OFFICIAL TARIK BLACK THREAD (Reported to sign with Rockets)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject:

I agree but he played more than 17 minutes. He played 27
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject:

TB was very impressive last night!
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject:

what a pick up. dude is a 100% legit backup center/pf.
we need guys like him to eventually form a championship team.

i'm very confident with Ed/Black/Kelly as our 3rd/4th/5th big men.
We have randle as our 2nd big man. So that leaves us with acquiring a star center as our number 1 priority this offseason.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If Tarik black develops a outside shot.. Watch out
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:

We have randle as our 2nd big man. So that leaves us with acquiring a star center as our number 1 priority this offseason.

I have no idea why people keep saying this. It's like they haven't been paying attention to the NBA the last few seasons and how it's changed.

You don't need a star center anymore to win.

A true center anyway. Sure you had the likes of Bosh and Duncan the last three years, but both of those players are power forwards who've played center when their respective teams went small which was very frequent because the change of land scape in the NBA.

Sure I'd love to get Marc Gasol if he becomes available, but it's not a necessity. There's no reason Randle can't be our #1 big from an offensive standpoint. Now we do need a solid rim protector because Randle isn't one and likely won't ever be.

Look at the Warriors. They have Bogut who is seen by most as a draft bust, but he's an elite rim protector. They spread you out 1-4 with obviously two elite penetrating guards in Curry and Thompson. That's how you win. We need another guy besides Clarkson who can get into the teeth of defenses and shooters to spread the floor. We need a big guy who can clean up the boards and finish inside and can protect the paint.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Yong wrote:

I have no idea why people keep saying this. It's like they haven't been paying attention to the NBA the last few seasons and how it's changed.

A true center anyway. Sure you had the likes of Bosh and Duncan the last three years, but both of those players are power forwards who've played center when their respective teams went small which was very frequent because the change of land scape in the NBA.

Sure I'd love to get Marc Gasol if he becomes available, but it's not a necessity. There's no reason Randle can't be our #1 big from an offensive standpoint. Now we do need a solid rim protector because Randle isn't one and likely won't ever be.

Look at the Warriors. They have Bogut who is seen by most as a draft bust, but he's an elite rim protector. They spread you out 1-4 with obviously two elite penetrating guards in Curry and Thompson. That's how you win. We need another guy besides Clarkson who can get into the teeth of defenses and shooters to spread the floor. We need a big guy who can clean up the boards and finish inside and can protect the paint.

yup i didn't mean a true center. what i meant was a big man of a center size

deandre or towns would be great.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Black definitely has some skills. He is a bit undersized but plays big. I don't think he could start next to Randle but he can be a nice 3rd bigman.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Yong wrote:

You realize the centers we have are tweeners and basically get outboxed by bigger centers like Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, etc....our one real center who is a 7 footer is Sacre, and he is just terrible.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Tarik is the ideal backup big. He plays so hard and can guard the 4 or 5. We found a gem.

I think he can be a starter. He looked really good starting in Houston at the beginning of the season. And based on his skills and hoop IQ, I think he can be our guy who can be a 5th option, guard the paint, be active on the offensive and defensive boards and score when needed. There aren't many NBA centers that will give him trouble offensively or defensively. And I am not basing that on just his play lately on a bad team, but more on what he can actually do skill and IQ wise. Before the game on Friday Worthy devoted a whole segement to Tarik where he showed examples of how Black uses his high IQ to be in good position to grab boards. He is also developing that FT line drive to the basket. He does need to work on a 15-footer and FT shooting, but if we go into next season with him starting and Davis backing him up, I have no issues.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

I am a big Tarik Black fan. I would sign him long term if I was the Lakers, get him now at a reasonable figure.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I am a big Tarik Black fan. I would sign him long term if I was the Lakers, get him now at a reasonable figure.

I'm with you on that!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Black is 100% a keeper here as a rotational big. The perfect kind of energy and hustle player you need that does the dirty work on the team.

Best part is he is a rookie. Hopefully we can look to extend him in the offseason more long term to make it official.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Problem is, he is not a rim protector and probably won't fit next to Randle.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Yong wrote:

You realize the centers we have are tweeners and basically get outboxed by bigger centers like Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, etc....our one real center who is a 7 footer is Sacre, and he is just terrible.

You must've misread my quote. I said you don't need a true star center to win anymore. I didn't say you don't need a true center who can rebound and defend the paint. I gave Bogut as an example of that.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Yong wrote:

Duncan is by no means a power foward and hasn't been in a LONG time.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Problem is, he is not a rim protector and probably won't fit next to Randle.

That's because Black is not in any way shape or form a center. Once we sign draft and sign some real players in the offseason, Black will be backing up to Randle at PF.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

So Tarik going for 7 and 13 with a block in 3 quarters against Chandler means he isn't a center? Can't follow that line of thinking. People need to break the NBA paradigms from the 90's. Things have changed, roll with it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Tarik w/ 10 points & a career high 19 rebounds!!
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Julius is gonna come off the bench next year I think. Tar will continue to start at PF. Bring in Julius slowly since he's coming back from a injury. Tar having a strong rookie year.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Yong wrote:

how is Black undersized? he's 6'11. 250.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject:

unless this is wrong.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2528393/tarik-black
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
unless this is wrong.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2528393/tarik-black

Like many players, his listed and actual height are different.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Yong wrote:

how is Black undersized? he's 6'11. 250.

That is incorrect and I don't know why the NBA doesn't correct it. Black said he's actually 6'9...but he has a long reach which is what counts. If you look he has no neck so that takes an inch or two from his actual total height and you don't need height above your shoulders.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

draft express says he's 6'8.5

jeez.. its hard to tell because he hunches a lot. Robin Lopez seemed a lot taller than him.. but he's 7'0

Adrien Payne seemed taller than him as well..and he's 6'10.

espn is full of crap.. again.. ha
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Calder Hynes
‏@calder_h
Tarik Black is the first Laker rookie to have 18+ rebounds since George Lynch in 1994
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 22 of 66
Jump to: