OFFICIAL TARIK BLACK THREAD (Reported to sign with Rockets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Scott is getting guys on one year deals burn to help their free agency status, which is smart b/c LA probably asks at least a couple guys to take Vet Min deals (maybe player-opt yr 2) in July.

Davis and Wes signed on for 1-year min deals and you've seen them get solid run recently. Ellington was a make-good contract, but he's been a professional all year and deserves a showcase. Boozer and Lin are also getting long stretches out there to showcase.

Tanking teams usually do that by buying guys out, especially vets. But that's not the Laker model.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Black is part of the future rebuilding years for the Lakers so he should be a part of the present rotation.
Hopefully, Coach Scott comes to his senses soon and starts betting on Black.

FREE TARIK BLACK!
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Coach Scott stated that the OKC bigs outplayed our guys.

Quote:
"I thought their bigs were much more aggressive and much more physical than ours,” Scott said post-game. “All of our bigs got pretty much outplayed tonight.”

Well with that being said why didn't he at least give Tarik Black a chance to see what he could do.
After all he is the most physical player that we have. SMH

This

I agree!! Don't know why he's not playing him at all now?? I wonder if BS told Black why he's suddenly benched....I feel bad for him!! Unless he's got some injury we don't know of??
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

per LA TIMES: Lineup changes are coming

Scott said he'd like to see more of rookie Tarik Black and Ryan Kelly play some power forward.

FREE TARIK BLACK!!
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Scott said he'd like to see more of rookie Tarik Black and Ryan Kelly play some power forward.

FREE TARIK BLACK!!

Does anyone know if Tarik will be a "restricted" or "unrestricted" free agent after this season is over?
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:

Does anyone know if Tarik will be a "restricted" or "unrestricted" free agent after this season is over?

He's on a similar contract to Jordan Clarkson, which is given to 2nd round picks and undrafted rookies. Next season is an option to guarantee his contract, with the following summer (2016) can become "restricted" via a qualifying offer.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-claim-tarik-black-release-xavier-henry-20141228-story.html

Quote:
Black is on a two-year, non-guaranteed deal at $507,336 for the current season, and $845,059 for 2015-16. The Lakers can make him a restricted free agent before the 2016-17 season with a $1.2 million qualifying offer.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:

He's on a similar contract to Jordan Clarkson, which is given to 2nd round picks and undrafted rookies. Next season is an option to guarantee his contract, with the following summer (2016) can become "restricted" via a qualifying offer.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-claim-tarik-black-release-xavier-henry-20141228-story.html

Quote:
Black is on a two-year, non-guaranteed deal at $507,336 for the current season, and $845,059 for 2015-16. The Lakers can make him a restricted free agent before the 2016-17 season with a $1.2 million qualifying offer.

kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

FREE TARIK BLACK!!

FINALLY!!

Hope the change starts today!!
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
pio2u wrote:

FREE TARIK BLACK!!

FINALLY!!

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers 3h3 hours ago
Same lineup tonight for the Lakers. Byron: "I'll probably start that lineup for the rest of this trip & then reevaluate when we get home."

Not yet
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
pio2u wrote:

FREE TARIK BLACK!!

FINALLY!!

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers 3h3 hours ago
Same lineup tonight for the Lakers. Byron: "I'll probably start that lineup for the rest of this trip & then reevaluate when we get home."

Not yet

Crud!!

He still might give Black some minutes....only mentioned keeping the starters the same on this trip. I hope so!
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:

Quote:

OK, i'd say it's almost guaranteed that he'll be on the roster next season along with Clarkson. Finally some young talent on the roster that can be molded and cultivated.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Really looking forward to seeing Tarik hit the floor tonight.
I hope he hasn't rusted out sitting on the pine for so long.
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Me too...there is one thing about him that i find confusing, it's his height. I've come across websites that list him as 6'9'' and 6'11''. Exactly how tall is Tarik?
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Lin and Boozer are not really part of the Lakers future so they shouldn't be getting a ton of minutes. Clarkson, Black, Davis and Kelly should get the most burn. It's about getting the young guys experience, and getting two good 1st round draft picks, not winning 3-5 meaningless games that will set the franchise back even longer.

They never should have picked up Boozer, and they should have bought out Lin as soon as he became unhappy about his lack of playing time.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Me too...there is one thing about him that i find confusing, it's his height. I've come across websites that list him as 6'9'' and 6'11''. Exactly how tall is Tarik?

Looks to be about 6'8"-6'9".
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Yes, the 6'11" was incorrect...Black said so. But he has a great wingspan for his height!

Before the draft, Tarik measured 6' 7.5" without shoes but sported an impressive 7' 2.5" wingspan and an 8' 11" standing reach.

That was before the draft...probably taller now.

Last edited by kobe_luver on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

I hope he plays him tonight and doesn't wait to make any changes til after this road trip (not just starting lineup changes).
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Lin and Boozer are not really part of the Lakers future so they shouldn't be getting a ton of minutes. Clarkson, Black, Davis and Kelly should get the most burn. It's about getting the young guys experience, and getting two good 1st round draft picks, not winning 3-5 meaningless games that will set the franchise back even longer.

They never should have picked up Boozer, and they should have bought out Lin as soon as he became unhappy about his lack of playing time.

Well spoken, and i agree with everything you've said. I never understood the Lakers decision to go into the beginning of the season with Randle, Davis, Kelly, Hill, AND then electing to pick up Boozer. It doesn't make any sense. I compare that decision to the Lakers 2004-2005 season, in which management elected to stockpile SF's like C. Butler, Jumaine Jones, Lamar Odom, to go with the one's that they already had: Luke Walton, Devean George. Granted, a few of those people came over in the Shaq trade. Whether or not they could've asked for players at other positions is inconsequential at this point, but it doesn't appear they've learned their lesson. Whomever(Mitch, Jimmy, both, or other) sits down and plans the roster for the coming season needs to research the blueprint that Jerry West created, in order to avoid making up disjointed rosters.
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Yes, the 6'11" was incorrect...Black said so. But he has a great wingspan for his height!

Before the draft, Tarik measured 6' 7.5" without shoes but sported an impressive 7' 2.5" wingspan and an 8' 11" standing reach.

He's only about 6'8''. And a 7'2.5 wingspan for a guy who is 6'7''1/2? I'm not 100% certain of the premise on wingspan. Does that essentially mean that the distance from the end of one outstretched arm to the other is roughly 86.5 inches? If so, Tarik should be able to touch his kneecaps while standing straight up!
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
pio2u wrote:

He's only about 6'8''. And a 7'2.5 wingspan for a guy who is 6'7''1/2? I'm not 100% certain of the premise on wingspan. Does that essentially mean that the distance from the end of one outstretched arm to the other is roughly 86.5 inches? If so, Tarik should be able to touch his kneecaps while standing straight up!

When we got him there was a big discussion here about his crazy wingspan!! Height really doesn't matter...it's how high your reach is!
Quartz888
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

No Tarik today
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Since the Lakers aren't going anywhere or going to win much games this year, it doesn't make any sense to keep a guy like Black on the bench.....shouldn't there be better talent evaluation for the rest of the season?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Since the Lakers aren't going anywhere or going to win much games this year, it doesn't make any sense to keep a guy like Black on the bench.....shouldn't there be better talent evaluation for the rest of the season?

Apparently that makes too much sense.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject:

Tarik Black respects Byron Scott’s decision to sit him

Quote:
“I’m just waiting on the opportunity,” Lakers rookie center Tarik Black said. “That’s all I can do.”

After all, it appears likely Black will not play when the Lakers (16-44) visit the Memphis Grizzlies (43-17) on Friday at FedEx Forum Arena. He has missed the past five games because of a coach’s decision, a sharp contrast to when he averaged 5.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in the previous 12 games as a starter.

FREE TARIK LINK
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject:

Hope BS starts the new lineup giving Black play time today!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 18 of 66
Jump to: