NBA team, there's still time.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
xiaozhugong wrote:
In the last 5 games, the Lakers starters are ranked No. 30 out of 30 NBA teams in points per game. The Lakers' bench: No. 1 out of 30 teams in points per game.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/7/pts/5-1

So, Byron's half-right?

Half-right can not win game!
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Hill is inconsistent
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful

And Kobe and BS need to be able to go with the hot hand, which is RARELY KB anymore. Lin can be a very confident shooter once he gets a rhythm going. The thing is being a PG he tries to get his team mates involved. It was working last night. He was getting assists and getting his team involved but then BS pulls him for 1 assist Price.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Richmond wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Hill is inconsistent
Sacre is ugh
Boozer is acceptable
Clarkson has not played
Price is awful

Lin did the 2 man game so well with Tyson Chandler. I'm sure he could get it going with Ed Davis if EVER given the chance by BS. Once that gets going it opens up the floor for more.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Frustrating to no end.

In any situation I try to be humble enough to realize I could be wrong. However on many occasions I listen to the feed from the other team and they say almost the exact same things most of us on the forum have been saying. I think it was the game before the announcers were specifically saying that BS has a choice to make, whether to leave the hot 2nd unit it or bring in the failed 1st unit. Of course we know what BS does on the way to losing the game.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Frustrating to no end.

catman2u wrote:
In any situation I try to be humble enough to realize I could be wrong. However on many occasions I listen to the feed from the other team and they say almost the exact same things most of us on the forum have been saying. I think it was the game before the announcers were specifically saying that BS has a choice to make, whether to leave the hot 2nd unit it or bring in the failed 1st unit. Of course we know what BS does on the way to losing the game.

But isn't it more important for this team to find their starting lineup for the year and possibly next year?

Granted they would win more games if BS went with the hot hand that night, but wouldn't developing your best starting five be the best move going forward?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: