++++ Lakers @ Bulls ++++ 12/25/14 5:00PM PT - CHRISTMAS DAY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
How is Davis getting fatter as the season goes on!?

Mo money, mo money, mo money... Lol
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

blueice wrote:
bws94 wrote:
SweetP wrote:
bws94 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Taking Lin out worked so well. Why not Lin at SG and Price at PG if young is on the bench anyway.

Lin had an assist to Hill and got E.D. the ball for 2 FTs. then he's taken out of the game for Price. Lin is a closer and Byron can't get it through his thick skull. Way to reward the guy with playing time after hitting that big 3 in the previous game. Scott's coaching is pathetic.

Lin had a grand total of two assists (same number as Nick Young, the shot-happy SG) and was 2 of 8 shooting. Hardly the kind of performance to start blaming the coach for.

It's not the numbers, it is how many good shots did he set up and that certainly was more than 2. Guys have to make shots to get an assist. The coach is blamed for not playing the Lin/Davis combo. That should be obvious to everyone.

If you think every pass should become an assist, that's totally unrealistic. I don't think Lin made many passes that would make his teammates score easily tonight.

I didn't say that, he made a few. You can get an assist pretty easily throwing the ball to someone who makes a shot or a very difficult one breaking down the defense or having court vision to make a thread-the-needle pass. I think Lin was beginning to get into a facilitating rhythm when he was taken out .

The Davis/Lin combo never got a chance to get going in this game and the previous game looked great. This coach has not exploited this combo.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Lin, Young, Clarkson, Sacre, and Boozer -- what an AWFUL 5-some.

Young and Clarkson just chuck.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:

I agree, Byron's pathetic.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:

Never putt Boozer and Sacre together, might confuse the two.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject:

lakers are currently 9-20 at one point the management needs to asses the roster and think what they need to do..... there isn't gonna be many players back from this year.... you need to show the fans what direction the team is headed in..... it makes it hard to root for a team that management has no idea what there blue-print is.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
lakers are currently 9-20 at one point the management needs to asses the roster and think what they need to do..... there isn't gonna be many players back from this year.... you need to show the fans what direction the team is headed in..... it makes it hard to root for a team that management has no idea what there blue-print is.

Not really that simple though. If they want to compete, what pieces can they get with the little assets we have? Lin and the HOU pick won't fetch a lot to be honest. Plus Jordan Hill, maybe our biggest asset, is still untradeable till Jan 15 and he would still have a no-trade clause. If we want to tank, what can they do if you can't trade Hill and maybe no one wants Lin? Also what if one of those assets in Lin, and maybe Hill too, is/are on the future plans for the organization tanking or not.
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I wonder why lin, young and boozer sat out at the end. They might have had some type of chance.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

This team needs a new coach. Kobe is not going anywhere until 2016.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Not really that simple though. If they want to compete, what pieces can they get with the little assets we have? Lin and the HOU pick won't fetch a lot to be honest. Plus Jordan Hill, maybe our biggest asset, is still untradeable till Jan 15 and he would still have a no-trade clause. If we want to tank, what can they do if you can't trade Hill and maybe no one wants Lin? Also what if one of those assets in Lin, and maybe Hill too, is/are on the future plans for the organization tanking or not.

I think my point was that.... if this season is headed towards the toilet... then they... the management needs to come out and tell the fans and media what the plan and direction is for the team...... with Kobe seemingly like he might have no more energy left.... it might be time to trade some players for future assets and start the rebuild.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I think my point was that.... if this season is headed towards the toilet... then they... the management needs to come out and tell the fans and media what the plan and direction is for the team...... with Kobe seemingly like he might have no more energy left.... it might be time to trade some players for future assets and start the rebuild.

Sure and that might be the inevitable plan but probably closer to the deadline where most teams are in a position to make deals. And come one you really expect an organization to come out and say "hey we're tanking", please get real. Specially one so proud like ours is.

If we're gonna tank or something that resembles it, we're gonna do it like last year where we shopped around some of our guys and ended up trading Blake. Unfortunately didn't get good deals for Pau. This year we might shop around Hill and Lin and see what we can get out of them. If we don't get good offers then we might not trade them since they might be good pieces for the future too.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Only interest would be Hill and Sacre. Lin is a FA this summer and probably worth 3-4 mil a year from his record.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

This team is not that bad 6 players double digits but we need 7 players. If Lin, Swaggy, or Ronnie had hot hands they would have been fine. 39% FG and only 16 3s FGA. We really lost by 12 pts since Laker gave up the last 2 mins. GS just lost by 14 pts to Clippers. So the Laker win was not a fluke.

Lakers need a center. Also a new coach.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject:

What happened?! I thought this team was supposed to be just GREAT without Kobe....
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
What happened?! I thought this team was supposed to be just GREAT without Kobe....

Got out rebounded by tall front court and bench did not show up.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Very good fight, the final score isn't indicative of the game. To go into Chicago and be right in striking distance from start to finish is nothing to feel bad about.

I see we're back into the whole moral victories thing. Those didn't happen when Kobe was playing though.

Not in the least. Most definitely a loss. I'm just noticing that this team seems perfectly capable of being competitive without Kobe having to be there to "bail them out" as people say.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject:

Beginning 4th quarter were 68 - 74. The Swaggy P was teammed up and guarded so he was 1/6. Lin was 2/8 with 6 pts. Bench only played 18 mins. They could not out rebound or block the front court. The rotations were awful by BS.

Clarkson playing PG, but was really being a SG. Missed 2 easy layups and got blocked twice which were converted. Lin and Davis should be in the same rotation. Ronnie has proven that he does the same as on the bench with 20 mins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: