Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Laker Intervention wrote:
Charisma wrote:
WE'RE BETTER WITHOUT KOBE!

Oh yeah, we're not. We're just a generation of short term memory internet using spoiled irrational beings who are ungrateful and only care about what happened a few hours ago.

WE NEED KOBE. He also needs to pass more. But the nonsense of no more kobe is absurd. Wake up and stop being delusional… He's still great, he has barely played the past 2 yrs. Ease up.

What's a tired/fatigued/injured Kobe good for? Let the man get his rest and make sure BS use him wisely when he plays.

Uhhh.. I didn't say he shouldn't rest. I said the criticism that we're better without him is absurd. Thanks for bad comprehension though!

Haha...maybe you should learn to write better . A healthy Kobe used in the right way will definitely help us, but that hadn't been the case in the last dozen games.

Anyway, it's Christmas, let's pray that he recovers well and fast and BS receives some smart pills for Christmas.

You jumping to a conclusion that wasn't written instead of reading a straightforward post has more to do with my writing?

I'll scratch my head and avoid arguing over something so small , but yeah - let's hope he recovers well and trusts his teammates in return! Go Kobe. Go Lakers.
Elmhurst NY
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Oh yeah, we're not. We're just a generation of short term memory internet using spoiled irrational beings who are ungrateful and only care about what happened a few hours ago.

WE NEED KOBE. He also needs to pass more. But the nonsense of no more kobe is absurd. Wake up and stop being delusional… He's still great, he has barely played the past 2 yrs. Ease up.

We scored 93.. gave up 113.

We look about the same as we always look, and that Golden State game was just one of those games like last year where we were on. Didn't mean anything, and still doesn't.

Wonder if people will find a way to blame Kobe for this too.

Because most people are unappreciative of Kobe and don't realize his bad play isn't necessarily who he is but more to do with him not adjusting and being tired. He'll have rest, he'll adjust.

You two should really get a room.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:
Bad game by the 2nd unit tonight.

The second unit is better with Ellingon. Clarkson, Boozer, Young, Lin, Sacre doesn't work great when Young and Lin aren't hitting shots. They should both bounce back tomorrow night.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

showmethemoney wrote:

I thought Booz played a decent game.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

A good offensive coach could have had us in position to steal it in the end. Oh well.

A decent COACH would have made us more competitive at both ends of the floor.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Taking Lin out worked so well. Why not Lin at SG and Price at PG if young is on the bench anyway.

Lin had an assist to Hill and got E.D. the ball for 2 FTs. then he's taken out of the game for Price. Lin is a closer and Byron can't get it through his thick skull. Way to reward the guy with playing time after hitting that big 3 in the previous game. Scott's coaching is pathetic.

Lin had a grand total of two assists (same number as Nick Young, the shot-happy SG) and was 2 of 8 shooting. Hardly the kind of performance to start blaming the coach for.

It's not the numbers, it is how many good shots did he set up and that certainly was more than 2. Guys have to make shots to get an assist. The coach is blamed for not playing the Lin/Davis combo. That should be obvious to everyone.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Taking Lin out worked so well. Why not Lin at SG and Price at PG if young is on the bench anyway.

Lin had an assist to Hill and got E.D. the ball for 2 FTs. then he's taken out of the game for Price. Lin is a closer and Byron can't get it through his thick skull. Way to reward the guy with playing time after hitting that big 3 in the previous game. Scott's coaching is pathetic.

Lin had a grand total of two assists (same number as Nick Young, the shot-happy SG) and was 2 of 8 shooting. Hardly the kind of performance to start blaming the coach for.

It's not the numbers, it is how many good shots did he set up and that certainly was more than 2. Guys have to make shots to get an assist. The coach is blamed for not playing the Lin/Davis combo. That should be obvious to everyone.

Even Mike the reporter asked Byron. Dave Miller had a 5 min special on the 2 players' connection.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Elmhurst NY wrote:
MJST wrote:

We scored 93.. gave up 113.

We look about the same as we always look, and that Golden State game was just one of those games like last year where we were on. Didn't mean anything, and still doesn't.

Wonder if people will find a way to blame Kobe for this too.

Because most people are unappreciative of Kobe and don't realize his bad play isn't necessarily who he is but more to do with him not adjusting and being tired. He'll have rest, he'll adjust.

You two should really get a room.

HAHA! No.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:

The second unit is better with Ellingon. Clarkson, Boozer, Young, Lin, Sacre doesn't work great when Young and Lin aren't hitting shots. They should both bounce back tomorrow night.

Put Boozer back in the starting lineup and move Davis back to the 2nd unit. Boozer is a serious liability on defense. With a frontline of Young, Boozer and Sacre, you have no interior defense.
Misaeng
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Even Mike the reporter asked Byron. Dave Miller had a 5 min special on the 2 players' connection.[/quote]

What was Byron's answer to why Lin and Davis don't get playing time together?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Curry so damn good.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

Misaeng wrote:
Even Mike the reporter asked Byron. Dave Miller had a 5 min special on the 2 players' connection.

What was Byron's answer to why Lin and Davis don't get playing time together?[/quote]

Mike Trudell asked Byron that question.

Byron answered - Well, I never thought about that because my arms were crossed for too long.
House Lakesters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

House Lakesters wrote:
everyone, just wanted to say merry christmas, the lakers aren't too bad tbh

i'm watching home alone 2 with my family later

Sick man, make a thread about the movie and let us know how it goes. Hope you enjoy the film.

I'm sure it's gonna be great man, merry christmas, guys stop bickering, hug your loved ones, at least theres gonna be a good GSW/Clippers game later
Misaeng
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Curry so damn good.

He gets my vote for MVP so far.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Jordan been hitting his fts lately.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Wow, what a move and pass by Curry.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject:

House Lakesters wrote:
House Lakesters wrote:

Sick man, make a thread about the movie and let us know how it goes. Hope you enjoy the film.

I'm sure it's gonna be great man, merry christmas, guys stop bickering, hug your loved ones, at least theres gonna be a good GSW/Clippers game later

Haha I was just playing off how random the home alone comment was. You don't really need to make a thread

Love your positivity though. Forum posting can be really unhealthy for the ego. A lot of sharing opinions and mind racing. It's easy to be a jerk as well when it comes to something people are passionate about. And if someone is singing up to a forum to write about a certain subject, they must be passionate about it.

We need more posts like yours. I definitely appreciate them when I tend to get childish and quite frankly obnoxious and immature when the Lakers are losing, ect.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

No Kobe, and Lin & Young came off the bench and played limited mins. This team is getting unpopular very quickly.
House Lakesters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

House Lakesters wrote:
House Lakesters wrote:

Haha I was just playing off how random the home alone comment was. You don't really need to make a thread

Love your positivity though. Forum posting can be really unhealthy for the ego. A lot of sharing opinions and mind racing. It's easy to be a jerk as well when it comes to something people are passionate about. And if someone is singing up to a forum to write about a certain subject, they must be passionate about it.

We need more posts like yours. I definitely appreciate them when I tend to get childish and quite frankly obnoxious and immature when the Lakers are losing, ect.

loolll it was random, but home alone 2 is a timeless classic, much like the '87 Lakers

lots of complaining on today's game thread, i get it, its frustrating, but the team is what it is at this point, some decent talent, an aging star trying to stay at an elite level, a mediocre coach....the team can be pretty decent on most nights...our record isn't awful considering we play in the loaded west
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I haven't watched the game yet, just got back home but Kobe didn't play? How tired is this man?

He's not secretly injured or something is he?
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I haven't watched the game yet, just got back home but Kobe didn't play? How tired is this man?

Pain all over his body. Back to back. Rest at least the 1st game. Also said he's willing to sacrifice playing less and also doing what he has to in order to get teammates involved. It's nice hearing this, hopefully it's not just talk.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Just a lot of knick knack injuries because of Scott's stubbornness and blindness.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject:

How is Davis getting fatter as the season goes on!?
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
catman2u wrote:

If you think every pass should become an assist, that's totally unrealistic. I don't think Lin made many passes that would make his teammates score easily tonight.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Pain all over his body. Back to back. Rest at least the 1st game. Also said he's willing to sacrifice playing less and also doing what he has to in order to get teammates involved. It's nice hearing this, hopefully it's not just talk.

Yeah that's why I was expecting him to play today since a back-to-back wasn't the case, and he did rest on Tuesday. Oh well. Anyway, yes, him trusting his teammates more will be a good thing.

mhan00 wrote:

Just a lot of knick knack injuries because of Scott's stubbornness and blindness.

Ah. Figures
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30
Jump to: