OFFICIAL TARIK BLACK THREAD (Reported to sign with Rockets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
Really I think Tarek is getting way over rated and that the backup center shouldn't be him he is aone trick pony and not even that good at that trick. Sure he made a couple of plays but I don't think he is a legit rotation player in the league

What is it that makes you feel that way? His numbers are a respectable 10.9 points (56.8% fg), 11.2 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 0.9 blocks, and 0.7 steals per 36 minutes over his career, with his blocks rising to 1.3 per 36 minutes last season. He's a solid backup small ball center.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
vicman wrote:
Really I think Tarek is getting way over rated and that the backup center shouldn't be him he is aone trick pony and not even that good at that trick. Sure he made a couple of plays but I don't think he is a legit rotation player in the league

What is it that makes you feel that way? His numbers are a respectable 10.9 points (56.8% fg), 11.2 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 0.9 blocks, and 0.7 steals per 36 minutes over his career, with his blocks rising to 1.3 per 36 minutes last season. He's a solid backup small ball center.

#FreeTarik
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
vicman wrote:

First I think that zubac is a better defender already. Also I think that all he does is try to get to the front of the rim but he is under sized for that I just don't think he is rotation material long term. I think the season will show that because he will get the playing time.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

The only thing missing in Black's life is consistency.
Once or if he maintains production, he'll be worth way more than the $6m/year. But that's a big if.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
vicman wrote:

First I think that zubac is a better defender already. Also I think that all he does is try to get to the front of the rim but he is under sized for that I just don't think he is rotation material long term. I think the season will show that because he will get the playing time.

He's a mobile big man who plays with lots of energy. Zub's time will come, though I don't see it being this season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject:

We saw against Denver how overmatched Zubac is right now.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes unfortunately. I still would like Yi to be given more opportunity.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
Watching Tarik throw down with power and aggression, it almost seems like he is saying "----- you Byron" every time he gets a chance to dunk.

I would like to propose a nickname for Tarik..."Doomsday"

He survived his imprisonment and brutal treatment under BS and now that he has been unleashed he is out to wreak havoc!

I know, kind of a stretch.

Keep up the good work Tarik!

I didn't understand why he didn't play more last year. Oh yeah, we were trying to lose.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
vicman wrote:

All he does is try to get to the front of the rim? I'm lost.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
vicman wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
vicman wrote:

All he does is try to get to the front of the rim? I'm lost.

If your going to be a big you have to have a post up game. Most of his play is trying to get to the front of the rim and it isn't going to work for long. I might be wrong but I don't see him as a quality nba player
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject:

TB played another fairly consistent game. He's gaining confidence. So far he seems to have the edge in the battle for the #2 center spot.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject:

Tarik is a small ball center that isn't good enough to force the other team to go small in response. He's a great counter to the other team going small but he's a liability if they don't.

Hopefully Zublaca will progress enough that we can play either depending on matchups.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

He missed some layups today, that I hope he doesn't in the future.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Yup, Black has to do a better job of finishing.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

To be fair, Moz is a lot bigger/stronger then Zu along with being considerably more experienced. Denver's guys pushed Moz all over the place too.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

In reality we don't have a top-tier center though I think in a few years Zu will be really good.

Fortunately the ones we have all bring a little something different to the table. Each can be effective in certain match ups

However I think that all of our centers are average at best and will have their hands full on a nightly basis.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
In reality we don't have a top-tier center though I think in a few years Zu will be really good.

Fortunately the ones we have all bring a little something different to the table. Each can be effective in certain match ups

However I think that all of our centers are average at best and will have their hands full on a nightly basis.

There aren't that many above average let alone good centers in the NBA anymore, if there ever were.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
pio2u wrote:

There aren't that many above average let alone good centers in the NBA anymore, if there ever were.

M.Gasol
Cousins
KAT
B.Lopez
Horford
Drummond
Whiteside
Howard
P.Gasol
Nikola Vucevic
Jordan
Valanciunas
M.Turner
Gobert
T.Thompson
N.Jokic
S.Adams
Gortat

That's about 17-18 above average/good C's in the NBA

Guys like R.Lopez, E.Kanter, J.Noah, Bogut, Mozogv, Mahinmi, Koufos, Plumlee brothers, Biyombo in the next tier. Wonder where will Mozgov end up in the mix after the season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
pio2u wrote:

M.Gasol
Cousins
KAT
B.Lopez
Horford
Drummond
Whiteside
Howard
P.Gasol
Nikola Vucevic
Jordan
Valanciunas
M.Turner
Gobert
T.Thompson
N.Jokic
S.Adams
Gortat

Guys like R.Lopez, E.Kanter, J.Noah, Bogut, Mozogv, Mahinmi, Koufos, Plumlee brothers, Biyombo in the next tier. Wonder where will Mozgov end up in the mix after the season.

You could throw in Nurkic, Embiid, Okafor, Capela, Zaza, possibly a healthy Ezeli, and maybe more if we wanted to. Heck, Monroe and Al Jefferson as backup bigs will do some real damage against second units that can't exploit them on defense. But after about 10-12 names of true two-way bigs above, I think Mozgov can slot comfortably into that next middle tier where he'll be able to hold his own night in and night out. And against the Cousins and Drummonds of the NBA, he'll be able to staunch some of the excessive bleeding we saw last season with Hibbert, Bass, and Sacre as our C rotation.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Tarik is a small ball center that isn't good enough to force the other team to go small in response. He's a great counter to the other team going small but he's a liability if they don't.

Hopefully Zublaca will progress enough that we can play either depending on matchups.
I agree with your summary of Tarik but I don't agree that he's a small ball center. He's a small center who gets taken advantage of by bigger ones. His limited skills prevent him from doing anything except for pass when he's on the perimeter. He doesn't effectively defend against any quality big man and his consistent playing time will be a negative for this up and coming team.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject:

Tarik Black hate?

It's like Byron all over again.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

Tarik might not be 7 feet, but he plays big and makes the most of his frame. Even when he's not putting up numbers, he still brings the energy and does the little things. I hope he gets good minutes in the rotation.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Tarik might not be 7 feet, but he plays big and makes the most of his frame. Even when he's not putting up numbers, he still brings the energy and does the little things. I hope he gets good minutes in the rotation.

Plus, he's got a very solid 7'3 wingspan and 8'11 standing reach with a bit of hops.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
pio2u wrote:

M.Gasol
Cousins
KAT
B.Lopez
Horford
Drummond
Whiteside
Howard
P.Gasol
Nikola Vucevic
Jordan
Valanciunas
M.Turner
Gobert
T.Thompson
N.Jokic
S.Adams
Gortat

You could throw in Nurkic, Embiid, Okafor, Capela, Zaza, possibly a healthy Ezeli, and maybe more if we wanted to. Heck, Monroe and Al Jefferson as backup bigs will do some real damage against second units that can't exploit them on defense. But after about 10-12 names of true two-way bigs above, I think Mozgov can slot comfortably into that next middle tier where he'll be able to hold his own night in and night out. And against the Cousins and Drummonds of the NBA, he'll be able to staunch some of the excessive bleeding we saw last season with Hibbert, Bass, and Sacre as our C rotation.

Howard is still on this list for you?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

lol steven adams is considered a top tier center now?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 50 of 66
Jump to: