Laker Intervention wrote:
tonman wrote:
fafan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
xenojoey wrote:
sammysung wrote:
benched tied it up but somehow when kobe came in they lost momentum.

Happens every game

Even in the games Kobe didn't play in?
Hyperbole is not your friend.

These Lin fans who hate Kobe are good therapy after a game because at least you have something to laugh about.

Kobe Bryant is better than Jeremy Lin. It's not even close and Jeremy will never come close to accomplishing what Kobe has done. Kobe is having a bad year. He has barely played in in the past couple of years, he's 36, coming off the worst sports injury.

Lin is entering his prime and is still just an average player who is solid off the bench.

Let's also put things into context. Bench TIED IT UP AFTER LOSING THE LEAD. If you're down 7, then 13, and back to 7 - all you did was make up the net sum you lost. Kobe came back and they kept knocking at the door. The suns simply have more talent and a better coach who puts them in better position to win.

I can also say, ITJ completely abused Jeremy Lin in the 1st half - which definitely had plenty of mix tape material, but I'm rational enough to know that despite that, and Lin's forced missed shots, and 3pointer that rimmed out, Lin isn't solely responsible for the loss.

Some people here sound like they may have had an awful childhood experience with a real black mamba.

Bench plays better than start, it's true. Did anyone mention Lin before you? Calm down.

The bench did not play better than starters. The 2nd half post I made disputes that claim. Also you're not putting anything into context as Young iso ball heavily changes the stats which have nothing to do with the whole bench unit. He made shots.

I'm…calm I'm just letting Lin fans who joined this forum a few months ago know that their absurd posts are…well absurd.

I like Lin. But he has stans here that simply write some nonsensical and unfair claims. There are also Kobe stans here who do the same thing, as they should rightfully be called out.

Truth and context is all I care about.

If you care about "truth and context" then you wouldn't be generalizing about Lin fans as not all Lin fans post absurd posts. Enough.

Considering I didn't say 'ALL LIN FANS' and specified that very notion, I'm just going to take it that you're mad

For the final time - when I call out Lin fans, it's the ones who recently joined and only like the Lakers because of Lin, and also post in hyperbole and only defend him and never criticize him. IF you don't fit this bill, but are still getting reflexive to such posts - it's quite alarming of your intentions and jekyl/hyde pathology.

No I just told you to stop addressing "those Lin fans". You're the one attacking me. And to be specific not all Lin fans who joined recently posts absurd posts.

Facepalm.
With all due respect, it was you who brought up Lin fans when none of the posts that you referenced had any mention of Lin. Lin played a very good game tonight so can we save the bad mouthing for when he sucks. Ok?

I know right? He responds to a post that has nothing to do with Lin. Starts talking about Lin nonstop, then complains about "those Lin fans" Is he talking about himself?
House Lakesters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
abella134 wrote:
It tells you BS is not a good coach..what happened to the defense-first mindset...we could have given Isiah Thomas when he is available but Carmelo screw us there...

Defense is where BS gets the worst grade. Flunking so far. Roster is not ideal, but the Knicks with Bamby, Childs, Ward, Houston, Dudley, etc...they defended well. These are not world-beating names. More focus on this side of the ball.

Heck, what am I talking about? Tank express!

No point in winning. Just be competive and improve is all We should care about. Need that superstar Oakafar from Duke badly.

I'm usually hesitant to put hopes on a Duke player. They tend to be not so good in the pros. Not as strong a track record as other schools. But we'll take anything at this point, and Okafor might be the exception.
. I'm sure Grant Hill, Deng, and Kyrie take exception to that.

if he's anything like emeka, I'll pass
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

The bench had 53 points to the starters' 54.
The bench outplayed the starters but that's been nothing new since the lineup change.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
tonman wrote:
tonman wrote:
fafan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
xenojoey wrote:
sammysung wrote:

Happens every game

These Lin fans who hate Kobe are good therapy after a game because at least you have something to laugh about.

Kobe Bryant is better than Jeremy Lin. It's not even close and Jeremy will never come close to accomplishing what Kobe has done. Kobe is having a bad year. He has barely played in in the past couple of years, he's 36, coming off the worst sports injury.

Lin is entering his prime and is still just an average player who is solid off the bench.

Let's also put things into context. Bench TIED IT UP AFTER LOSING THE LEAD. If you're down 7, then 13, and back to 7 - all you did was make up the net sum you lost. Kobe came back and they kept knocking at the door. The suns simply have more talent and a better coach who puts them in better position to win.

I can also say, ITJ completely abused Jeremy Lin in the 1st half - which definitely had plenty of mix tape material, but I'm rational enough to know that despite that, and Lin's forced missed shots, and 3pointer that rimmed out, Lin isn't solely responsible for the loss.

Some people here sound like they may have had an awful childhood experience with a real black mamba.

Bench plays better than start, it's true. Did anyone mention Lin before you? Calm down.

The bench did not play better than starters. The 2nd half post I made disputes that claim. Also you're not putting anything into context as Young iso ball heavily changes the stats which have nothing to do with the whole bench unit. He made shots.

I'm…calm I'm just letting Lin fans who joined this forum a few months ago know that their absurd posts are…well absurd.

I like Lin. But he has stans here that simply write some nonsensical and unfair claims. There are also Kobe stans here who do the same thing, as they should rightfully be called out.

If you care about "truth and context" then you wouldn't be generalizing about Lin fans as not all Lin fans post absurd posts. Enough.

Considering I didn't say 'ALL LIN FANS' and specified that very notion, I'm just going to take it that you're mad

For the final time - when I call out Lin fans, it's the ones who recently joined and only like the Lakers because of Lin, and also post in hyperbole and only defend him and never criticize him. IF you don't fit this bill, but are still getting reflexive to such posts - it's quite alarming of your intentions and jekyl/hyde pathology.

No I just told you to stop addressing "those Lin fans". You're the one attacking me. And to be specific not all Lin fans who joined recently posts absurd posts.

Facepalm.
With all due respect, it was you who brought up Lin fans when none of the posts that you referenced had any mention of Lin. Lin played a very good game tonight so can we save the bad mouthing for when he sucks. Ok?

I know right? He responds to a post that has nothing to do with Lin. Starts talking about Lin nonstop, then complains about "those Lin fans" Is he talking about himself?

That is fair criticism when reading the trail of posts. Let me explain the intention. I've seen posts this year where SammySung just praises Lin and won't criticize him. That was the motivation behind the post. It isn't to bash Lin. But there are Lin fans here who will go crucify Kobe if he had missed that last shot. Or if he got killed on defensive end in the 1st half the way Lin had.

SammySung isn't always victim of this but he has done it before. There are others who blatantly do it. There are also Kobe fanatics who do the same thing and put blame on everyone but him.

"somehow they lost momentum when Kobe came in" is a blatant insinuation that Kobe killed the momentum which is just not true. He was getting people involved. If anything he was too passive at times when open shots for himself were available. This initial post of this whole trail is just as unfair as placing the entire loss on Lin's missed 3. The game was lost in 48 minutes. I myself said I wish we had blake or fisher in that situation. But Lin didn't lose the game. Kobe also didn't kill momentum.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
tonman wrote:
tonman wrote:
fafan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
xenojoey wrote:
sammysung wrote:

Happens every game

Facepalm.

That is fair criticism when reading the trail of posts. Let me explain the intention. I've seen posts this year where SammySung just praises Lin and won't criticize him. That was the motivation behind the post. It isn't to bash Lin. But there are Lin fans here who will go crucify Kobe if he had missed that last shot. Or if he got killed on defensive end in the 1st half the way Lin had.

SammySung isn't always victim of this but he has done it before. There are others who blatantly do it. There are also Kobe fanatics who do the same thing and put blame on everyone but him.

I don't know who sammysung is but 50/50 chance he's either an irrational fan or a troll pretending to be an irrational fan. Either way, best to ignore those types.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
abella134 wrote:
It tells you BS is not a good coach..what happened to the defense-first mindset...we could have given Isiah Thomas when he is available but Carmelo screw us there...

Defense is where BS gets the worst grade. Flunking so far. Roster is not ideal, but the Knicks with Bamby, Childs, Ward, Houston, Dudley, etc...they defended well. These are not world-beating names. More focus on this side of the ball.

Heck, what am I talking about? Tank express!

No point in winning. Just be competive and improve is all We should care about. Need that superstar Oakafar from Duke badly.

I'm usually hesitant to put hopes on a Duke player. They tend to be not so good in the pros. Not as strong a track record as other schools. But we'll take anything at this point, and Okafor might be the exception.
. I'm sure Grant Hill, Deng, and Kyrie take exception to that.

Deng is okay. Not particularly high on Kyrie. I'll stay away from Hill. I have nothing good to say about him. Brand is probably the best of them. What happened to Hurley? Laettner? Battier was more/less fringe.

Who else: Pawlus. Dunleavy. Reddick. Ferry. Korver is better than each of them. Jay Williams was a total bust. Not a single superstar, nevermind HOF or champion. Great college careers. But for one reason or another, a pile of lotto busts.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
freethrow wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
tonman wrote:
tonman wrote:
fafan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
xenojoey wrote:
sammysung wrote:

Happens every game

Facepalm.

I don't know who sammysung is but 50/50 chance he's either an irrational fan or a troll pretending to be an irrational fan. Either way, best to ignore those types.

Unfortunately you're right as it wasn't worth this entire dialogue. I just can't stand the unfair hyperbolic statements. It deflects from actual conversation that could be had but I'm just as guilty by giving into it and trying to 'call it out'. I clearly didn't do a good job as several people took it as a witch hunt on Lin

Oh well. Lesson learned - ignore unfair accusations.
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject:

I'd ignore or report em. There are a few posters I suspect to be trolls whose sole reason for posting on LG seems to be to rile up both the lin fans and the old-school laker fans. I'm still wondering why anyone would go through all this effort for a player like lin.. I like the kid cus of the asian connection and think he is an above average player but he isn't a superstar, a dirty player or does stuff to get attention like johnny manziel so what is the point lol
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

If you don't like a certain few people's posts, it's easier to just ignore them rather than provoking them and calling names and calling them out and calling a group of fans out then defending your posts and redefending your posts and reredefending your posts...

I think Kobe played a decent game considering he hadn't played in a while.

Nevermind...just noticed that the people who complained about Lin fans in the game thread went to the Lin thread to talk more... Guess they actually love talking to Lin fans and hence the provocation.

Last edited by Charisma on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lostology
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Hill and Sacre both with 1 rebound each with a combine 36 minutes. How can the center and backup center have 1 rebound each?
Hurrican
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Lostology wrote:
Jordan Hill and Sacre both with 1 rebound each with a combine 36 minutes. How can the center and backup center have 1 rebound each?

They are sitting in their favorite spot of the 15-20ft range for their jumpshot heh....sigh.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
Lostology wrote:

They are sitting in their favorite spot of the 15-20ft range for their jumpshot heh....sigh.

I am surprise both were not called out about it in the post game.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Misaeng wrote:
Except for that moment in the 3rd quarter where Byron should have called a timeout, nothing else could have been done. We simply lost because Suns were the better team tonight. On to the next game.

I can live with this. As long as the team plays together but just gets beat by a more talented team I cant fault them.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Misaeng wrote:
Except for that moment in the 3rd quarter where Byron should have called a timeout, nothing else could have been done. We simply lost because Suns were the better team tonight. On to the next game.

I can live with this. As long as the team plays together but just gets beat by a more talented team I cant fault them.

Agreed, we just lost to a better team tonight. I thought we played good basketball, Kobe didn't force any shots, passed it when they doubled and tripled team him. Hopefully if we keep playing like this, we'll get more W's
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

If Lakers are in the game within the closing 2 mins, its a win in my book. Can't risk losing a top pick for a W.
TQM
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
freethrow wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
tonman wrote:
tonman wrote:
fafan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
xenojoey wrote:
sammysung wrote:

Happens every game

Facepalm.

Unfortunately you're right as it wasn't worth this entire dialogue. I just can't stand the unfair hyperbolic statements. It deflects from actual conversation that could be had but I'm just as guilty by giving into it and trying to 'call it out'. I clearly didn't do a good job as several people took it as a witch hunt on Lin

Are you really the same person who posted the following:

Before you laugh at this...

The year is closing. Lakers having a tough year. Posting on message boards can be really unhealthy for the ego. A lot of sharing opinions, while thinking they're important, and simultaneously having your mind race can be unhealthy.

A lot of passion is involved. Let's face it when you sign up somewhere to share your opinion about a subject, you're probably passionate about it. This leads to a lot of childish behavior at times. Sometimes very obnoxious. The ego goes full speed, and not until you step away from the computer you realize how absurd the whole act of getting into arguments and such is.

Anyways, this year obviously has a lot of story lines, mostly negative. I just wanted to make a thread for any other people who want to take on 2015 by being constructive in their criticisms and not posting obnoxious and mean posts. To cheer for the Lakers but not get lost in these threads thinking these conversations are more important than they really are. It's okay if someone disagrees with you. Putting so much energy into hoping you change someone's mind or prove them wrong is more revealing about yourself. It's bound to lead to suffering.

The reality is that it's a bunch of guys putting a ball in a hoop. Sometimes our team is good, sometimes it's not. We're lucky that more often than not it has been good and the 2nd best of all time. That being said no matter what, it doesn't mean I should turn into a worse person when I type in here.

Go Lakers. Go better posting habits.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject:

TQM wrote:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=171593

Fixed for brevity.

That it's kind of embarrassing.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject:

TQM wrote:
freethrow wrote:
freethrow wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
tonman wrote:
tonman wrote:
fafan wrote:
SweetP wrote:
xenojoey wrote:
sammysung wrote:

Happens every game

Facepalm.

Before you laugh at this...

The year is closing. Lakers having a tough year. Posting on message boards can be really unhealthy for the ego. A lot of sharing opinions, while thinking they're important, and simultaneously having your mind race can be unhealthy.

A lot of passion is involved. Let's face it when you sign up somewhere to share your opinion about a subject, you're probably passionate about it. This leads to a lot of childish behavior at times. Sometimes very obnoxious. The ego goes full speed, and not until you step away from the computer you realize how absurd the whole act of getting into arguments and such is.

Anyways, this year obviously has a lot of story lines, mostly negative. I just wanted to make a thread for any other people who want to take on 2015 by being constructive in their criticisms and not posting obnoxious and mean posts. To cheer for the Lakers but not get lost in these threads thinking these conversations are more important than they really are. It's okay if someone disagrees with you. Putting so much energy into hoping you change someone's mind or prove them wrong is more revealing about yourself. It's bound to lead to suffering.

The reality is that it's a bunch of guys putting a ball in a hoop. Sometimes our team is good, sometimes it's not. We're lucky that more often than not it has been good and the 2nd best of all time. That being said no matter what, it doesn't mean I should turn into a worse person when I type in here.

Go Lakers. Go better posting habits.

Oops. Grinz. Give Lakers Intervention a break guys, he just needed to get it out of the system and start fresh come Jan 1st. Plus I needed that bit of irony as it made my day.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
TQM wrote:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=171593

Fixed for brevity.

That it's kind of embarrassing.

spontaneous combustion
ClutchJedi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject:

what a luxury it is to be able to bring IT as a sixth man. IT may have his fault as a defense liability, but i dont think anyone can argue that this guy is an offensive dynamite.

if IT is in, i feel like lin should be taking it to the bank every time.
Shaqtin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject:

ClutchJedi wrote:
what a luxury it is to be able to bring IT as a sixth man. IT may have his fault as a defense liability, but i dont think anyone can argue that this guy is an offensive dynamite.

Why do you bring up Lin on every post?
ClutchJedi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

Shaqtin wrote:
ClutchJedi wrote:

because he's on the team...? and i really dont...?

you dont think two players whose specialty is offense and whose liability is defense should exploit each other?
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject:

*groan*
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

ClutchJedi wrote:

Did he score in the 2nd half or just the first half? I'm impressed he seems to get rebounds late in games against the Lakers.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject:

ClutchJedi wrote:
Shaqtin wrote:
ClutchJedi wrote:

because he's on the team...? and i really dont...?

you dont think two players whose specialty is offense and whose liability is defense should exploit each other?

Lin doesn't have a liability on defense to me. He sometimes has defensive lapses but when he wants to tighten the screws, like he did in the 4th quarter, he's a good defensive player. He has 5 blocks in his last 2 games, that shows he's capable of altering and blocking shots if he plays D the way he's capable of. Sometimes it affects his O if he just concentrates on D so he has to learn how to do both well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22
Jump to: